Help finding a handbag brand designed in New York that was popular a while back?

klb4556

O.G.
May 18, 2009
Hey everyone, I am so sorry this is going to be so vague,but I will try to describe it the best I can.

A while back, I believe they had their own sub forum, seems like the brand started with an "H", in fact, I am pretty sure it did.

I remember they usually had frequent sample sales in NY. The look was contemporary but not too edgy with supple leather and mostly silver hardware, and small studs on edges if I remember right.

Similar in both price to Botkier, usually the people who went after Botkier, liked this brand too.

If you have any ideas what it was, please let me know! thanks so much!

... yes. I feel. so.dumb.

In hindsight,looking through posts, it was referred to as HH, and that wasn't enough for me to realize what it was.

Why has it just disappeared off the face of the earth?

I had read that it might be coming back? if you go to haydenharnett.com you do get a webpage and it says "coming spring 2017"

I'm sure it's clear by now, but just in case somebody else stumbles across this page: Hayden Harnett was acquired by another company. That company has decided to continue producing purses under the Hayden Harnett brand name, however none of the original minds behind Hayden Harnett are still with the brand. Additionally, to my knowledge, all handbags offered by current HH are vegan, not leather.

If you want to get some of the old HH vibe, you're going to want to check out Thacker NYC, which is the company that HH Co-founder/Designer Tony Hacker has moved on to form.