What caused your Louis Vuitton addiction?

zurilaura93

Jul 19, 2012
Who, or what turned you on to Louis Vuitton, and what was your first piece? Do you buy other designers?
For me, it was a friend of mine in Los Angeles. She had a DA Speedy 30 that I actually did not recognize as Louis Vuitton, and at first I was not a fan of any of the other canvas patterns and leather. Now I am obsessed! Still only a Louis Vuitton girl, and loving my Speedy, but I am becoming more of a Chanel fan, and I never thought that would happen.

My hubby he totally surprised me with a LV for Mother's Day a few years ago. I was originally dropping hints that I wanted a Chanel & at the time Neiman Marcus did not have them but they had LV so he surprised me with a Trevi PM. I have been hooked ever since. A couple years ago I purchased a Chanel but sold it immediately since it was not my style. I'm a true LV girl.

My hubby he totally surprised me with a LV for Mother's Day a few years ago. I was originally dropping hints that I wanted a Chanel & at the time Neiman Marcus did not have them but they had LV so he surprised me with a Trevi PM. I have been hooked ever since. A couple years ago I purchased a Chanel but sold it immediately since it was not my style. I'm a true LV girl.
That's sweet of him! :smile:

Reactions: prepster
I got my first and only LV (Speedy B) for a while in 2012. But I didn't get addicted until 2015 when I was browsing LV for a present for my cousin and I saw the 6 key holder in mono/rose ballerine. That's when rose ballerine items started popping up. After that I went on a mono/rose ballerine buying spree :P
I've been eyeing quite a few Rose Ballerine pieces lately myself. Lol It's a good thing I don't live near a store, or I would be on a buying spree myself.

Reactions: Aliluvlv and Acctt
My boyfriend has several LV pieces, but it started when he got me Speedy 35 DE for our first christmas together. His mother also gifted me basically brand new LV DE wallet not long after that, to match my new bag. I was very lucky 16yo. I think the first piece I saw and liked was actually bag for dog. I still want it, havent got the dog yet tho :biggrin:

To qualify my response, I am not looking for sympathy.

What turned me on to Louis Vuitton...the short answer: cancer. I purchased a pre-loved Speedy 25 from Yoogi's and received it days before my 32nd birthday. Little did I know that a few weeks later, I would receive a cancer diagnosis.

I am stubborn by nature, so I fought hard...it took every ounce of my inner strength, my amazing support system, and modern medicine to help me overcome and be victorious. I fell in love with the brand that helped me through the roughest period of my life to date. (Not only was I physically, mentally, and emotionally drained, but my wallet was too.)

My husband and I were actually just talking about this very topic the other day, so this thread is a perfect idea!

My boyfriend has several LV pieces, but it started when he got me Speedy 35 DE for our first christmas together. His mother also gifted me basically brand new LV DE wallet not long after that, to match my new bag. I was very lucky 16yo. I think the first piece I saw and liked was actually bag for dog. I still want it, havent got the dog yet tho :biggrin:
You're so lucky! I'm obviously obsessed with the Speedy! Lol That's a first I wasn't expecting. I too, have liked the bags for dogs, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Reactions: GrRoxy
To qualify my response, I am not looking for sympathy.

What turned me on to Louis Vuitton...the short answer: cancer. I purchased a pre-loved Speedy 25 from Yoogi's and received it days before my 32nd birthday. Little did I know that a few weeks later, I would receive a cancer diagnosis.

I am stubborn by nature, so I fought hard...it took every ounce of my inner strength, my amazing support system, and modern medicine to help me overcome and be victorious. I fell in love with the brand that helped me through the roughest period of my life to date. (Not only was I physically, mentally, and emotionally drained, but my wallet was too.)

My husband and I were actually just talking about this very topic the other day, so this thread is a perfect idea!
I'm sorry that happened, glad to know you're doing much better! Which Speedy did you purchase? Which print?