Rouge tomate vs rouge casaque what's the difference?

askslam

O.G.
Dec 5, 2007
Hi All!

I've been trying to compare rouge tomate vs rouge casaque and only found one picture on the forum and a couple on google (not the best lighting to compare the difference between the two shades) does anyone have both colors to compare in any Hermes leather accessory? Or describe the difference? They seem quite similar from what I can tell.

Hi All!

I've been trying to compare rouge tomate vs rouge casaque and only found one picture on the forum and a couple on google (not the best lighting to compare the difference between the two shades) does anyone have both colors to compare in any Hermes leather accessory? Or describe the difference? They seem quite similar from what I can tell.
Tomate is red with orange undertones whereas Casaque is a true red.

These colors are gorgeous. Thank you Dreaming Big for posting the photo showing the difference. Red is my favorite color, and I have the chance at a K32 in RC Epsom with PHW. However, I do have a B30 in RT with GHW. I'm probably not going to be able to purchase more than one B or K, (the possibility of additional B or K isn't very great), so should I wait for something different? Rouge Casaque is very beautiful in person; that is why I'm so tempted. Thank you very much for your help.

Gosh, if I only had one B and one K, I would not pick so close to the same color. My RT Verrou is a different size/function (small day to night bag) than the RC K (large day bag), so I justify having both. My other red is a Rose Jaipur Jige. If offered another red, I would have to pass for now.

Reactions: Nerja
Gosh, if I only had one B and one K, I would not pick so close to the same color. My RT Verrou is a different size/function (small day to night bag) than the RC K (large day bag), so I justify having both. My other red is a Rose Jaipur Jige. If offered another red, I would have to pass for now.
I saw rouge tomato in swift leather today. IMO it's not a true red- it's almost like a reddish coral color. In epson, I think it looks more red.
Thank you both.:flowers::flowers: I agree with digie, my rouge tomate has a coral tone, but I still love her. Dreaming Big, I'm sure you are right:I should wait for something different. Ugh! Now I need to decide. That's the tough part !

These colors are gorgeous. Thank you Dreaming Big for posting the photo showing the difference. Red is my favorite color, and I have the chance at a K32 in RC Epsom with PHW. However, I do have a B30 in RT with GHW. I'm probably not going to be able to purchase more than one B or K, (the possibility of additional B or K isn't very great), so should I wait for something different? Rouge Casaque is very beautiful in person; that is why I'm so tempted. Thank you very much for your help.
Wow! That is a holygrail K32 for me!