There's Always Room for One More! Especially If It's ...

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
...Mickey Mouse!

I wasn't crazy about the FP Coach Disney Collection and I only ordered a few things but the Mickey profile hangtag was the only item I kept.

So when I signed on to the recent Factory Online Sale featuring the Outlet Disney collection I wasn't expecting to find much of interest - but one item quickly grabbed my attention because I knew that it would be a perfect addition to my collection. So I ordered immediately which was good because it sold out rather quickly. I also added another item to my order but I am unsure about that one and may return it. Want to see what I got?

Last edited:
I got the GRAND MICKEY LEATHER STRAP WATCH W6232 BLK for $149 and I love it! The size is listed as MEN but it is similar to a boyfriend watch and I didn't find it too big. The strap is adjustable and it fits quite comfortably.

Here are some of pictures of my new watch along with the Coach drill-down image. The image of Mickey on the face of the watch is raised and slightly 3 dimensional - instead of just a flat photo. It looks sharp IMO.

I will show modeling and collection pictures in other posts. As well as photos of the FP delete jewelry item I purchased on the FOS

Attachments

• Reveal_003.jpg
    Reveal_003.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 599
  • MickeyBox_002.jpg
    MickeyBox_002.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 596
  • MickeyAlone_001.jpg
    MickeyAlone_001.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 600
  • MickeyBack_002.jpg
    MickeyBack_002.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 630
  • w6232_blk_a0.jpg
    w6232_blk_a0.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:
And here are some photos of my insanely large Coach watch collection! I now have 10 Coach watches so I really didn't need to buy this one, but I really liked it!

As you can see I prefer all metal watches but I am okay with Mickey's leather strap. I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on a novelty watch - so at the price - I love Mickey just the way he is! And I think that he fits into my collection very well!

I will post pics of the other item I ordered in the next message.

Attachments

• WatchCollection10_002.jpg
    WatchCollection10_002.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 630
  • WatchCollection10_003.jpg
    WatchCollection10_003.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 608
Last edited:
I also got the DAY DREAMER MIXED CHARM NECKLACE 90970 SV GD for $67.50 (MSRP = $225).

I was surprised by how much I like the Mixed Objects fob that I recently found at Nordstrom Rack for a very discounted price - even though I've never liked the idea of wearing a skull as an accessory!

So when I saw this Day Dreamer necklace at a great price (and no skull!) I decided to give it a try. But I am not sure that I will keep it. It looks great on the Coach model but I think it just looks like a bunch of junk around my neck! It's also kind of heavy. I will try it with a few different outfits before deciding.

Here are a few pics, what do you think about this necklace?

Attachments

• DayDreamer_002.jpg
    DayDreamer_002.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 606
  • DayDreamer_003.jpg
    DayDreamer_003.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 620
  • DayDreamer_004.jpg
    DayDreamer_004.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 581
  • 90970_svgd_a0.jpg
    90970_svgd_a0.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 630
  • 90970_a1.jpg
    90970_a1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 600
I love your new watch! Congratulations. I was tempted but I think it would be too big for my skinny wrists.

On the last FOS sale, I bought the daydreamer charm bracelet. It was under $60. I think it was a good value as it has lots of really cute charms, and no skull, plus I like the mixed metals which makes it go with more things, even though I don't wear my charm bracelets as much as my other bracelets. I like it much better than the Found objects bracelet that is on this sale and is more expensive. When I bought it, in the back of my mind was the idea that I could always remove the charms and use them separately for other things.

As to the necklace, I don't know how I feel about all those charms squished up together and I'm not crazy about the ball chain. However, if the charms are removable, I think it might be kind of neat to customize it, and wear it with just one charm, or a different combination of charms depending on my mood. Each of the charms is really cute. Have you tried it on? I don't usually wear longer necklaces.

Reactions: katev
I had the Mickey watch in my shopping cart and did not pull the trigger. Then, poof! Sold out. Hoping it shows up again.

I bought that necklace for my daughter. She wears the charms separately on shorter neck chains. One at a time you can really see them.

I also got the DAY DREAMER MIXED CHARM NECKLACE 90970 SV GD for $67.50 (MSRP = $225).

I was surprised by how much I like the Mixed Objects fob that I recently found at Nordstrom Rack for a very discounted price - even though I've never liked the idea of wearing a skull as an accessory!

