Share your stories about your first Hermes bag! Oh the memories...

I'm 32. I made my first Hermes purchase - a white/gold Clic H bracelet - in February 2017. It has been SO hard not to make another Hermes purchase, but I am going to Italy in July and am trying to hold out until then. I do not have a relationship with a SA yet so I have no shot at getting a bag. I REALLY want a Constance or Jige Clutch. I am also getting my DH a new tie and pocket square for a wedding we are attending on Nantucket over Labor Day. I'm new the Hermes party, but I have already developed a deep appreciation for the brand.

I'm 32. I made my first Hermes purchase - a white/gold Clic H bracelet - in February 2017. It has been SO hard not to make another Hermes purchase, but I am going to Italy in July and am trying to hold out until then. I do not have a relationship with a SA yet so I have no shot at getting a bag. I REALLY want a Constance or Jige Clutch. I am also getting my DH a new tie and pocket square for a wedding we are attending on Nantucket over Labor Day. I'm new the Hermes party, but I have already developed a deep appreciation for the brand.
Actually . . . I just checked the receipt, and I bought it on March 18, 2017. Yikes! I've been "holding out" for less than two months, and I am already struggling not to go to my local store . . .

Actually . . . I just checked the receipt, and I bought it on March 18, 2017. Yikes! I've been "holding out" for less than two months, and I am already struggling not to go to my local store . . .
On the plus side if you keep going to the same SA at your local store you can develop that relationship. It takes time so even if you go to Italy and buy a bag there you still have ample time in your home town before you probably get offered a bag anyway. Also Jiges become available to the public easily too. Or when you go there and buy something just say if its possible to be notified when a Jige becomes available you can mention the colours you like as you are eager to add it to your collection. Jige is a good stepping stone to getting offered a B K C in the nearer future. Its good to say on each visit what a wishlist item is so the SA will remember you and what you desire so you can be kept in mind

I don´t know how young... if "get your H" includes any option (inheritance, gift, purchase), then I found a shawl with ships all over it (and a couple moth holes) in a suitcase full of my great-grandmother´s clothes and knickknacks meant for me after she passed away, I must have been seven or eight years old, and played with that shawl to dress up, but it disintegrated some time later. I had no idea it was H, but many years later I found that same print, different colours, in a vintage street market, and found out mine had been H, too. Now I´m sorry I knew no better, or I´d have framed it :sad:

If "get" means purchased for myself, my firstie was at age 40+, a gold and blue jean Dogon and a coin purse. Bag-wise, I got my UHG and only wish, a Trim II 31 in Rouge H, just two months ago... So it´s never too late, and that´s what I love about H, too, it really finds you when you are ready, and not a moment sooner!

Birkin 35 Bleu Orage Togo age 35, it marked two great achievements - I finally paid off my student loan debt and landed a job as an attorney (I went to law school late in life). I sold her this year, and used the proceeds to buy a Birkin 30 in Plomb Togo, which both color and size are better suited to my lifestyle...although the importance of what it signifies still survives. This Birkin was a beauty...2015-02-15 11.15.38.jpg

I was 18 when I got my first Hermes perfume - Elixir des Merveilles at the airport. 20 when I got my first H item from H itself - a samourais scarf and I love the details on the scarf. A few months later I bought a vintage box k32, a tie for my bf, a Bastia, and a perfume case in Paris and twillies in Ginza. All with money I've earned myself, including the trip to Paris and Japan :smile:.