Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

Has anyone tried refurbishing their own bags? Maybe this has its own thread but I couldn't find it.
I know for a fact that Hermes--and other top leather makers--use Saphir Medaille d'Or products for conditioning and general color renovation.

In Europe it is actually illegal to carry counterfeit goods, so they can be seized by either the trademark holder or the police.

This

Also, i believe the paperwork in the US states that you agree to the conditions to destroy the bag should it be deemed counterfeit. My local SM talked to me about this because I own several vintage bags and we discussed the authentication process I used. I have yet to send them to the spa so I don't know where those terms are explained.

Has anyone tried refurbishing their own bags? Maybe this has its own thread but I couldn't find it.
I know for a fact that Hermes--and other top leather makers--use Saphir Medaille d'Or products for conditioning and general color renovation.
you should check out Docride's thread in the reference section, lots of helpful info on taking care of your bags!

Regarding CDC repairs, took two to the boutique: one the medor studs on the sliding closure were tarnished/worn due to hitting other bracelets on my wrist and a second CDC I bent the slotted plate where the metal post is inserted (Don't ask how that happened--another causality of my clumsiness). The bracelets had to go to Paris and it took about 5 months from start to finish. I was very pleasantly surprised at the cost: $135 for the replacement medors and $35 to straighten out the bent plate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Txoceangirl
Hi fashionistas!
My mother recently passed me her vintage K28 in box calf in black with palladium for my birthday. It is such a special kelly as it was produced during the year I was born and given the age of the bag, it is completely spotless haha. Super thankful for my generous mother.
However, she misplaced the shoulder strap, keys, lock, and clochette :sad: Not sure if any other H lovers out there had ever gotten their shoulder straps, keys, lock, and clochette replaced at the H boutiques? Just wondering if H even offeres services like this and don't want to sound like a complete idiot in front of my SA LOL.

Any tips will help, MANY THANKS EVERYONE! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::heart::angel:

Hi all, does H re-dye the stitching ? Or change the stitching of the bag if one requests?
My Jyp received a repair from Paris about a 9 months ago, but last time they didn't clean the stitching ( guess it's not possible to clean ), the stitchings that touch the ring turned black and some of the colour has come off completely over time.

And since H doesn't touch the inside, I just found out i got the chèvre lining stained, anyone knows what product can get it cleaned ? I have tried a lot and they all can rug the colour off the chèvre...IMG_1492004924.916567.jpg

I understand that it is 7 years old bag but I still wanna know if anything can be done. If not I guess I will be fine and keep on loving it.IMG_1492004488.986280.jpg

Hi all, does H re-dye the stitching ? Or change the stitching of the bag if one requests?
My Jyp received a repair from Paris about a 9 months ago, but last time they didn't clean the stitching ( guess it's not possible to clean ), the stitchings that touch the ring turned black and some of the colour has come off completely over time.

And since H doesn't touch the inside, I just found out i got the chèvre lining stained, anyone knows what product can get it cleaned ? I have tried a lot and they all can rug the colour off the chèvre...View attachment 3665257

I understand that it is 7 years old bag but I still wanna know if anything can be done. If not I guess I will be fine and keep on loving it.View attachment 3665256
I find that Lexol cleaning wipes take off many stains, including pen marks to some extent. Press the wipe against the stain, don't rub hard. If you don't get color on the wipe from pressing then rub gently and see how you go. You can also just keep pressing with clean areas of the wipes if the stain is coming off slowly. Know that bags that have been polished will give off some color when wiped, although interiors less so. Just keep an eye on it.

I find that Lexol cleaning wipes take off many stains, including pen marks to some extent. Press the wipe against the stain, don't rub hard. If you don't get color on the wipe from pressing then rub gently and see how you go. You can also just keep pressing with clean areas of the wipes if the stain is coming off slowly. Know that bags that have been polished will give off some color when wiped, although interiors less so. Just keep an eye on it.

That's very informative! thanks, but the pen marks were done long ago, not sure if that works but will definitely try. I just came across a store in my city, they have some videos on youtube (link below) showing them completely dye the birkin into another color and fix the loose stitching, waterproof treatment, etc, but the risk is the bag can no longer go back to Hermes... I was thinking about should I give them a try...

Hi fashionistas!
My mother recently passed me her vintage K28 in box calf in black with palladium for my birthday. It is such a special kelly as it was produced during the year I was born and given the age of the bag, it is completely spotless haha. Super thankful for my generous mother.
However, she misplaced the shoulder strap, keys, lock, and clochette :sad: Not sure if any other H lovers out there had ever gotten their shoulder straps, keys, lock, and clochette replaced at the H boutiques? Just wondering if H even offeres services like this and don't want to sound like a complete idiot in front of my SA LOL.

Any tips will help, MANY THANKS EVERYONE! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::heart::angel:
You are so lucky! Box calf K28 with palladium is very rare in vintage. I have been looking for one forever.
Yes, you can order a new strap, clochette/lock/keys - the strap may take a very long time (consider it basically a special order) but the clochette, lock, and keys should be easier. Box is in production now although limited.

I meant for just cleaning the pen marks/cleaning the stains.
That's very informative! thanks, but the pen marks were done long ago, not sure if that works but will definitely try. I just came across a store in my city, they have some videos on youtube (link below) showing them completely dye the birkin into another color and fix the loose stitching, waterproof treatment, etc, but the risk is the bag can no longer go back to Hermes... I was thinking about should I give them a try...

I have rarely seen recolored bags look good, and if most of the stains are interior, I would love your bag the way it is.
I have very much reduced fairly old pen marks with Lexol. I have heard you can use Primatint but I have never risked it.

I meant for just cleaning the pen marks/cleaning the stains.
I personally have had very good luck with 'Leather Stain Remover' from Furniture Clinic. I use extra teeny tiny narrow tip q-tips from Alcone in NY and very gently touch only the ink and no leather around it. I've gotten some ink stains out completely but you have to be super careful because the leather dye will start coming off too so only use something that is only as narrow as the ink stain. I got a lot of ink on my agenda the other day, it sits on my desk so really it was a matter of time until this happened. This was a very bad large ink stain, it got almost all of the ink out before color starting coming off. It is definitely the worst removal job of any I've done so this is an example of probably the worst result you could experience. I'm much happier with the end result than before, there was a lot of ink and it was very unsightly.

Some members have disagreed with me in the past about this product IMG_4303.JPG and that's fine. This is the only thing I've tried that's ever worked and I've always been happy with the results.

Hi ladies! If I take my birkin in to the boutique, will they be able to tell me if it's been redyed on the spot? I bought this 1999 Fjord birkin last week, and when I went to give it a wipe down, a lot of black came off. Now I'm concerned I bought a shoddy dyed birkin ):

Attachments

• IMG_8466.JPG
    IMG_8466.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_8501.JPG
    IMG_8501.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 669