Does LV repair tarnished zippers and D-Rings?

ToriVega

Aug 27, 2012
I have a speedy b that I owned for a couple of years now. However, the D-Rings (for attaching the strap) and zippers have tarnished really badly. I also want to point out that these particular pieces hardware have already started tarnishing really bad just from the first month of use. So I can say that the hardware still looks the same as it did 2-3 years ago, but it is still awfully tarnished. I don't know why but taking it to the store never crossed my mind ever since. I'm planning on taking it to the store to get both the d-rings and zippers replaced, and some say that it would be free of charge because they're only metal parts. I'm quite hesitant that they might not accept it for repair just because it's normal wear and tear when in fact this damage has already been present ever since I used this bag when it was still fairly new.

Reactions: Bubbles55
I have a speedy b that I owned for a couple of years now. However, the D-Rings (for attaching the strap) and zippers have tarnished really badly. I also want to point out that these particular pieces hardware have already started tarnishing really bad just from the first month of use. So I can say that the hardware still looks the same as it did 2-3 years ago, but it is still awfully tarnished. I don't know why but taking it to the store never crossed my mind ever since. I'm planning on taking it to the store to get both the d-rings and zippers replaced, and some say that it would be free of charge because they're only metal parts. I'm quite hesitant that they might not accept it for repair just because it's normal wear and tear when in fact this damage has already been present ever since I used this bag when it was still fairly new.
It's not free of charge. The only thing Louis Vuitton replaces free of charge is the zipper pull (which they usually can do in store). It may sound like a dumb question, but have you tried polishing your zipper and D ring?

It's not free of charge. The only thing Louis Vuitton replaces free of charge is the zipper pull (which they usually can do in store). It may sound like a dumb question, but have you tried polishing your zipper and D ring?
thanks. So I can come in the store and just get the zippers replaced free of charge? Does that take more than a day?

Reactions: Bubbles55
Fabuleux wrote 'zipper pull' not 'zippers' - not the same.
You wrote that you 'owned' for two years - was it new or preloved?
I'm sure Fb will know but I believe there is a time when LV changed from solid brass, to a brass coloured metal.

thanks. So I can come in the store and just get the zippers replaced free of charge? Does that take more than a day?
Only the metal zipper pull.
If the store has some in stock, they can potentially do it within the hour. But they can ask for a couple of days depending on schedules.

Fabuleux wrote 'zipper pull' not 'zippers' - not the same.
You wrote that you 'owned' for two years - was it new or preloved?
I'm sure Fb will know but I believe there is a time when LV changed from solid brass, to a brass coloured metal.

Only the metal zipper pull.
If the store has some in stock, they can potentially do it within the hour. But they can ask for a couple of days depending on schedules.

I bought the bag from the store itself. It isn't preloved. And yes my apologies, I meant only the zipper pulls. Thanks!