Can this be repaired? Snapped/broken stitch on quilt

yinnie

O.G.
Apr 19, 2008
Just received this bag as a gift from hubby. It was purchased from a consignment website. Upon close inspection there is a snapped/broken stitch on the front flap corner. Is this repairable?
I am based in Australia - where can I take it to get repaired? (Chanel doesn't take bags over 5 years is that right?)
This was also not disclosed by the consignment website listing. What is my recourse with this loose stitch? I don't want to return the bag because I do love it and there isn't another. I'm guessing I should ask for a discount or pay for cost of repairs? I know I don't want store credit coz that forces me to buy something else unnecessary.
Please help!
Thanks

IMG_1495103120.991664.jpgIMG_1495103147.059487.jpg
IMG_1495103165.506815.jpg

I'm sure Chanel/leather surgeons can fix that stitch. If you really want to keep the bag, reach out to the shop and see if they'll give you something for the repair. It can't hurt. Good luck!

Just received this bag as a gift from hubby. It was purchased from a consignment website. Upon close inspection there is a snapped/broken stitch on the front flap corner. Is this repairable?
I am based in Australia - where can I take it to get repaired? (Chanel doesn't take bags over 5 years is that right?)
This was also not disclosed by the consignment website listing. What is my recourse with this loose stitch? I don't want to return the bag because I do love it and there isn't another. I'm guessing I should ask for a discount or pay for cost of repairs? I know I don't want store credit coz that forces me to buy something else unnecessary.
Please help!
Thanks

View attachment 3702210View attachment 3702211
View attachment 3702213

I don't believe the chanel boutique doesn't repair bags that are more than 5 years old. I suggest you bring the bag into the boutique in Australia with the authenticity card and get it fixed. It'll cost money but at least you get a bag that's pristine!

I'm sure Chanel/leather surgeons can fix that stitch. If you really want to keep the bag, reach out to the shop and see if they'll give you something for the repair. It can't hurt. Good luck!

I don't believe the chanel boutique doesn't repair bags that are more than 5 years old. I suggest you bring the bag into the boutique in Australia with the authenticity card and get it fixed. It'll cost money but at least you get a bag that's pristine!

Thank you I'll take it into chanel as first point and see what they can do! I thought they didn't do repairs so didn't think that was an option.