YouTubers selling their LV and more via YouTube-thoughts?

KimTX

O.G.
Mar 19, 2013
I have been noticing many of my beloved Luxe YouTubers are using their channel as a platform for selling their no longer desired items. I have mixed feelings about this and I'm wondering how some of you may feel about it, or if you have feelings about it all.

Just curious-it's been on my mind here and there, and wondering if anyone else has noticed or cares. For the record-I've thought about buying from them!

I just tried to delete this thread, but don't see how. I truly appreciate the Luxe YouTubers for the work they put into their channels. I hope I don't sound like a grump. Just wondering b/c it seems like a new thing.

I have no issues with them using their channel to sell. What I have an issue with is how much they will RAVE about an item, call it their holy grail and act as if they are all in love, then turn around and 3 months later that item is gone from their "collection". It's all starting to seem as if they are only buying items just to have something to showcase on their channel. SMH

I've said it before and I'll say it again. For most people buying luxury and doing videos on a weekly basis is just not sustainable. There are definitely some of them that can afford to spend on luxury items, but I think a lot of them are trying to keep up with the Jones' OR they want to be the first to stumble across the next "it" item.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
I have no issues with them using their channel to sell. What I have an issue with is how much they will RAVE about an item, call it their holy grail and act as if they are all in love, then turn around and 3 months later that item is gone from their "collection". It's all starting to seem as if they are only buying items just to have something to showcase on their channel. SMH

I've said it once and I'll say it again. For most people buying luxury and doing videos on a weekly basis is just not sustainable. There are definitely some of them that can afford to spend on luxury items, but I think a lot of them are trying to keep up with the Jones' OR they want to be the first to stumble across the next "it" item.

Just my two cents.

I completely agree. I have been "duped" into buying some items because they raved about them, just to find out not much later that they sold the items! I felt completely stupid. I don't do that anymore.

I don't care if they do. But I definitely do get bothered when these people do rave about it like it was their absolute "holy grail" and then never heard of the bag again. Then later they end up selling it. But perhaps when they got it and times goes by, they realize it not what they hoped to be liked initially. :lol:

I think some people are just not honest. Wanting the attention for the sole of it. But I think some are honest, but they are really just fickle about what they like. Then there are some who really marked their words of they they feel about the bag and their collection.

Reactions: iLuvBeauty
I don't normally watch YouTube personalities, but I'll check out a couple of videos when I'm looking for reviews on an item I'm interested in. I see nothing wrong with it, but I hope people are using caution when purchasing. Will the seller offer you a partial or full refund if you're not satisfied? Will they supply adequate images of the bag to help verify authenticity?

Also, from what I see on IG prices for the bags are often inflated. As if it being previously owned by someone you think you know because you "follow " them justifies a 10-15% markup over average preloved prices

I don't care if they sell their items but all buyers should always be cautious in the pre-loved market of any sort. Also I really appreciate the you tube reviewers we must all admit photos on LV are terrible for the most part and lots of us live no where near a store. Last but not least EVERY TIME I buy a new bag I THINK it's my holy grail and I LOOOOVE it UNTIL.....There are new releases or I watch other bag reviews and become obsessed with a different bag. Seriously if we weren't all somewhat a bit like this why would we constantly be stalking the purse forum, youtube videos ect....oh and sometimes the hype of a bag does hook me but so did the hype of the Apple Watch, the bigger iPad ect...so can't blame the youtubers cause I bought a bag and didn't love it forever....

I'm fairly new to LV so had to do a lot of research and watch a shed load of unboxing, wimb type you tube videos just to get some ideas what to get as my 1st LV bag. It is certainly very easy to get into the hype that they can create on certain bags. Especially when a whole collective group of them buy the same one its like some contagion. And most of of the time it will be a bag that's either just come out or limited or super limited that they like to tell us.
I recently watched a YouTuber who I really respected until she said she "scored" a Hermes like she won the lottery, she had become the 'special one' At that point I kinda felt OK this is madness I'm out. There's more to life than scoring a 'hermes' or needing to feel extra special. Am I missing something? Please tell me because either I'm out of tune not in the same wave length or I need re-educating in the bag department.

I don't mind them using their platforms to sell their bags at all. I've even wanted to buy some from YouTubers since it seems like they're selling for a decently reasonable price for preloved bags!

But I agree if they're raving about an item one minute, then the next they're tossing it aside. I understand that people change their minds about products (we've all done that!) but when every other bag or product is a "LOOOOOVE" product for only a period of time and then gets thrown away, then I become a bit skeptical about their intentions with videos.

Reactions: loves and daysha

I've said it before and I'll say it again. For most people buying luxury and doing videos on a weekly basis is just not sustainable. There are definitely some of them that can afford to spend on luxury items, but I think a lot of them are trying to keep up with the Jones' OR they want to be the first to stumble across the next "it" item.

Just my two cents.

Yup I agree as well. It is so annoying because I would be doing research on the next item I want to purchase and then I would see months later that one of the people who raved about it just sold it and I'm like "wtf..."

I just don't understand how some of these people are able to afford to buy so much and sell it all at a loss...and still buy more.

Reactions: daysha
Everyone's gotta eat.

There's a couple of Youtubers whom come to mind (buy just for the sake of buying something, then selling) but I just don't watch the ones I find particularly annoying.

I agree that as long as they're not marking it up because they have some modicum of fame, it doesn't bother me :hrmm: