Looking for Info and Feedback on Mystery Valentine's Bag Charm Fob

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I picked up the silver and hearts bag charm in the pics below at the Coach fob sales currently going on at some Nordstrom Rack stores. This item did not have the original coach tag on it like most of the fobs in the sale, it only had the Nordstrom Rack label. The receipt merely says "Vday B C compare at $50" and does not include the Coach style number. The little silver coach tag says "COACH New York" on the front and "China" on the back, and the heart charms are marked with the Horse & Carriage logo on the back.

I am planning to give the charm as a small gift to a girl in my office that recently eloped. She is a very private person and does not want a party or a shower so I thought that I would just give it to her quietly as a small token of congratulations. I figured that the heart motif would be appropriate for a newlywed.

But now I am worried that it might be too jingly, jangly, noisy to carry on a bag! So I would like to hear from someone that has this fob and whether you like it or if it drives you crazy?! I think it is really cute, but I'm not sure that it would be a good gift.

I can't find any information about this charm on the internet and I've used the Wayback Machine to check out Valentine's Day Gifts for the last few years without any success. Maybe it was only offered on foreign Coach sites? Or maybe it was a prototype that never went into production because it annoyed people?! I can find loads of Coach heart motif fobs, charms, bags, and jewelry, but not this one.

It reminds me of the "hearts print" line that Coach introduced a few years ago, I bought the crossgrain cosmetic bag 52908 sv pk shown below at the outlet in Oct 2015, so it may have come for that release in 2014 or 2015?

If anyone has any info about the charm and/or feedback on how it works as a bag decoration, please let me know, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Vday003.jpg
    Vday003.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 375
  • Vday002.jpg
    Vday002.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 381
  • Vday004.jpg
    Vday004.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 384
  • 52908_svpk_a0.jpg
    52908_svpk_a0.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
Reactions: COACH ADDICT
A lot of fobs with that "Swagger strap attachment piece" hardware (no other way to describe it) and no key ring were used as gift with purchases during 2015. The Wild Beast bag charm (the one given out at a few store parties with the drippy spots on 3 different chains) has the exact same hardware and the horse/carriage on the back of the spots. I imagine that Coach sold their excess inventory of GWP fobs to NR, and that's where this came from.

Reactions: katev
A lot of fobs with that "Swagger strap attachment piece" hardware (no other way to describe it) and no key ring were used as gift with purchases during 2015. The Wild Beast bag charm (the one given out at a few store parties with the drippy spots on 3 different chains) has the exact same hardware and the horse/carriage on the back of the spots. I imagine that Coach sold their excess inventory of GWP fobs to NR, and that's where this came from.

Thanks! That would explain why I can't find anything about it and it would make it very rare! But I'm still unsure because the NR tag and receipt say that the original price was $50? Maybe they just had to assign a price to it so they could discount it? I got it for $12 so I'm happy!

Last edited:

Yep, I agree. I think it was a gift with purchase fob, much like this snowflake one....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-COACH-M...528182?hash=item58ed1266b6:g:63oAAOSwNnRYhhOd

Thank you both so much!

I wish I knew someone who has used the fob to tell me if it is a pain to carry! I think I will give it to her anyway - she can always hang it on the Christmas tree if she doesn't want to carry it on her purse!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobbsy
The words "compare at $50" prove that it never sold for that. The tea rose keychain is extremely jingly - I bet even more than that one. It sounds like cow bells!

The words "compare at $50" prove that it never sold for that. The tea rose keychain is extremely jingly - I bet even more than that one. It sounds like cow bells!

Thanks! But the "Compare at" figures were correct for my other fobs. Baseman Emmanuel Hare said "Compare at $115" and the "Found Objects" fob said "Compare at $145".

I didn't know that the tea rose fob was so noisy! I have decided not to worry about the jingle, jangle because I think it is a very pretty fob, I hope she likes it!

Reactions: whateve
I think it's a lovely fob...I'd like to have one...and appropriate as a congrats gift. Who wouldn't like it?

Sometimes I like a little jingle jangle. The two/three chain links on the handles of my Kristin Domed Satchel make a pleasant sound like that. lol

I gave the hearts fob to the new bride and she really liked it and didn't seem to notice the jingle -jangle at all! Thanks for all the help!