Caring for Empriente leather

Jan 29, 2014
I bought my twice in empriente noir pre-loved and didn't receive the booklet that comes with purchasing from the boutique. How do you care for your empriente pieces? I'd like to keep my twice in as nice condition as possible as I've been using it everyday since purchasing and would like to use it for years to come. TIA!

I bought my twice in empriente noir pre-loved and didn't receive the booklet that comes with purchasing from the boutique. How do you care for your empriente pieces? I'd like to keep my twice in as nice condition as possible as I've been using it everyday since purchasing and would like to use it for years to come. TIA!

Empreinte doesn't really need care as such, just avoid placing it on abrasive surfaces and store in the dust-bag (not box) when not in use.

Empreinte doesn't really need care as such, just avoid placing it on abrasive surfaces and store in the dust-bag (not box) when not in use.

I don't do anything to really care for it. When I am not using it I put in the dust bag and store it.

I have the Artsy in noir and other than a gentle wipe with the dust bag before storing it, I'm not doing anything and it still smells and looks new after a year.

I have my lumi in empreinte, its 5 years old and Ive never wiped it from rain, cleaned or moisturised it and leather looks gorgeous.
Thank you all, I didn't realize empreinte was so care free!!

I tend to use my bags for a couple of months at a time. When I store my Empreinte Artsy, I first clean it with leather cream and a soft cloth. I have found this leather very durable, and not to require much!

Reactions: TangerineKandy
Agree with the above posts. Empreinte is low maintenance. It can handle rain, hand lotions, etc. I have empreinte purses and wallets. My oldest being 4 years old. I keep my items in their dustbags and they stay brand new looking. The only downside with empreinte is if you wear it crossbody the embossing will flatten out over time and the LVs will become very dull and flat. Of course, with the twice it'll only happen on the backside that no one will ever see- so no prob there for you. But that's the only downside to empreinte and that's why I don't use any empreinte pieces (like my speedys) crossbody even though they're bandoulieres. I've had one of my bags develop a white spot (looked like baby powder almost). Because it's leather the SA said it can chap just like human skin. In this case, just rub the area gently with a lightly dampened cloth and it'll come right off. I did this and it got the white residue right off. Also, store your bag in a cool location. Heat and humidity (in warmer states) can wear your bag down. I've seen a lot of complaints on TPF from people in warmer climates having their empreinte and canvas bags get flimsy from high heat. So just keep it in a closet or such away from direct sunlight from windows/glass doors. Empreinte is the best! :smile:

Edit: I'm going to add pics of my care booklet for my empreinte speedy [emoji4]. Now, you'll have the care booklet- this is every page of the booklet that's in English, the entire booklet :smile: [emoji4]View attachment 3706936View attachment 3706937View attachment 3706938View attachment 3706939View attachment 3706940View attachment 3706941

Last edited:
Agree with the above posts. Empreinte is low maintenance. It can handle rain, hand lotions, etc. I have empreinte purses and wallets. My oldest being 4 years old. I keep my items in their dustbags and they stay brand new looking. The only downside with empreinte is if you wear it crossbody the embossing will flatten out over time and the LVs will become very dull and flat. Of course, with the twice it'll only happen on the backside that no one will ever see- so no prob there for you. But that's the only downside to empreinte and that's why I don't use any empreinte pieces (like my speedys) crossbody even though they're bandoulieres. I've had one of my bags develop a white spot (looked like baby powder almost). Because it's leather the SA said it can chap just like human skin. In this case, just rub the area gently with a lightly dampened cloth and it'll come right off. I did this and it got the white residue right off. Also, store your bag in a cool location. Heat and humidity (in warmer states) can wear your bag down. I've seen a lot of complaints on TPF from people in warmer climates having their empreinte and canvas bags get flimsy from high heat. So just keep it in a closet or such away from direct sunlight from windows/glass doors. Empreinte is the best! :smile:

Edit: I'm going to add pics of my care booklet for my empreinte speedy [emoji4]. Now, you'll have the care booklet- this is every page of the booklet that's in English, the entire booklet :smile: [emoji4]View attachment 3706936View attachment 3706937View attachment 3706938View attachment 3706939View attachment 3706940View attachment 3706941
Wow!! Thank you so much for your reply and for including the booklet! I really appreciate it! [emoji16]