Gucci dionysus mini chain bag (woc)

maianh_96

Oct 13, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm new to Gucci and have been eyeing the dionysus mini chain bag (aka woc) in black leather and was wondering your thoughts on it. I wanted a Chanel woc, but honestly am not sure anymore since the price point is very high and from what I've seen from reviews on youtube it doesn't seem to hold a lot. For $2100 I would want a more functional bag. Does anyone own this this Gucci bag, and does it fit a lot? I've seen a couple youtube reviews and I think it holds a good amount more than the Chanel woc.
Also, what are your opinions on how "classic" the dionysus line will be? My only concern is that $1400 is still a good amount of money to spend on a bag and I would want it to have good longevity. The plus side with Chanel is that they're definitely considered classic. That said, I still absolutely adore the look of the dionysus!
Any input is appreciated :smile:

chanel boy woc.JPG gucci dionysus.JPG

I have a blooms Dionysis WOC and I love it! I also have a Chanel patent WOC. The main difference I see is that my Chanel has one main area, whereas the Gucci WOC has sections. So you can carry a lot, it just has to be put into each section rather than one little makeup bag. I love my Gucci and I seem to wear it more than my Chanel. But, of course Chanel will always be a classic.
Hope that helps:smile:

My Chanel WOC has card holding places and a pocket on one side, mine is a Classic not a Boy WOC and maybe that makes a difference. I saw a girl carrying the Marmont version of the Gucci WOC and it was so very pretty, I loved the leather. Good luck deciding. (Sometimes in similar dilemmas I imagine that both bags are in front of me and I can take one of them, the one you would take in that scenario lets you know the one you really want).

I have a blooms Dionysis WOC and I love it! I also have a Chanel patent WOC. The main difference I see is that my Chanel has one main area, whereas the Gucci WOC has sections. So you can carry a lot, it just has to be put into each section rather than one little makeup bag. I love my Gucci and I seem to wear it more than my Chanel. But, of course Chanel will always be a classic.
Hope that helps:smile:
My Chanel WOC has card holding places and a pocket on one side, mine is a Classic not a Boy WOC and maybe that makes a difference. I saw a girl carrying the Marmont version of the Gucci WOC and it was so very pretty, I loved the leather. Good luck deciding. (Sometimes in similar dilemmas I imagine that both bags are in front of me and I can take one of them, the one you would take in that scenario lets you know the one you really want).

Thank you both for the replies and information! I went in today to try on both the Chanel and Gucci wocs and I absolutely loved the Dionysus woc. It holds so much and the leather seems very beautiful and carefree. So far the plan is to save up for the Gucci woc and then maybe in the future I will go for a full sized Chanel bag :smile:

Thank you both for the replies and information! I went in today to try on both the Chanel and Gucci wocs and I absolutely loved the Dionysus woc. It holds so much and the leather seems very beautiful and carefree. So far the plan is to save up for the Gucci woc and then maybe in the future I will go for a full sized Chanel bag :smile:
They are fantastic. And they hold so much more than the Chanel woc

Reactions: maianh_96
I am loving what Gucci is doing at the moment, but Chanel is a classic and will never go out of style. This is my main reason for sitting on the fence when it comes to Gucci, I really want the Dionysus and marmont but I am worried it will be a dated bag one day.

^^ some of the more outrageous and detailed pieces maybe over sooner than others - but the more classic colours and styles can't go wrong in my view.
To sweat over every beautiful thing as 'getting old soon' would be like watching a beautiful girl for signs of crows feet.
The Dionysus feature in the plain leather style bags is merely the buckle style closure. I don't find that especially OTT.
While it is worth considering longevity of fashion items depending on your style, the goods are not made out of cast bronze. Nor are we ourselves made out of cast bronze. We all grow and as we do our tastes and needs change. Do you really want to be rocking one wallet on chain forever? I just don't have that dedication lol. That's why I am happy to buy some more boring / classic pieces and others with a bit more personality as well.

todays purchase... gucci classic will always be evergreen. Go with what your heart ❤ says... love love the dionysis in burgundy. Sold out colour.... Went to buy the grey but SA pulled last piece and I loved against my indian skin tone...

20200914_204918.jpg

20200913_123249.jpg