Can I be totally whiny for a minute with my FWP?

Apr 25, 2006
About a week ago, I returned a Favorite MM for store credit (due to the creasing issue), and used that credit toward a full deposit for a Pochette Metis.

I just found out yesterday that my husband and I will be moving back to the US from Germany in about 3 weeks. And I'm so stressed out that I won't be able to get my PM before we leave :crybaby:.

I called CS who just told me the waiting time is now 6 - 8 weeks. Then I texted the SA who took my order, but I haven't heard back.

I'm whining because I don't want to pay the higher US price when I move back and wait even longer. Also I would have to pick something else to use the €750 store credit, and there isn't really another bag I want right now. Well, I'm also interested in the Neo Noe, but that's another wait listed bag.

There are so many things involved in moving internationally. But I just need to get that off my chest.

And please keep your fingers crossed for me that my bag will arrive in time.

Last edited:
About a week ago, I returned a Favorite MM for store credit (due to the creasing issue), and used that credit toward a full deposit for a Pochette Metis.

I just found out yesterday that my husband and I will be moving back to the US from Germany in about 3 weeks. And I'm so stressed out that I won't be able to get my PM before we leave :crybaby:.

I called CS who just told me the waiting time is now 6 - 8 weeks. Then I texted the SA who took my order, but I haven't heard back.

I'm whining because I don't want to pay the higher US price when I move back and wait even longer. Also I would have to pick something else to use the €750 store credit, and there isn't really another bag I want right now. Well, I'm also interested in the Neo Noe, but that's another wait listed bag.

There are so many things involved in moving internationally. But I just need to get that off my chest.

You can always pick a bag of the same value as a Pochette Métis and exchange it for a PM once you get to the US (does that make sense?).

Reactions: voodoodoll2005
You can always pick a bag of the same value as a Pochette Métis and exchange it for a PM once you get to the US (does that make sense?).
My SA told me once that an exchange from Europe is taxed at the US rate even if the prices are the same. Is that correct? As in, you may need to pay sales tax on the price difference, if that makes sense.

My SA told me once that an exchange from Europe is taxed at the US rate even if the prices are the same. Is that correct? As in, you may need to pay sales tax on the price difference, if that makes sense.
I am not sure that's why OP should pick something that retails for the same value than the PM if she plans on exchanging in the US.

Reactions: voodoodoll2005

Maybe get on the waitlist for the NeoNoe as well and see if that comes in faster than the PM. Just another option to consider..

I'm not sure. In Germany, the price includes the 19% VAT. So I don't think it would make sense to tax me twice. But who knows? I'll ask my SA to see if he knows.