Coach Market Tote-I have a question-any comments

Izzy48

IZZY
O.G.
Jul 25, 2013
I was given a beautiful Coach Market Tote for Mother's day in the almost orange color (sorry I don't know the name of the color Coach is using) with the floral leather lining.

I wonder how this holds up over time and if it can actually be used as a work tote. It seems to be very nicely made and I like it but at the same time I don't want to destroy the bag with too much weight.

Any advice?

I am also curious about this as I am thinking about buying it! Specifically how do the bottom corners of the bag hold up? They seem to be pretty sharp and I'm concerned about the wear on those :/ Thanks in advance!

I was given a beautiful Coach Market Tote for Mother's day in the almost orange color (sorry I don't know the name of the color Coach is using) with the floral leather lining.

I wonder how this holds up over time and if it can actually be used as a work tote. It seems to be very nicely made and I like it but at the same time I don't want to destroy the bag with too much weight.

Any advice?
I am also curious about this as I am thinking about buying it! Specifically how do the bottom corners of the bag hold up? They seem to be pretty sharp and I'm concerned about the wear on those :/ Thanks in advance!

I'm new to TPF so I'm just now browsing through all the posts and figured I'd share my personal review.

I've had my Market Tote for about 1.5yrs and it has been AMAZING! It's my everyday work bag, carries the world, has been through the rain, gets abused way more than it should, and it still looks pretty amazing :smile:

The shape did not hold for very long, but that was kinda expected given that it is a soft leather and not crossgrain/saffiano. I have a few pen marks, but the interior leather lining still looks brand new - as opposed to fabric lining getting dirty and showing stains. The exterior looks the same as the day I got it. The only parts that show any "wear" are the corners, but that's completely normal given how much I toss this bag around.

Overall, I'd definitely buy this bag again and again.

Attachments

• IMG_5690.JPG
    IMG_5690.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 837
  • IMG_5697.PNG
    IMG_5697.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,321
  • IMG_5698.PNG
    IMG_5698.PNG
    945.8 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_5699.PNG
    IMG_5699.PNG
    894.1 KB · Views: 858
Whenever I'm about to take one of my bags to wear and start thinking "Maybe I shouldn't wear this today, it's too nice" or "I don't want to wear it out, I'm just going to the mall" I have to stop myself. Bags are made to be worn and used, they change over time and sometimes even get scratched or tear. But the more you wear it the more it was worth getting! Unless it's a super precious red carpet clutch, just wear your bag whenever it will make you happy and don't worry about signs of wear. I'd hate for my bags to become part of some collection; for them to sit on the shelf never leaving the safety of their dustbags would be a waste.

Whenever I'm about to take one of my bags to wear and start thinking "Maybe I shouldn't wear this today, it's too nice" or "I don't want to wear it out, I'm just going to the mall" I have to stop myself. Bags are made to be worn and used, they change over time and sometimes even get scratched or tear. But the more you wear it the more it was worth getting! Unless it's a super precious red carpet clutch, just wear your bag whenever it will make you happy and don't worry about signs of wear. I'd hate for my bags to become part of some collection; for them to sit on the shelf never leaving the safety of their dustbags would be a waste.

Amen!
I wear ALL my bags, and if I find that I don't grab a bag for awhile I give it away to someone who will love it and wear it. The fantastic thing about Coach bags is how durable they are, they are made to be worn :smile:

Reactions: okdot
I'm new to TPF so I'm just now browsing through all the posts and figured I'd share my personal review.

I've had my Market Tote for about 1.5yrs and it has been AMAZING! It's my everyday work bag, carries the world, has been through the rain, gets abused way more than it should, and it still looks pretty amazing :smile:

The shape did not hold for very long, but that was kinda expected given that it is a soft leather and not crossgrain/saffiano. I have a few pen marks, but the interior leather lining still looks brand new - as opposed to fabric lining getting dirty and showing stains. The exterior looks the same as the day I got it. The only parts that show any "wear" are the corners, but that's completely normal given how much I toss this bag around.

Overall, I'd definitely buy this bag again and again.

Those pineapples though! I wonder who gave you that idea!!!

Reactions: Raech and Nelibelle

I love this! I've been struggling with this my whole handbag life! I used to hate when my bags no longer looked brand new and perfect, but that also came at the cost of never being able to truly enjoy them! Is it worth it to you to have a perfect, unused bag or a less than perfect, used and loved one? This is also the question I ask myself every time I go to carry something I'm afraid of "ruining". And at the end of the day, using a bag till it breaks means you get to buy a new one that much faster, right? :biggrin: And you know we all need another excuse to buy a new bag!

And now this post makes me want to move back into my Market Tote for awhile!

Reactions: Nelibelle
I love this! I've been struggling with this my whole handbag life! I used to hate when my bags no longer looked brand new and perfect, but that also came at the cost of never being able to truly enjoy them! Is it worth it to you to have a perfect, unused bag or a less than perfect, used and loved one? This is also the question I ask myself every time I go to carry something I'm afraid of "ruining". And at the end of the day, using a bag till it breaks means you get to buy a new one that much faster, right? :biggrin: And you know we all need another excuse to buy a new bag!

I'm glad this resonated with you! My philosophy on this has evolved out of struggling with my bags and clothes in that way for a long time. I buy a new jacket, dress, boots, bag (or whatever else) and I'm so happy with it. It's new, it's exciting and it was probably a fantastic deal. I try it on the next day again and I admire it over the coming days. Yet when I get dressed that week I think 'oh no, i shouldn't cut the tags yet...what if...maybe it should be saved' as if i'm preserving the item's innocence or something. And this thinking used to happen so much that my new stuff went unused for months. Then it feels old because it has been sitting around for so long. Psychologically, whether you use the item or not, having it and seeing it in your closet is enough for the item to age in your mind. So then I just end up wearing all the stuff that feels 'old' even though it hasn't been worn and saving my new stuff for when it doesn't feel so new? I recognized this silliness and make it a point to wear out my new purchases ASAP. I think it helps a lot to just force yourself to break an item in soon after purchasing if you know you won't be returning.

Wise decision. Someone on the Massaccessi blog (and I apologize for not remembering the name) put this totally in perspective. The poster wrote, "I wear my bags. They do not wear me." Words to live by.

Reactions: Nelibelle and okdot
I just bought the Market Tote with the Whiplash Detail in the Light Saddle/with gunmetal detail. Love that bag, so roomy and such soft leather. I think this will be my new favorite, even over my LV Delightful!! I like the inside pockets and the way it wears on your shoulder; comfortable and lightweight.

Reactions: Nelibelle
I just bought the Market Tote with the Whiplash Detail in the Light Saddle/with gunmetal detail. Love that bag, so roomy and such soft leather. I think this will be my new favorite, even over my LV Delightful!! I like the inside pockets and the way it wears on your shoulder; comfortable and lightweight.

Congratulations! The intricate details on that one are absolutely beautiful! Post pictures :smile: