Opinions needed - Too old for this?

Konicek007

LoVe & Mulberry
O.G.
Apr 2, 2012
image.png Ladies, I need your opinions plsease.
I am 43 yrs old and I love this Mango jacket. The truth is I think I can not pull it off, I fhink i am to old for it.
I normally live in skinny jeans and some jacket or just A&F hoodie..
I alreadyimage.png bough this jacket 3x and always returned even my friend said its a proper circus jacket and looks absolutely terrible.( she did not see it personaly) Now I bough it for the fourth time.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    813.8 KB · Views: 550
If you want that jacket, and if you know with which existing in you wardrobe clothing you are going to wear it (I think it is better to make sure that that jacked can be combined with at least of a few other items in you wardrobe), then definitely purchase it.
I just do not believe at all at "age- appropriate" approach. IMO, what is the most important. that we must feel 100% comfortable and confident in our clothing, and loving what we wear.

Honey, if there even is an age we are put out to pasture, 43 CERTAINLY is not it!

This jacket is fun and whimsical and perfectly amenable to being styled in such a way that looks great on you and makes you feel comfortable and "you." I really only find that people look "not age appropriate" when they're trying to be something they're not and clearly aren't comfortable in their skin. You seem to love this piece, so I'd imagine that you'd wear it with confidence and joy, which is really all that is required to pull something off.

I think it's important to rid ourselves of the idea that anything fun or interesting in fashion automatically = "youthful." There is NO reason why our creativity and self-expression should shut down in middle age. We still have half our lives to live. Are we going to live them exclusively in solid colors? It's madness. Life is short; wear what brings a smile to your face!

I agree with everyone...you arent too old, if it fits and you like it then keep it. Rock the heck out of it!

On the other hand, you returned it 3x. Was the jacket not comfortable or fit like you imagined? Sometimes we work items up to be so incredible in our minds that we cant let that image go and deal with the reality that the item doesnt work for us.

If I find something cute but not practical for my life, I'll take photos of me smiling while trying it on. I'll always have those photos to remind me of how happy I was. We cant own everything and this is a way to always have a wonderful memory.

Dont let the item own you and haunt you whether it is for wanting to own or regretting keeping it. Take the photos and see if they satisfy you. Then return it and forget it, or keep it and wear it worry free.

I will be the dissenting voice.
I think if you are second guessing and third guessing, deep down, you know it's not a good style for you. I also think by asking everyone here, you want to hear others say "yes" buy it. You have bought tons of items without needing opinions, especially from people like us who do not know your style. We are all enablers here and most everyone will say "yes". Ask us if "we" like it and would wear it and you might get a different answer.

I don't think you should get it.
I don't think it has to do with age, but it's more the "look" you want and are concerned about. And since you returned it 3 times, I don't think you should buy it. You said you are 43, and I am sure by now you know what works. I love super mini skirts but I am beyond that super mini skirt look, so I no longer wear it. Body-wise, I am slim and look fine in minis, but it is no longer the "look" I want to portray to the world.

My "look" I try to have is more classic and elegant.

You should think if this is the look you want. If yes, buy it. If not, move on.

Hope this thought was helpful.

I will be the dissenting voice.
I think if you are second guessing and third guessing, deep down, you know it's not a good style for you. I also think by asking everyone here, you want to hear others say "yes" buy it. You have bought tons of items without needing opinions, especially from people like us who do not know your style. We are all enablers here and most everyone will say "yes". Ask us if "we" like it and would wear it and you might get a different answer.

I don't think you should get it.
I don't think it has to do with age, but it's more the "look" you want and are concerned about. And since you returned it 3 times, I don't think you should buy it. You said you are 43, and I am sure by now you know what works. I love super mini skirts but I am beyond that super mini skirt look, so I no longer wear it. Body-wise, I am slim and look fine in minis, but it is no longer the "look" I want to portray to the world.

My "look" I try to have is more classic and elegant.

You should think if this is the look you want. If yes, buy it. If not, move on.

Hope this thought was helpful.

I agree with this post! It has nothing to do with age!

Thanks everyone for your reply.
Yes I returned it three times as anytime I put it on it always looked like im trying to hard...i felt like a mutton pretending to be a fresh lamb.
Ok iam 43 yrs old, but no way I look that - nobody actually ever believes me my age, last week I was at Dr and the nurse asked me twice if that is my correct date of birth as she wouldn't think it is me as she though I am someone in late 20s ( i wish)
Also my dress style is very Kate Moss - youtfull rock style, always living in my Converse, skinny jeans and some pretty edgy top..
But with this jacket..
Yes I bought it for the fourth time, now I can not take it back as the last day for return was last week, so I am stuck with it LOL.
I love the jacket sooo much, but I just though it would be too much even for Kate Moss..
Maybe it is the large writting on the back or just too many stars.
Anyway I will be customise it, as I realised if I make it a bit shorter it does look completely different I feel much comfortable in it and I did not buy because of the lenght as I have another long denim jacket, but I bough it as I love the stars details on it,so the lenght does not really matter to me at all...
.thanks again everyone..

Reactions: dotty8 and BBC