NEED HELP: 5 motifs bracelet malachite or carnelian

paithai

Jun 8, 2015
Hi everyone, I'd like to buy a 5 motifs bracelet either malachite or carnilian. Since I have 10 motifs MOP in yellow gold and I wanna attach the bracelet to the necklace, which bracelet do you think I should get? Any suggestions? Pictures are appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: Mai1981
Both are fabulous choices. Does one look better against your skin than the other? Or perhaps blends with your wardrobe more easily? My SA advised that red is an easier colour to pair than green. So I'd say malachite is a more statement colour (love the striations), and carnelian is more wearable?
Thanks for ur suggestion. My SA told me the same say, red is easier color to pair with MOP. And the other concern is I'm gonna pair the bracelet with my Cartier love bracelet, due to the softness of the malachite, is it better to wear the malachite brace alone instead of impacting with other metal ?

Thanks for ur suggestion. My SA told me the same say, red is easier color to pair with MOP. And the other concern is I'm gonna pair the bracelet with my Cartier love bracelet, due to the softness of the malachite, is it better to wear the malachite brace alone instead of impacting with other metal ?

I think it depends on your comfort level. I personally don't wear anything alongside my love bracelet, but I'd make an exception for a perlee or another love. Lol

Hadassa, they are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.
Paithai, regarding your question, my preference is malachite. Malachite appears to stand out more to me than carnelian. If I worry about it being damaged when wearing as a bracelet, I would buy a 10-motif necklace instead. You can always use an extension if you want a longer necklace. Besides, stacking two different stone necklaces looks great.

Reactions: HADASSA and pazt
That is gorgeous...I love the striations on your bracelet :heart:

Hadassa, they are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.
Paithai, regarding your question, my preference is malachite. Malachite appears to stand out more to me than carnelian. If I worry about it being damaged when wearing as a bracelet, I would buy a 10-motif necklace instead. You can always use an extension if you want a longer necklace. Besides, stacking two different stone necklaces looks great.

Thank you Lisa and Christi [emoji257][emoji257]

This gorgeous bracelet was chosen by Texasgirliegirl [emoji173]️ and my wonderful DSA at NM. Lisa, you and I share him [emoji6]

My preference is for a stone with "life" and character rather than a flat colour. It is a statement piece and I chose Malachite based on its beauty rather than its hardness on the Moh's scale.

If you want a bracelet and do choose Malachite, I would say wear it on the other wrist[emoji1360]

Thanks all for you great suggestion.
Here's the update. Bracelet in carnelian just came today, however, I feel like I' not really into it. Here's the picture~~
I agree malachite pops out more than carnelian, however it's harder to maintain and can't be stacked with love bracelet. BUT I love the green and think will exchange to malachite one. Will update soon.
Again, thanks a lot ladies.
Failed to inserted pictures I took today ~~~