So when I saw this Day Dreamer necklace at a great price (and no skull!) I decided to give it a try. But I am not sure that I will keep it. It looks great on the Coach model but I think it just looks like a bunch of junk around my neck! It's also kind of heavy. I will try it with a few different outfits before deciding.

Here are a few pics, what do you think about this necklace?

I love your new watch! Congratulations. I was tempted but I think it would be too big for my skinny wrists.

On the last FOS sale, I bought the daydreamer charm bracelet. It was under $60. I think it was a good value as it has lots of really cute charms, and no skull, plus I like the mixed metals which makes it go with more things, even though I don't wear my charm bracelets as much as my other bracelets. I like it much better than the Found objects bracelet that is on this sale and is more expensive. When I bought it, in the back of my mind was the idea that I could always remove the charms and use them separately for other things.

As to the necklace, I don't know how I feel about all those charms squished up together and I'm not crazy about the ball chain. However, if the charms are removable, I think it might be kind of neat to customize it, and wear it with just one charm, or a different combination of charms depending on my mood. Each of the charms is really cute. Have you tried it on? I don't usually wear longer necklaces.

Great minds think alike!

I bought the same charm bracelet Whateve bought, and took all the charms off so I can wear them on my own sterling chains. I really just wanted a Rexy charm but apparently Coach didn't make them as a stand-alone charm in silvertone, so the one from the charm bracelet will have to do. The Rexy charm from the bracelet is a little over 1 3/4 inches with the bail so it has plenty of "presence" by itself.

I also think the charms on the long necklace would look a lot better worn separately. And if the long necklace had been available at the same time and for almost the same price as the bracelet, I probably would have bought the necklace instead.

90973_DAY DREAMER CHARM BRACELET-mff-march2017.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: K.E.W. and katev
Congrats! Twins on the Mickey watch :smile:. It was $179 here but WELL worth it for me!

I love your new watch! Congratulations. I was tempted but I think it would be too big for my skinny wrists...

I had the Mickey watch in my shopping cart and did not pull the trigger. Then, poof! Sold out. Hoping it shows up again...

Great minds think alike!...

Thanks! I really wanted a Mickey Mouse watch when I was a kid but never got one, so when I saw an affordable Coach Mickey Mouse Watch I just had to have it! Especially since I love Coach watches. And who wouldn't love a Mickey Mouse watch?!

The main reason I haven't been very tempted by the Coach Disney items - even though they are really cute and well made and I love Disney - is because I view them as novelty items that I would rarely wear, probably only during a rare trip to Disneyworld. I would rather spend the money on a bag that I will use more frequently. But a Mickey watch is different - at least to me - and I will wear him frequently both at work and at play.

But I'm curious, would this watch be considered MFF because it was sold for the outlet Disney collection? Did the FP Disney Collection include any watches? I don't remember.

It doesn't really matter because I love it, but I'm curious because I didn't think that Coach offered MFF watches. They have offered Coach watches in a wide range of materials and prices but I thought that they all started in the boutiques or on Coach.com and were eventually discounted in the outlets and on FOS and at the Movado outlets. Or have I got that wrong?

The style number begins with a W just like my FP Coach watches and you don't need to use an F to pull up the drill-down pic as with most MFF items - but maybe watches are different? There definitely isn't a Dot or a Bulls-eye mark anywhere on it - like on many MFF items - but again, maybe watches are different?

Just wondering!

Last edited:
I also got the DAY DREAMER MIXED CHARM NECKLACE 90970 SV GD for $67.50 (MSRP = $225)...

...On the last FOS sale, I bought the daydreamer charm bracelet. It was under $60. I think it was a good value as it has lots of really cute charms, and no skull, plus I like the mixed metals which makes it go with more things, even though I don't wear my charm bracelets as much as my other bracelets. I like it much better than the Found objects bracelet that is on this sale and is more expensive. When I bought it, in the back of my mind was the idea that I could always remove the charms and use them separately for other things. As to the necklace, I don't know how I feel about all those charms squished up together and I'm not crazy about the ball chain. However, if the charms are removable, I think it might be kind of neat to customize it, and wear it with just one charm, or a different combination of charms depending on my mood. Each of the charms is really cute. Have you tried it on? I don't usually wear longer necklaces.

...I bought that necklace for my daughter. She wears the charms separately on shorter neck chains. One at a time you can really see them.

