LV charge to fix tear

Does anybody here have any idea how much LV will charge to fix this tear?
That will require the actual leather chap to be replaced and the cost will depend on the country you live in. For the most accurate quote your best option would be to either go to LV - if you live close to a store - or call CS and forward them the information that the require such as pics.

That will require the actual leather chap to be replaced and the cost will depend on the country you live in. For the most accurate quote your best option would be to either go to LV - if you live close to a store - or call CS and forward them the information that the require such as pics.
I'm from Canada and just wanted to make sure it won't cost me a lot to get it done. I'm buying it for $500 and wanted make sure it's worth the money since brand new is $1450. Everything else is in excellent condition and date code is 2008(so it's not too old).

I'm from Canada and just wanted to make sure it won't cost me a lot to get it done. I'm buying it for $500 and wanted make sure it's worth the money since brand new is $1450. Everything else is in excellent condition and date code is 2008(so it's not too old).
Going off of that single picture it looks more like an aesthetic issue, as opposed to a structural integrity one, and that the bag is still perfectly useable. I'm just taking an educated guess - keyword being 'guess' - and would expect the fee for a chap repair here in Canada to cost around $80.

So it's the bandouliere? I think it's worth it. Even if the cost was $100 to replace the chape, (which it shouldn't be). It appears this is on the BACK of the bag, so you don't have to worry too much about the patina not matching.

Going off of that single picture it looks more like an aesthetic issue, as opposed to a structural integrity one, and that the bag is still perfectly useable. I'm just taking an educated guess - keyword being 'guess' - and would expect the fee for a chap repair here in Canada to cost around $80.
Wow!!! That's good to know. I was expecting more than $200. Thanks for your educated "guess". I'll definitely get it then :smile:

So it's the bandouliere? I think it's worth it. Even if the cost was $100 to replace the chape, (which it shouldn't be). It appears this is on the BACK of the bag, so you don't have to worry too much about the patina not matching.
No, it's not bandouliere. I'm planning to put a charm while saving to get it replaced :smile:

Forgot to mention that damage was caused by the sellers chinchilla nibbing on it but the rest of the bag is totally fine :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 687
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 682
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 711
Reactions: MeepMeep67
Forgot to mention that damage was caused by the sellers chinchilla nibbing on it but the rest of the bag is totally fine :smile:
As long as the chinchilla reserved its taste test to the leather chap and not the canvas then you're good. Once the canvas has been compromised then LV will refuse to touch it for repairs.

I'm pretty sure you were right to assume closer to $200 than to $80. I had a handle replaced years ago in Canada, it was more than that back then.