I have a problem.... Could you please advice me?

Bichita

Jun 4, 2015
I bought this TP 26 last spring. I know it is a year ago, but I have only used it last summer, and one week now when I am on holidays..... Is this normal wear and tear? Should I complain?
20170502_191217.jpeg20170502_191225.jpeg20170502_191231.jpeg20170502_191243.jpeg
Thank you for your help!!!

I bought this TP 26 last spring. I know it is a year ago, but I have only used it last summer, and one week now when I am on holidays..... Is this normal wear and tear? Should I complain?
View attachment 3686439View attachment 3686440View attachment 3686441View attachment 3686442
Thank you for your help!!!
Unfortunately the silk screening can chip and fade over time/use, even on the MC line, but I remember that this print was particularly prone to it. You can always try taking it back to LV and see what they'll say - worst case scenario is they'll just say it's normal wear and tear.

I think that's normal wear and tear for those items with the artwork on the canvas. That's why I have yet to purchase one of those pieces. They don't last long enough.

Reactions: Kitty157
i would still try to take it in and show them this piece. yes, these pieces are prone to chipping, but if the piece otherwise looks new the sa might be able to help you by offering an exchange. i think it might be worth a try. the worst they can say is no. if you do intend to take it back i would do it asap because the closer it is to one year the better i would think.

I would ask @ LV! Just gived my Speedy 30 in DE, on the Handle she looses the colour. She is from year End 2015 so pretty new. My SA took her and I will get new handles (hopefully!). So just try it:smile:

I had that same beautiful item! Mine started chipping within a few weeks (4 at most) and I returned it at that time. It's a shame since it's such a gorgeous piece! I had purchased mine to use as a clutch.

Unfortunately the silk screening can chip and fade over time/use, even on the MC line, but I remember that this print was particularly prone to it. You can always try taking it back to LV and see what they'll say - worst case scenario is they'll just say it's normal wear and tear.

I think that's normal wear and tear for those items with the artwork on the canvas. That's why I have yet to purchase one of those pieces. They don't last long enough.

i would still try to take it in and show them this piece. yes, these pieces are prone to chipping, but if the piece otherwise looks new the sa might be able to help you by offering an exchange. i think it might be worth a try. the worst they can say is no. if you do intend to take it back i would do it asap because the closer it is to one year the better i would think.

Normal wear and tear - but you can always bring it back and ask an SA... you might get an exchange.

I agree with others that it is normal wear and tear. I doubt LV will do anything for you.

I had a graffiti speedy and that is pretty normal wear and tear.

It's normal wear and tear. I wouldn't worry about it. I have screen print items from 2003, 2006, they all chip more or less like that.

I would ask @ LV! Just gived my Speedy 30 in DE, on the Handle she looses the colour. She is from year End 2015 so pretty new. My SA took her and I will get new handles (hopefully!). So just try it:smile:

I had that same beautiful item! Mine started chipping within a few weeks (4 at most) and I returned it at that time. It's a shame since it's such a gorgeous piece! I had purchased mine to use as a clutch.
Thanks you all for your advice! I have yet to contact my SA, but I guess I should blame myself..... I will keep on using and enjoying it.... [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

You should not blame yourself for using the bag!
'Fit for purpose' comes to mind.
It is wear and tear BUT...not what you might have expected.
I think you should take it in to the store to show how it has worn.
You might get a more sympathetic response than you expect.
That is the way to make LV aware that a design with paint applied over an edge or seam is not practical.
There seem to be too many threads on here where SE finished items do not wear well.