Alexa Chung dropped as face of Longchamp

May 23, 2006
I suspected this might be happening, especially with her launching her own brand soon.

From the Evening Standard (London), full article here: http://www.standard.co.uk/fashion/n...after-she-endorses-other-brands-a3540446.html

Alexa Chung will be dropped as ambassador for designer handbag label Longchamp due to her association with “countless brands”. .... A senior source at Longchamp told the Standard: “Up and down the high street you can see that Alexa has lent her name to countless brands.” They added: “We’ve swapped. We’re going back to a real model. Authenticity is key and we think it adds more. Having a model seemed to make more sense.” It is understood that Chung, who has two more seasons to promote under the terms of her contract, will part company with Longchamp in the autumn.

Double lol-ing here, Cosmo!! I've lived in London for the last 20 years, and she has been ANNOYING from start to finish. She started as a tv presenter before anything else, and sweet baby Jesus, PLEASE help us all - she is SO ANNOYING, and so contrived. Rubs me up *every* possible which way of wrong,... and I'm the most easy going, live-and-let-live type person that I've ever met. ;)

Double lol-ing here, Cosmo!! I've lived in London for the last 20 years, and she has been ANNOYING from start to finish. She started as a tv presenter before anything else, and sweet baby Jesus, PLEASE help us all - she is SO ANNOYING, and so contrived. Rubs me up *every* possible which way of wrong,... and I'm the most easy going, live-and-let-live type person that I've ever met. ;)

I understand what you're saying. She's overexposed and even admits she's a huge narcissist. Longchamp needs a fresh face IMO. I'm eager to see who they get.

Just as long as it's not a Kardashian !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, I'm not worried, LC is too sensible for that...

My stomach dropped at the thought of a Kardashian as the face of Longchamp. Oh, gawd. No.

I had the same reaction. Please don't let it be a Kardashian :panic: But then again, LC isn't exactly flashy enough for that clan lol and thank goodness for that! :yes: