Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Gucci maramont black medium

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Louis Vuitton pochette Metis noir

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters

Zahzah

Aug 16, 2011
Hi all I'm trying to decide in a bag for both day and evening (not super formal) which one do you recommend.

I love the Gucci marmont in the small size and even tried it on I just feel it will be a push to fit all my day work things in. So then I tried the larger size and it's nice but it doesn't have the same feel as the small.
Then I have the Louis Vuitton pochette Metis in noir which is stunning but I'm unsure about this as a) iv been on the waiting list for ages and b) there's been a lot of quality issues with glazing.
However on other note I don't know if gucci is having a moment with the marmont and maybe in a year or two they won't be as 'in' as they are now.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_0903.PNG
    IMG_0903.PNG
    374.2 KB · Views: 1,364
  • IMG_0908.PNG
    IMG_0908.PNG
    280.9 KB · Views: 1,374
  • IMG_0909.jpg
    IMG_0909.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,402
  • IMG_0910.PNG
    IMG_0910.PNG
    243.1 KB · Views: 1,358
Reactions: FetishDiva
I like the larger in black but that's me. Only get exactly the bag you really want and don't think about out/in fashion. Doesn't sound like you really want the Gucci so go with what you're most comfortable with. If that's LV then that's the one (I know nothing about LV contemporary bags so cannot comment).

On size, if the small won't fit you're things and the large doesn't seem as cute you'll either have to downsize or accept you carry more than you like the look of.

I voted for the pochette metis as I have it in mono (old model) and love that it can be carried by handle, crossbody or over the shoulder. I do really like the large marmont noir bag, I think that although it's an it bag now I think it will have staying power. It seems like you could carry it for years and still be in style. I don't have a Gucci near me to see the marmont bags in person but I would love to own the noir! I have a few Dionysus bags and love them.

For me it would be Gucci Marmont. I was looking at LV Metis Pouchette too and it is gorgeous. But when I saw the Gucci I was very much smitten by the Super soft leather. It is extremely feminine and a makes a subtle yet powerful fashion statement.

Reactions: papertiger
I am not a fan of the metis at all. I find it to be a very boring design but that is me. Go with a larger marmont flap or try downsizing your things and get the small camera bag. I have downsized and never find myself wishing I carried more with me. Otherwise maybe you need a tote? The new LV Jersey tote in DE is beautiful or the marmont tote with magnetic closure at the top for around $1900?

Follow your heart! I would choose LV Metis, just because I don't like chain straps and this version of Gucci logo, it looks cheap to me. And I prefer LV over Gucci in general. Otherwise all those Gucci bags are very good looking, especially in larger size, and the leather is so soft.

I chose the LV but I could be biased because I own it ☺️. I find it super versatile and also changed up the straps with some chain versions for a dressier effect. With that said the smaller beige would definitely be my second choice if you can keep it clean. I love that shade! GL deciding and let us know what you do take home :smile:.

I like both & own both. A LV Metis & a Gucci Marmont flap. I say get the Marmont medium flap. It is so easy to wear and easy to get in and out of. IMO, LV is everywhere. Gucci is hot right now.

Hi all I'm trying to decide in a bag for both day and evening (not super formal) which one do you recommend.

I love the Gucci marmont in the small size and even tried it on I just feel it will be a push to fit all my day work things in. So then I tried the larger size and it's nice but it doesn't have the same feel as the small.
Then I have the Louis Vuitton pochette Metis in noir which is stunning but I'm unsure about this as a) iv been on the waiting list for ages and b) there's been a lot of quality issues with glazing.
However on other note I don't know if gucci is having a moment with the marmont and maybe in a year or two they won't be as 'in' as they are now.

Thanks for your help
I love pochette Metis in Empriente leather but am going to buy marmont just can't decide on size

The Gucci bag is classic styling...camera type bags never go out of style...the stitching is distinctive but not trendy...I would hesitate if the bag had embellishments but I love the overall aesthetic.

I have a mono Metis...love it but the flap closure does make it harder to get in to while it's on your shoulder...not a deal breaker but a consideration.

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either,,,good luck deciding!

Reactions: papertiger