HELP - Silver Carviar M/L CF or Black Lambie Jumbo CF?

Silver Carviar M/L CF or Black Lambie Jumbo CF?

• Silver Carviar M/L CF

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Black Lambie Jumbo CF

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

potatoes

O.G.
Aug 25, 2009
Dear TPFs,
I had recently purchased a pure CF in turquoise and is planning to return it as the flap seems to be slanting towards one side, probably due to the soft calf leather and suede lining though I really like the feel of the leather and the less shining GHW. So, I have an option of either exchanging with a silver carviar m/l RHW Classic Flap or a Black Lambie Jumbo Classic Flap GHW. There is also another option of Jumbo in Beige Carviar GHW but am wary of the colour transfer and I do already own a beige seasonal flap, so I figured maybe I should pass the beige jumbo. I am 5ft 2, 95lbs with 2 small kids (they will grow up anyway and the bag am buying, will be using for long term).

Here's what I already have in my Chanel library:
  1. Boy wallet, lambie in black, RHW
  2. Reissue WOC, black, aged calf leather, GHW
  3. Reissue 227, black, aged calf leather, GHW
  4. Beige Seasonal Flap, m/l, soft calf, matte GHW
  5. Boy new med, black, lambie RHW
  6. Boy large, denim, RHW
  7. Coco Handle, Medium, black in RHW
  8. Small single flap CF, black lambie, SHW

The first time I saw the silver m/l CF, it did't wow me as i felt it was a bit futuristic and I have quite a bit of RHW bags. Plus, after putting my boy wallet and mobile in, the bag is just marginal for closure. But after viewing quite a number of TPFs posting their lovely mod pics with their silver CFs, I started to like it and wonder if it is a good choice for myself too?

The Jumbo CF, the reason it didn't give me a hard push is due to it's lambie and it is in black (I have quite a number of black Chanels) and not sure if jumbo will be too big for me (how I wish there is a size in between m/l and jumbo:lol:). But again, being a classic, black couldn't go wrong and with the impending price increase, maybe it's worth taking a jumbo? Am indecisive! Having said that, I love my boy wallet which is a black lambie and I never baby it, using it everyday for the past 4yrs+, the edges are all scratched but it's black, and being boy, it has a "tougher" look. So am not completely against lambie and I do think that lambie has a luxe look but just not as tough and sturdy as carviar.

Both silver and black, I suppose are quite easy to match outfits. I know there will be advices to take the silver for a change, but am not sure if it will be too seasonal. I don't foresee I will sell my Chanels. I do have other brands' bags in other colours, but I thought perhaps I should just compare with solely my Chanel collections. Sorry for a long post but am really in dilemma. Been reading and viewing a lot from TPF but I still couldn't decide! Would love to hear from all fellow members and thank you very much in advance for all your precious advices!

Attachments

• IMG_8001[1].jpg
    IMG_8001[1].jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_8030[1].jpg
    IMG_8030[1].jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 461
Reactions: Acctt and auntynat
These are both really beautiful options and I don't think you can go wrong with either. FWIW, I don't think the Jumbo looks to large on you. I am 5'3" and 112lbs and carry a Jumbo in lamb (I chose lamb over caviar due to the weight difference...the Jumbo in lamb feels much lighter than in caviar). I also have several M/L classic flaps. I use my M/L size classic flaps a lot more than my Jumbo simply because I normally do not carry very much. I also find that the M/L classic flap size is more versatile and dresses up or down more easily than the Jumbo, which is more of a daytime/casual vibe due to its size. But I love my Jumbo and don't see myself ever parting with it. Since you already have a 227 Reissue 227 in black, the silver M/L might be a better choice for you...especially if you can downsize to a smaller wallet or card holder. GLD!

Reactions: potatoes
Dear TPFs,
I had recently purchased a pure CF in turquoise and is planning to return it as the flap seems to be slanting towards one side, probably due to the soft calf leather and suede lining though I really like the feel of the leather and the less shining GHW. So, I have an option of either exchanging with a silver carviar m/l RHW Classic Flap or a Black Lambie Jumbo Classic Flap GHW. There is also another option of Jumbo in Beige Carviar GHW but am wary of the colour transfer and I do already own a beige seasonal flap, so I figured maybe I should pass the beige jumbo. I am 5ft 2, 95lbs with 2 small kids (they will grow up anyway and the bag am buying, will be using for long term).

