Coach rogue vs Gucci briefcase! Which do I buy?

Heda97

Apr 7, 2017
I know these two are not brands that people regularly cross-shop, but I'm getting a pretty good deal on this Gucci briefcase from the outlet, it's made in Italy, however it seems like it is pre Alessandro Michele, so quite a few seasons ago, the the corners don't look the best to me. It will be around 1000 CAD for this. But I absolutely fell in love with the coach rogue briefcase, not sure how much it is in Canadian stores, but probably not too far off from the Gucci bag. I've been a super big fan of coach for a while, but wanted to move onto some more higher end European bags, but the rogue and Disney collection pulled me back into the world of coach. Which would you get?

Attachments

• IMG_5176.PNG
    IMG_5176.PNG
    461.1 KB · Views: 1,562
  • IMG_5167.jpg
    IMG_5167.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 1,580
I've been carrying my smooth glovetanned brief for a couple weeks now. Personally I prefer the smooth glovetanned leather, but if you're looking at the pebble you can worry less about the durability. Pebble will hold structure better and scratch less than the smooth. I haven't experienced the corners turning in like I've seen on the women's Rogue bags. I've noticed a small imprint on the outside of the leather where the round magnet is and an imprint of the handle IF you fold them on the inside to carry cross body.
I'm biased for sure; I would go with the Rogue brief. I've been waiting for a bag like this, it's the perfect size, has so many compartments, and is a good price point considering the quality of leather and being apart of the 1941 collection.
Here are some pictures after a couple weeks of carrying mine: IMG_1495902694.291041.jpgIMG_1495902705.245374.jpg
Let us know what you do! I would encourage you to go to a local store if you have one nearby and get a feel for it.

I've been carrying my smooth glovetanned brief for a couple weeks now. Personally I prefer the smooth glovetanned leather, but if you're looking at the pebble you can worry less about the durability. Pebble will hold structure better and scratch less than the smooth. I haven't experienced the corners turning in like I've seen on the women's Rogue bags. I've noticed a small imprint on the outside of the leather where the round magnet is and an imprint of the handle IF you fold them on the inside to carry cross body.
I'm biased for sure; I would go with the Rogue brief. I've been waiting for a bag like this, it's the perfect size, has so many compartments, and is a good price point considering the quality of leather and being apart of the 1941 collection.
Here are some pictures after a couple weeks of carrying mine: View attachment 3711796View attachment 3711797
Let us know what you do! I would encourage you to go to a local store if you have one nearby and get a feel for it.

Wow it looks stunning with the contrast leather colours!! Does it feel like a heavy bag to you? I'm mainly just looking to put my MacBook Pro + charger, and a water bottle in it, sometimes a textbook or 2. Thank you for the images, the website doesn't have very many at the moment. I think I may go with the rogue and add a fendi bag charm with the left over money instead of the Gucci bag :biggrin:

Wow it looks stunning with the contrast leather colours!! Does it feel like a heavy bag to you? I'm mainly just looking to put my MacBook Pro + charger, and a water bottle in it, sometimes a textbook or 2. Thank you for the images, the website doesn't have very many at the moment. I think I may go with the rogue and add a fendi bag charm with the left over money instead of the Gucci bag

I'm carting around a 15" 2012 MacBook (I think it weighs about 6 pounds). I have enough space still for a cosmetic case and a full size zip around wallet. So I'm sure you could fit a textbook and water. It's a little bit on the heavier side with everything but without my giant computer is perfect. It does have a leather strap opposed to nylon so if you're carrying it cross body it could be more uncomfortable. But the leather strap is classy, and that to me is worth it.

Reactions: Heda97
Here are some pictures after a couple weeks of carrying mine: View attachment 3711796View attachment 3711797
Gorgeous!

Reactions: aglife and Heda97
Coach.

This is coming from a Gucci lover who has no issues with monogram. In this particular case, the focus of the Coach is more on the materials and design than the Gucci where it's standout design element is the logo. As a briefcase, I would err on the side of more subtle for versatility. For professional image, there's a difference between, "that's a nice bag" and "that's a designer bag." I'd rather the former if I'm having to ask which one. Quality-wise, Coach 1941 stands up to most of the major premier designers.

Coach.

This is coming from a Gucci lover who has no issues with monogram. In this particular case, the focus of the Coach is more on the materials and design than the Gucci where it's standout design element is the logo. As a briefcase, I would err on the side of more subtle for versatility. For professional image, there's a difference between, "that's a nice bag" and "that's a designer bag." I'd rather the former if I'm having to ask which one. Quality-wise, Coach 1941 stands up to most of the major premier designers.
Well said. :tup:

It's a lot of money to put on your charge but could you get both - to try them out at home and decide which one will work best for you and return the other one.

Reactions: Heda97