40th birthday present for friend - help me choose! :)

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
One of my best friends turns 40 this month and while I can't spend a ton of money, I'd like to get her something lovely from Tiffany.
She is a banking executive so she wears pretty conservative jewelry on a daily basis. I don't want my gift to be a special occasion piece but rather something she can wear regularly and use a lot.
I don't know her ring size so I'm mostly considering a pair of earrings or a bracelet - mostly leaning toward a bracelet though.
I really like the bead with toggle closure - but my biggest question is if the toggle is secure? After that, I prefer the Smile bracelet and then the Infinity. I have both of the earrings for myself and wear them regularly but am not sure if they are too boring for a gift. The bracelets seem to be more bang for the $$.

Any thoughts are welcome! Thank you so much!

Attachments

• earrings2.png
    earrings2.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 467
  • earrings1.png
    earrings1.png
    127.4 KB · Views: 484
  • bracelet3.png
    bracelet3.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 466
  • bracelet2.png
    bracelet2.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 499
  • bracelet1.png
    bracelet1.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 468
Reactions: Sweet Whimsy
I own both pairs of earrings and the infinity bracelet, all of them in YG. Do you know her wrist size? Does she wear bracelets? I personally would worry about the toggle closure coming loose.

I have only worn my infinity bracelet twice. It does spin around so I had to attach a charm on the clasp. I think the t bracelet may do the same.

Of the ones you have posted, I would pick the bead earrings as they would go with everything. You can always give her a gift receipt so she can exchange the gift.

I like the earrings, but something to keep in mind is that some people are allergic to silver in their ears even if they can wear silver bracelets or necklaces.

Are there any pieces she wears daily?

I would go for either the bead earrings or the 10mm Bead Bracelet - this piece is classic Tiffany and can be worn to work easily. http.tiffany.com/gifts/gifts-for-her/bead-bracelet-GRP01690?fromGrid=1&gridpos=36/2082&fromcid=-1&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+-r+-x+-n+36-ri+-ni+1-lr+0-hr+-1-t+Bead+bracelet&search=1&trackpdp=search&trackgridpos=16#p+1-n+36-cg+viewPaged-c+-s+5-r+-t+Bead+bracelet-ri+-ni+1-x+-pu+-f+-lr+0-hr+

I love the silver bead earrings beacuse they are perfect for literally any occasion and much easier to keep shiny than the second pair. Chain bracelets have a tendency to flip and you'll end up seeing the chain more often than the design, and I've heard that the bead bracelets aren't the sturdiest (the chain can stretch and the beads can dent) since they're hollow.

I like the Infinity bracelet, but I'm a bit biased as I gave it to my best friend on our 20th friendship anniversary. I like that it has some meaning/symbol behind it versus the other pieces. You can't go wrong with any of them though and I'm sure she'll so appreciate your gift! [emoji3]

I like the Infinity bracelet, but I'm a bit biased as I gave it to my best friend on our 20th friendship anniversary. I like that it has some meaning/symbol behind it versus the other pieces. You can't go wrong with any of them though and I'm sure she'll so appreciate your gift! [emoji3]
Thank you all so much! I went to the store today and tried on the bracelets. I was so smitten with the T smile and infinity. I ended up buying the Infinity bracelet for her and may add both of them to my wishlist for me! LOL I loved how delicate they both were on my wrist. They only had the Toggle bracelet in large and I tried it on but it was too big. The SA also didn't seem very confident in the security of the clasp which was good to know.
I chose the infinity bracelet over the bead earrings b/c of the meaning of the infinity bracelet (we've been friends for almost 20 years...since she was 19 and now she's turning 40!!!) but I got a gift receipt so she can exchange if she doesn't love it.
Thanks again!

Thank you all so much! I went to the store today and tried on the bracelets. I was so smitten with the T smile and infinity. I ended up buying the Infinity bracelet for her and may add both of them to my wishlist for me! LOL I loved how delicate they both were on my wrist. They only had the Toggle bracelet in large and I tried it on but it was too big. The SA also didn't seem very confident in the security of the clasp which was good to know.
I chose the infinity bracelet over the bead earrings b/c of the meaning of the infinity bracelet (we've been friends for almost 20 years...since she was 19 and now she's turning 40!!!) but I got a gift receipt so she can exchange if she doesn't love it.
Thanks again!

What a lovely gift to celebrate a 40th birthday with your friend..

Thanks again!

How exciting, she's going to love it! It's such a simple yet elegant piece. Cheers to your friendship!

What a lovely gift to celebrate a 40th birthday with your friend..
How exciting, she's going to love it! It's such a simple yet elegant piece. Cheers to your friendship!
Thank you both! She and her husband met us in Vegas for my 40th so I think it's so awesome we get to celebrate our 40ths together! She's having a big party in her city and wants to dance all night. I'm so excited!
I was really impressed with how lovely the bracelets looked when I tried them on and had to force myself to only buy one for her! ha!

One of my best friends turns 40 this month and while I can't spend a ton of money, I'd like to get her something lovely from Tiffany.
She is a banking executive so she wears pretty conservative jewelry on a daily basis. I don't want my gift to be a special occasion piece but rather something she can wear regularly and use a lot.
I don't know her ring size so I'm mostly considering a pair of earrings or a bracelet - mostly leaning toward a bracelet though.
I really like the bead with toggle closure - but my biggest question is if the toggle is secure? After that, I prefer the Smile bracelet and then the Infinity. I have both of the earrings for myself and wear them regularly but am not sure if they are too boring for a gift. The bracelets seem to be more bang for the $$.

Any thoughts are welcome! Thank you so much!
Really like the Infinity bracelet and both earrings :biggrin: