Vintage Levi's Jeans/Jackets

Jul 4, 2009
Any aficionados here? Re/Done and a bunch of celebs/models have brought them into fashion again.

I picked up a vintage jacket today and am a bit confused by it. It has Euro sizing and says it was Made in Italy, which has totally thrown me for a loop. Anyone heard of this? Based on the in-jacket tag, I think it was made in 1985... who knows. Would love to know background on this, if anyone has any expertise. :smile:

I'm currently obsessed with vintage Levi's. Specifically the classic 501s. I don't care if they have the big E or orange tabs or selvedge... I just want a perfect fit and wash. I have two pairs of 501s from the 80s (I think) and I love them! I love the worn in, vintage look. I'm getting a pair altered tomorrow to be a little tighter in the hip/butt area. They're super flattering and refreshing after so many spandexy skinny jeans from the past decade.

Love! Surprised more people on here aren't into them... seems like the first real denim trend to break through the skinny jean staple.

I've been tempted to buy a pair of Re/Dones, but seems like an insane amount of money for jeans that were found at a thrift store.

Yeah I think people will catch on eventually! I like skinny jeans but get sick of them and wanted something different. I'm glad straight leg jeans are back!

I saw Re/Dones at Barneys today but yes, they are super overpriced. I didn't find any in my size so I didn't get to try them on, but I feel like you can just find a pair on eBay or somewhere and then just get them tailored yourself and it'd cost way less than the $300 Re/done wants for them. I bought all mine for under $100. Plus re/done removes the brown Levi's patch and replaces it with theirs! I love the Levi's patch so that's a negative for me too.

I'm currently obsessed with vintage Levi's. Specifically the classic 501s. I don't care if they have the big E or orange tabs or selvedge... I just want a perfect fit and wash. I have two pairs of 501s from the 80s (I think) and I love them! I love the worn in, vintage look. I'm getting a pair altered tomorrow to be a little tighter in the hip/butt area. They're super flattering and refreshing after so many spandexy skinny jeans from the past decade.
you must have a good alterations person....are they taking them in from the sides? I'm always afraid these people will charge me a bunch of money and not do a great job.....I did have one that altered a leather jacket for me and did great but that was near where I used to work - about 30 miles from home

Slightly off my original topic, but I bought a pair of 505c's recently to kind of get a similar look. Really like them. Their marketing campaign got me: http://fashionista.com/2016/07/levis-505c-update-debbie-harry

Levis.com always has a lot of promo codes, so you can bank on usually getting about 30/40% off on a good day.
I have regular modern 501's (wearing some now) and they're still as good as the old ones. And while I did the shrink to fits in the 80s this is a lot less work.

I wish I looked like these Pinterest pictures though. My behind is too big but yeah I've kept a couple of old 501s from the 90s. So I bought the brand new reedition from Levi's

you must have a good alterations person....are they taking them in from the sides? I'm always afraid these people will charge me a bunch of money and not do a great job.....I did have one that altered a leather jacket for me and did great but that was near where I used to work - about 30 miles from home

I'm actually getting two pairs (faded blue and black) altered right now. The black pair were especially big all over except the waist, so they're taking those in on the legs and the butt. Same with the blue pair. They won't be ready for another two weeks, but the place I go to has been written up as knowing how to alter all types of jeans (it's called Denim Revival in LA).

I'm afraid they're going to ruin them too or they won't be what I want, but hoping that's not the case! Plus they charged $50/pair so it's not cheap and 2 weeks is kind of a long wait time.

Still, I'd rather do this than pay $300 for re/dones that aren't even tailored specifically to me.

I'm actually getting two pairs (faded blue and black) altered right now. The black pair were especially big all over except the waist, so they're taking those in on the legs and the butt. Same with the blue pair. They won't be ready for another two weeks, but the place I go to has been written up as knowing how to alter all types of jeans (it's called Denim Revival in LA).

I'm afraid they're going to ruin them too or they won't be what I want, but hoping that's not the case! Plus they charged $50/pair so it's not cheap and 2 weeks is kind of a long wait time.

Still, I'd rather do this than pay $300 for re/dones that aren't even tailored specifically to me.
for that price hopefully they know what they're doing.....GL and please let us know how they turn out

I ended up getting a pair of Redones for $38 at the Barneys Warehouse Outlet! Keep your eyes peeled for them if you have a location near you.

It is a size too big on me, but I think I can make it work.