Here's what I already have in my Chanel library:
  1. Boy wallet, lambie in black, RHW
  2. Reissue WOC, black, aged calf leather, GHW
  3. Reissue 227, black, aged calf leather, GHW
  4. Beige Seasonal Flap, m/l, soft calf, matte GHW
  5. Boy new med, black, lambie RHW
  6. Boy large, denim, RHW
  7. Coco Handle, Medium, black in RHW
  8. Small single flap CF, black lambie, SHW

The first time I saw the silver m/l CF, it did't wow me as i felt it was a bit futuristic and I have quite a bit of RHW bags. Plus, after putting my boy wallet and mobile in, the bag is just marginal for closure. But after viewing quite a number of TPFs posting their lovely mod pics with their silver CFs, I started to like it and wonder if it is a good choice for myself too?

The Jumbo CF, the reason it didn't give me a hard push is due to it's lambie and it is in black (I have quite a number of black Chanels) and not sure if jumbo will be too big for me (how I wish there is a size in between m/l and jumbo:lol:). But again, being a classic, black couldn't go wrong and with the impending price increase, maybe it's worth taking a jumbo? Am indecisive! Having said that, I love my boy wallet which is a black lambie and I never baby it, using it everyday for the past 4yrs+, the edges are all scratched but it's black, and being boy, it has a "tougher" look. So am not completely against lambie and I do think that lambie has a luxe look but just not as tough and sturdy as carviar.

Both silver and black, I suppose are quite easy to match outfits. I know there will be advices to take the silver for a change, but am not sure if it will be too seasonal. I don't foresee I will sell my Chanels. I do have other brands' bags in other colours, but I thought perhaps I should just compare with solely my Chanel collections. Sorry for a long post but am really in dilemma. Been reading and viewing a lot from TPF but I still couldn't decide! Would love to hear from all fellow members and thank you very much in advance for all your precious advices!

First off, you look amazing With the silver flap on! I'm sorry the turquoise 'Bare' flap didn't work out for you... :shucks: Imperfections sometimes made us rethink our original bag choice. From your current collection, you have a few pieces in black. I don't think we can ever have too many blacks in our Chanel collection. Having said that, I think the silver caviar flap this season is superb!!!! Iknow I'm biased since I just got the same one. However, I have to tell you I don't know how many times I've been to the boutique and every single time, I was drawn to the silver in whatever sizes in the store. The silver metallic in different lights sometimes surprised me. I'm glad I held out on the purple metallic for this shade of silver....
At the end of the day, I know you'll know which one makes your heart flutter. Good luck deciding!

The silver looks great on you. I would vote for silver :smile:. If you don't mind me asking may I know what watch you are wearing... only asking bcos I love the way it looks on your hand. :biggrin:

Silver!! You already have quite a few black bags and the silver is really special. I have the silver in mini and a black lambskin jumbo and beige clair jumbo. Also have two young kids. I hardly ever carry the jumbos anymore and I'm looking to buy my first m/l.

Reactions: potatoes
These are both really beautiful options and I don't think you can go wrong with either. FWIW, I don't think the Jumbo looks to large on you. I am 5'3" and 112lbs and carry a Jumbo in lamb (I chose lamb over caviar due to the weight difference...the Jumbo in lamb feels much lighter than in caviar). I also have several M/L classic flaps. I use my M/L size classic flaps a lot more than my Jumbo simply because I normally do not carry very much. I also find that the M/L classic flap size is more versatile and dresses up or down more easily than the Jumbo, which is more of a daytime/casual vibe due to its size. But I love my Jumbo and don't see myself ever parting with it. Since you already have a 227 Reissue 227 in black, the silver M/L might be a better choice for you...especially if you can downsize to a smaller wallet or card holder. GLD!

Thanks for your advice, FunBagz. I know right, can't go wrong but it's just that the amount of money we paying ain't small, so I just don't wanna regret again later on. Am the kind of lazy bug who doesn't quite like to change my wallet into smaller size to suit a smaller purse:amuse: coz I would always thought "what if" I need this card or that card or whatsover when am out but it's in the other wallet!:annoyed::biggrin: And also, with the coming price increase, I just need to top up roughly $540 for a jumbo instead of $1110 after the increase. :angel:I know, now the "*****y" calculators came into the picture...

First off, you look amazing With the silver flap on! I'm sorry the turquoise 'Bare' flap didn't work out for you... :shucks: Imperfections sometimes made us rethink our original bag choice. From your current collection, you have a few pieces in black. I don't think we can ever have too many blacks in our Chanel collection. Having said that, I think the silver caviar flap this season is superb!!!! Iknow I'm biased since I just got the same one. However, I have to tell you I don't know how many times I've been to the boutique and every single time, I was drawn to the silver in whatever sizes in the store. The silver metallic in different lights sometimes surprised me. I'm glad I held out on the purple metallic for this shade of silver....
At the end of the day, I know you'll know which one makes your heart flutter. Good luck deciding!

Bagventures!! You were one of the TPFs that I saw who bought the silver and yes you were one of them who made me started to like this colour!:P How I wish there is a Silver Carviar in Jumbo now! Yea, was really sad when I found out the pure had flaw on it, though one would not notice if not taking a real good look at it, but hey, forking out this amount of $$$, the hope is to get a perfect one!

The silver looks great on you. I would vote for silver :smile:. If you don't mind me asking may I know what watch you are wearing... only asking bcos I love the way it looks on your hand. :biggrin:

Hi aime7, thanks for liking my watches! Not sure which picture you were referring to, but the one when I was wearing the silver CF is my Daniel Wellington and the one with black jumbo is Tissot! :biggrin: They are both inexpensive watches but simple and classy designs to me. I love matching things up not necessary with all high end stuffs, seriously can't afford to have everything branded top to toe:smile:

Silver!! You already have quite a few black bags and the silver is really special. I have the silver in mini and a black lambskin jumbo and beige clair jumbo. Also have two young kids. I hardly ever carry the jumbos anymore and I'm looking to buy my first m/l.

Miss CC, I fully understand having 2 young kids, we just want to keep things simple and carrying something light and easy to go with. Honestly, when my kids are around, I only carry a big diaper bag out throwing my wallet in:yucky:! It has been a long time I didn't carry my bags! Hubby was saying I just need diaper bags, not handbags:annoyed:. How's your beige Clair Jumbo going? How long have you been using and is the colour transfer/keeping it away from getting dirty difficult?

Thanks for your advice, FunBagz. I know right, can't go wrong but it's just that the amount of money we paying ain't small, so I just don't wanna regret again later on. Am the kind of lazy bug who doesn't quite like to change my wallet into smaller size to suit a smaller purse:amuse: coz I would always thought "what if" I need this card or that card or whatsover when am out but it's in the other wallet!:annoyed::biggrin: And also, with the coming price increase, I just need to top up roughly $540 for a jumbo instead of $1110 after the increase. :angel:I know, now the "*****y" calculators came into the picture...

Bagventures!! You were one of the TPFs that I saw who bought the silver and yes you were one of them who made me started to like this colour!:P How I wish there is a Silver Carviar in Jumbo now! Yea, was really sad when I found out the pure had flaw on it, though one would not notice if not taking a real good look at it, but hey, forking out this amount of $$$, the hope is to get a perfect one!

Hi aime7, thanks for liking my watches! Not sure which picture you were referring to, but the one when I was wearing the silver CF is my Daniel Wellington and the one with black jumbo is Tissot! :biggrin: They are both inexpensive watches but simple and classy designs to me. I love matching things up not necessary with all high end stuffs, seriously can't afford to have everything branded top to toe:smile:

Miss CC, I fully understand having 2 young kids, we just want to keep things simple and carrying something light and easy to go with. Honestly, when my kids are around, I only carry a big diaper bag out throwing my wallet in:yucky:! It has been a long time I didn't carry my bags! Hubby was saying I just need diaper bags, not handbags:annoyed:. How's your beige Clair Jumbo going? How long have you been using and is the colour transfer/keeping it away from getting dirty difficult?

Luckily I don't need to carry a diaper bag because DH carries a backpack lol. Or we'll usually keep the backpack in the stroller. That's why crossbody bags are a must for me now. They're so much easier to use with young kids. I've had my beige Clair jumbo since 10/2015. I haven't had any issues with color transfer or dirt but I also don't use it much anymore. Which flap are you leaning towards?

Luckily I don't need to carry a diaper bag because DH carries a backpack lol. Or we'll usually keep the backpack in the stroller. That's why crossbody bags are a must for me now. They're so much easier to use with young kids. I've had my beige Clair jumbo since 10/2015. I haven't had any issues with color transfer or dirt but I also don't use it much anymore. Which flap are you leaning towards?

By the way the silver does come in jumbo.

:frown:am still indecisive...Yup, I know the silver comes in jumbo but not in my local boutique. So the only options I have is in m/l. Even for jumbo there's only black lambie and beige carviar.