New Style?

muchstuff

Incorrigible Bagaholic
Authenticator
Jun 6, 2014
I was at Holt Renfrew Vancouver today. Top pic shows a Papier in a new to me colour combo. Second pic shows a rather ugly IMHO mesh bag, came in a smaller size as well, why anyone would pay over $2000 CDN for that I don't know. The third pic shows a style I've never seen. Has anyone seen this bag? The small is quite cute, magnetic closure, shoulder strap. The larger one has a shoulder strap as well, should have measured them, sorry, I didn't think of it.unnamed (5).jpg unnamed (8).jpg unnamed (1).jpg

I was at Holt Renfrew Vancouver today. Top pic shows a Papier in a new to me colour combo. Second pic shows a rather ugly IMHO mesh bag, came in a smaller size as well, why anyone would pay over $2000 CDN for that I don't know. The third pic shows a style I've never seen. Has anyone seen this bag? The small is quite cute, magnetic closure, shoulder strap. The larger one has a shoulder strap as well, should have measured them, sorry, I didn't think of it.View attachment 3701833 View attachment 3701834 View attachment 3701835
I like the cute minies, but again, nothing is new in Demna's designs....

Attachments

• mig.jpg
    mig.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 290
  • picnic-bag-in-tan-leather.jpeg
    picnic-bag-in-tan-leather.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 257
BAHAHAHAHA..that was exactly what I thought when I saw it! Although the leather felt nice :giggle:. Lunch bag.
Actually, they are all leather...
If i remember correctly, Celine did this some time ago, as well as dozens of other less known leather artisans :smile:
P.S. yes, Jil Sanders made them in 2012, and Celine followed in 2013

Actually, they are all leather...
If i remember correctly, Celine did this some time ago, as well as dozens of other less known leather artisans :smile:
P.S. yes, Jil Sanders made them in 2012, and Celine followed in 2013
I keep forgetting I'm older than a whole lot of you...this looks like the paper lunch bag we took to school as kids, right down to the way the top is folded. That's what I was referencing.

I was at Holt Renfrew Vancouver today. Top pic shows a Papier in a new to me colour combo. Second pic shows a rather ugly IMHO mesh bag, came in a smaller size as well, why anyone would pay over $2000 CDN for that I don't know. The third pic shows a style I've never seen. Has anyone seen this bag? The small is quite cute, magnetic closure, shoulder strap. The larger one has a shoulder strap as well, should have measured them, sorry, I didn't think of it.View attachment 3701833 View attachment 3701834 View attachment 3701835
Thanks for posting dearest muchstuff.....sadly, me no likey the direction Bal has been taking:annoyed:

The Brown paper bag one is hideous IMO. It should never have come out in that color. Not cute, inspiring, or trendy- just plain ugly. But I guess if paper bags aren't common where some are, or they didn't grow up with the bag lunch, then it won't "offend" them.
Not sure why, but I'm having a visceral reaction to it.

I really appreciate when you and other TPF:ers document the Gvasalia mesh folly new Bals for us all to see, muchstuff :flowers:

And :yes: to what ksuromax said. Nothing new...

I'm still on the fence about the smaller Bazar bags. But I doubt they'll give me the perhaps imagined but who cares?! :coolio: sense of effortless chic my gorgeous black City gave me wearing it today :heart:

The Brown paper bag one is hideous IMO. It should never have come out in that color. Not cute, inspiring, or trendy- just plain ugly. But I guess if paper bags aren't common where some are, or they didn't grow up with the bag lunch, then it won't "offend" them.
Not sure why, but I'm having a visceral reaction to it.
It's actually OK IRL, at least I thought so... not OK enough for me to buy though.

Reactions: BPC
I just spoke with a good
It's actually OK IRL, at least I thought so... not OK enough for me to buy though.

Yeah, I'm sure it's just me. But for whatever reason, I don't find the idea of creating a luxury, leather brown paper bag funny or cute. It just strikes a bad cord with me. Probably because of where I'm from, and what paper bagging it meant.

But to echo SomethingGoodCanwork- thanks for posting all the pics, muchstuff and Ksuromax, definitely appreciated.

Reactions: ksuromax
Thank you for sharing!

Gvasalia drives me crazy. I can't look at Balenciaga or think about it or I'll get worked up. I'm about to get very opinionated because I have to rant, so please excuse me. I don't mean to offend; I just have to let off steam after reading the PB's post lol

"All these 'anti-' kind of things, and the idea of 'challenging.' I don’t really care about challenging the industry. I just want to make something that people want to have. That’s all."

"There are no political statements or any kind of statements behind what we do."

These are comments from Gvasalia. His work at Balenciaga could have been an artistic statement on consumerism and the division between the economic classes, except he said himself he doesn't care about what the pieces mean. The whole thing is so…hypocritical. Anyone who spends thousands of dollars on these bags looks like a fool to me. There is no political statement being made, just a group of hype-driven sheep who think wearing the same thing that the poor use for storage is "edgy" and "fashionable."

Reactions: maroon72 and BPC