Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Beige claire

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters

val

O.G.
May 8, 2006
Hello Friends :wave:,

I own a few classics in jumbo and mini size and really love both. Interestingly, I don't have a medium size flap and to be honest never really thought about it.

For Those Who Love classic flaps, is the medium size considered a "holy grail" bag and what are your thoughts on it? I have the option to choose between black caviar with silver hardware or beige with gold hardware. Out of the two, which would you choose?

For black bags, I have the following :
Black mini caviar with gold hardware
So black boy bag
Frame in chain

Beige...
Dark beige boy bag with gold hardware in caviar

I keep going back and forth between the two but am leaning slightly towards the beige.

Thank you everyone!

Val :flowers::heart:

This is gorgeous. Is it from the new collection? Do they have it in Chanel stores right now?

Could you PM me the code too. As I want one lol

It's from 17P so semi current. I got mine at saks and it's the new medium size for 5200. Neimans also has it in this size but boutiques have the old medium size. I think you should be able to find some. It's stunning irl and pictures don't do it justice. Will take pic of the tag and send in a bit.

Val

It's from 17P so semi current. I got mine at saks and it's the new medium size for 5200. Neimans also has it in this size but boutiques have the old medium size. I think you should be able to find some. It's stunning irl and pictures don't do it justice. Will take pic of the tag and send in a bit.

Val

Thanks. Please do send me an image of the tag

If I had to choose between the two I would go black with silver (I have this bag and it is my ultimate favourite) but going by your collection, you have quite a few black bags already. So if you want to diversify then go for the beige.
The medium flap can't be worn cross body so keep that in mind. With this style, the beige would be quite elegant to wear dressed up. Do consider the possibility of colour transfer though so you have to be conscious of what you wear with the bag.
Good luck deciding

Reactions: val
The M/L flap is my favorite size and is to me the classic of all classics. Both black and Beige (Clair) are must have colors in your collection (to me), but if I had to choose and going by what you already have, I'd go for the beige. That color is now seasonal and harder to come by (especially in the right shade) than black that always will be there in the permanent collection.
BC + gold HW = divine. The gold supplements and brings out the beige so well. The color is very elegant and feminine, IMO. You do have the issue of color transfer, but since it's in caviar, I don't think it's really a big deal. Nothing that some Meltonian leather lotion hasn't been able to fix for me :smile:

M/L is my favorite size! I love my jumbos too but they can be a bit too much sometimes, and anything smaller is too small for me. Both bags you're debating between are gorgeous and must-haves in my book (I own both but in opposite hardware colors), you can't really go wrong between the 2. If I hadddd to choose 1 between the 2, I would get the black bc I get more use out of my black. But based on your current collection, if you want to add something new then I would say the light beige, it's gorgeous and completely different shade from dark beige/taupe boy you have. Here's a shot of my dark beige/taupe next to light beige

neuts.jpg

Good luck with your decision! Please keep us updated with which one you decide on!

You have an array of beautiful collection & great combo of color+hw+leather. Whats your jumbo combinations? You cant go wrong with either, and they are both a classic & so different. Best if you can get both :biggrin:. But if its me, I'll choose the m/l in black with shw. It translate to the modern look. While you have a few in black, they are either all black or ghw. & the dark beige boy is also ghw.
You have not gotten a piece with shw yet.

You have an array of beautiful collection & great combo of color+hw+leather. Whats your jumbo combinations? You cant go wrong with either, and they are both a classic & so different. Best if you can get both :biggrin:. But if its me, I'll choose the m/l in black with shw. It translate to the modern look. While you have a few in black, they are either all black or ghw. & the dark beige boy is also ghw.
You have not gotten a piece with shw yet.
Hi,

For jumbos, I have:

1) quilted dark red caviar with ruthenium hardware (with the thick stitching)
2) quilted turquoise caviar with light gold hardware (cruise 2016/2017)
3) chevron cobalt blue caviar with silver hardware (spring/summer 2016)

I'm definitely leaning towards the black because it's more carefree and you are right that black with SHW translates to a modern look.

Thank you!
Val

M/L is my favorite size! I love my jumbos too but they can be a bit too much sometimes, and anything smaller is too small for me. Both bags you're debating between are gorgeous and must-haves in my book (I own both but in opposite hardware colors), you can't really go wrong between the 2. If I hadddd to choose 1 between the 2, I would get the black bc I get more use out of my black. But based on your current collection, if you want to add something new then I would say the light beige, it's gorgeous and completely different shade from dark beige/taupe boy you have. Here's a shot of my dark beige/taupe next to light beige

View attachment 3692088

Good luck with your decision! Please keep us updated with which one you decide on!

OMG , is that grey caviar? what season is that from? Your collection is amazing!

Val

Reactions: bp26