Great minds think alike! I bought the same charm bracelet Whateve bought, and took all the charms off so I can wear them on my own sterling chains. I really just wanted a Rexy charm but apparently Coach didn't make them as a stand-alone charm in silvertone, so the one from the charm bracelet will have to do. The Rexy charm from the bracelet is a little over 1 3/4 inches with the bail so it has plenty of "presence" by itself. I also think the charms on the long necklace would look a lot better worn separately. And if the long necklace had been available at the same time and for almost the same price as the bracelet, I probably would have bought the necklace instead.

Thanks! I like a long necklace with a plain shirt or blouse - but it can't be so long that it hangs around my belly when I sit down! And I don't mind the ball chain either. It is finely made with an intricate screw clasp and the balls are tiny and close set, not like the ball chains used for hangtags. I think that the chain goes well with the slightly edgy appearance of this necklace.

But I am a lot more chesty than the Coach model and it just doesn't hang as well on me. And it really is heavy to wear - and this comes from a woman that wears her robot charms as pendants - but I still think this necklace is heavy!

I've thought about wearing the charms separately. I really like the feather charm, it's 2 3/4 inches long and trimmed with tiny crystals (or marcasite stones) around the top and I think it would look good by itself as either a long or shorter necklace.

There's no way to slip the charms off of the chain, they won't go over the clasp on either side. If I were to remove them then I would remove the chain from the clasp on one side and slip them off.

It occurred to me that I could take the skull off my found objects fob - that I don't care for - and replace it with the gold lightening bolt from this necklace - see the pic below.

But it seems like I am trying too hard to make this work for me - yet there seems to be a lot of that going on with these found objects and daydreamer charms! Maybe that is why they are so popular - you can re-make them to fit your tastes!

I have a lot of jewelry so I am going to think about it for awhile before deciding - but thanks for the insights - they are greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 65203_sve1l_a0.jpg
    65203_sve1l_a0.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 424
Reactions: Winterfell5
Thanks! I really wanted a Mickey Mouse watch when I was a kid but never got one, so when I saw an affordable Coach Mickey Mouse Watch I just had to have it! Especially since I love Coach watches. And who wouldn't love a Mickey Mouse watch?!

The main reason I haven't been very tempted by the Coach Disney items - even though they are really cute and well made and I love Disney - is because I view them as novelty items that I would rarely wear, probably only during a rare trip to Disneyworld. I would rather spend the money on a bag that I will use more frequently. But a Mickey watch is different - at least to me - and I will wear him frequently both at work and at play.

But I'm curious, would this watch be considered MFF because it was sold for the outlet Disney collection? Did the FP Disney Collection include any watches? I don't remember.

It doesn't really matter because I love it, but I'm curious because I didn't think that Coach offered MFF watches. They have offered Coach watches in a wide range of materials and prices but I thought that they all started in the boutiques or on Coach.com and were eventually discounted in the outlets and on FOS and at the Movado outlets. Or have I got that wrong?

The style number begins with a W just like my FP Coach watches and you don't need to use an F to pull up the drill-down pic as with most MFF items - but maybe watches are different? There definitely isn't a Dot or a Bulls-eye mark anywhere on it - like on many MFF items - but again, maybe watches are different?

Just wondering!
I had Mickey Mouse watches since I was a kid, so I had to add this one! Coach has always had watches just for the outlet; the more recent one I can recall right now is the PacMan one. It doesn't matter to me at all whether it is MFF or FP, if I like it, I like it :smile:

I had Mickey Mouse watches since I was a kid, so I had to add this one! Coach has always had watches just for the outlet; the more recent one I can recall right now is the PacMan one. It doesn't matter to me at all whether it is MFF or FP, if I like it, I like it :smile:

Good to know, thanks!

I have been wearing my new Mickey Mouse watch for days, I really hate to take it off and am so glad that I bought it!

But it has occurred to me that I sounded a little huffy when I said that I hadn't been attracted to the FP Disney line because I would rather spend money on a bag that I can wear often, instead of a novelty item that I would wear rarely.

I didn't mean to sound judgmental, I have no problem spending money on frivolous, impractical items! Just let me tell you about my evening bag collection, and beach bags, and fobs, and watches - and the list goes on and on! But the Disney items just didn't grab me that way - until I saw that watch, and remembered how much I love Mickey! :biggrin: