help me decide on christine bag

ashleyjahn

Feb 11, 2016
I have recently learned about Hermes Christine.
They are gorgeous with classic look on them.
I have decided to get one for myself, but I cannot choose the "right" color and leather.
I am deciding between gold (light brown) and brown in color.
I have no idea on the leather..
Which color and leather is considered to be "the classic" for Christines?
Thanks.

I have decided to get one for myself, but I cannot choose the "right" color and leather.
Thanks.
Hi I have Christine in Graphite, Fjord leather. I love it. It was passed on from my mother, so it must be very very old :smile:)

Reactions: lulilu
Thanks.

I'm not sure about its classic look but if you are choosing between gold and brown, personally think gold goes well with the design, and in a softer leather (not epsom/courchevel)

I had a very beautiful Christine in barenia and toile, but released it once I bought my barenia Halzan. It was wondefdul while i had it. Lightweight easy to use too. The shorter shpulder strap was quite comfortable. A great price too. HTH!

View attachment 3704231
View attachment 3704232

Pretty... Btw, were you able to crossbody it? And was the toile easy to maintain?

Thanks.

Lots of great advice on here already but I just wanted to say how much I love the look of the Christine (although I've never owned one). Perhaps think of looking through types of leathers (as they come up for sale) and see which fits into your life rather than what's classic or not. The Barenia and toile has classic Summer looks TDF, but many people fear using such a combo (esp true if it'll be your only H - for a while) whereas a darker Fjord will not only look a little more rugged, it'll be hardy in all manner of ways, year-round and in all weathers. The selection of which leather on a vintage bag is every bit as important as new, maybe more so. You'll become the next custodian of something quite rare whatever the leather and colour, it's important you love it and only you know which one will match your life.