Buyer sends offer on non-specific item

Couturexec

Jun 27, 2016
I've had this happen twice now. I get a message with an offer from a potential buyer, but there is not a specific item attached to the message. I could be agreeing to a price on any one of my listings. I reply back asking what item are you interested in? No response either time? Is this a scam or maybe just operator error on the buyers part? Anyone heard of this? TIA.

I've had this happen twice now. I get a message with an offer from a potential buyer, but there is not a specific item attached to the message. I could be agreeing to a price on any one of my listings. I reply back asking what item are you interested in? No response either time? Is this a scam or maybe just operator error on the buyers part? Anyone heard of this? TIA.
I've done that to sellers by mistake.

if the buyer is asking about a completed listing, although their question comes directly from the listing, when an ended listing, there's no reference to the item/listing from which the question came.

Hmmm. That makes sense, but I don't have any ended listings. I guess what I find very odd is the lack of response from the person after I respond very quickly. I guess they changed their mind? It's weird. I'd at least say, oh sorry. I'm no longer interested or disregard.
I guess that's the Internet for ya.