LOEWE Puzzle bag -quality issue

Apr 13, 2014
Hi fellow PFers!

I bought my Puzzle bag in January 2017. After two months of regular use, the glazing on my strap began to crack. I thought it was an isolated incident, but I read another reviewer that had the same problem. I've sent it off for Loewe to fix it. I'm just waiting for them to return my bag. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't offer a new bag, because it was only a couple months old. Please check your straps to make sure you don't have this problem, either!

loewepuzzlestrapcracking.JPG

:sad:Sorry about your Puzzle. I actually came across several reviews about this cracking too. I don't personally own a puzzle bag, really love the design however this is one of the reasons that holding me back. Some reviewers say this is due to the glazing Loewe use. Loewe has amazing leather but seems that the glazing might not be the most durable (maybe more sensitive to temperature and humidity); according to some reviewers Loewe offers life time warranty for the glazing. I prefer more structured styles such as Barcelona and Amazona, still worried if this would happen too...

Hi fellow PFers!

I bought my Puzzle bag in January 2017. After two months of regular use, the glazing on my strap began to crack. I thought it was an isolated incident, but I read another reviewer that had the same problem. I've sent it off for Loewe to fix it. I'm just waiting for them to return my bag. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't offer a new bag, because it was only a couple months old. Please check your straps to make sure you don't have this problem, either!

View attachment 3709693
Ahh! Do you live in a city with a Loewe store and did you take it there for them to examine/start the process? I bought mine in Barcelona but I live in a no-Loewe US city.. and I think i may be seeing some cracks..

oh noooo i'm sorry about your bag. my 2 puzzles have no issue with that and i wore them a lot since i got them
i just check mine and have no problem with both straps. the small and medium puzzle

Ahh! Do you live in a city with a Loewe store and did you take it there for them to examine/start the process? I bought mine in Barcelona but I live in a no-Loewe US city.. and I think i may be seeing some cracks..

I don't live in a city with a stand alone Loewe store. I emailed their aftersales department and they offered to repair the strap. They arranged to pay for shipping costs with UPS. *Crossing fingers* that everything is okay with the fix. Hope that helps and good luck!

:sad:Sorry about your Puzzle. I actually came across several reviews about this cracking too. I don't personally own a puzzle bag, really love the design however this is one of the reasons that holding me back. Some reviewers say this is due to the glazing Loewe use. Loewe has amazing leather but seems that the glazing might not be the most durable (maybe more sensitive to temperature and humidity); according to some reviewers Loewe offers life time warranty for the glazing. I prefer more structured styles such as Barcelona and Amazona, still worried if this would happen too...

It's this reason that I can't bring myself to purchase another Puzzle. Loewe does have amazing leathers and designs! It's just heartbreaking when you spend that kind of money on a bag, only to have quality issues. I thought LV and Chanel were the only ones to have major quality issues.

Reactions: kikisptr
Hi fellow PFers!

View attachment 3709693
Sorry to hear what happened to your puzzle! My sister also own one that she had been wearing for almost two years now and luckily this didn't happen to hers.
I had been a fan of Loewe for over 10 years solely because of its leather and it's craftsmanship, my Loewe pieces from the last 10 years are still looking great without much care. However when I feel the new collections after JWA took over, the leather definitely felt different and some of the finishes just lose that 'class' feeling to it. :sad:
At the moment I M loving their shoes tho lol

I just purchased a loewe puzzle and am having the same issue with cracking on the flap closure of the bag. Unfortunately, I purchased through barneys and they have had the bag for a month with no news of fixing it.

I purchased a pre-loved small Puzzle bag b(I really loved the original design with the wider strap and feet) and noticed recently that the glazing on the flap is cracking. Do you think Loewe will honor the repair still?

Attachments

• IMG_20190825_125448.jpg
    IMG_20190825_125448.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 389
Hi. I’m interested to buy a Loewe puzzle bag and came across this thread. Now I’m on the fence about buying it. Anyone with the newer version of the bag? I’m hoping the glazing issues have been resolved.

Does Loewe offer a "spa" service like Hermès? I understand they repair glazing issues, but what about scuffs in the leather? At H spa the leather is cleaned, conditioned and small scratches are carefully covered with a thin layer of paint, making it look practically new apart from the slouch. Wondering if Loewe offers something similar. I've been into H mostly the last years and one of its appeals is that you can always have the products refreshed, even if for a fee. I'm now considering a puzzle bag and am more likely to pull the trigger if they do offer such a service.

I love Loewe’s design, leather and craftsmanship, but I have to say, it has become a thing they do to use this really thick layers of glazing all over the place, and they do seem to be prone to cracks.

As regards @CrackBerryCream question on spa, I would say Loewe’s offer is more like Celine. They would do certain repairs and you can ask them to clean the bag, but it is not a full on repair and spa service like Hermes. They will take older bags like a classic Amazona but not if they are in a poor state (which Hermes would do). I also have the impression they would not take any random old model that is not a classic like the Amazona but that is my impression as I have not tested this...
I am talking about Casa Loewe in Madrid, the flagship, I do not know whether they would offer these services in every store...

Reactions: CrackBerryCream