Sad departure of a very beautiful bag... (go-14 malletage)

charalis

O.G.
Feb 2, 2009
I purchased this bag in April 2015 (The Positively Marvelous Puffy Malletage Club) , and have used this bag for about 4 times (attending wedding functions) till Jan 2017.

When I used it in Jan 2017; I discovered the colours are 'coming off'.

Checked with my SA about this...I was hoping they could repair this for free because obviously this is a freaking expensive bag.

Well, their response to me was... they believe it's caused by wear & tear... (wt*) and according to their LV repair Centre- they have not received nor heard on this kind of issue from any other GO-14 bags.

Anyway, since this is a LE bag- they can't repair the bag as they how would on the permanent collections. And this bag is no longer in production; thus I can't get a replacement either.

However, My SA went through the trouble to discuss with their store GM where they would exchange the bag for store credit should I wish to return it.

Well, after few months of considerations; whether to keep or exchange .....
Today, I have decided to exchange it...
With heavy hearted, I have packed the bag as how I have received it, to be returned to LV ...

Here are some the final shots of the bag before letting it go...

IMG_1493435384.084353.jpgIMG_1493435399.910080.jpgIMG_1493435424.993458.jpgIMG_1493435441.994513.jpgIMG_1493435461.521620.jpg
(The colours 'coming off' on front flap corners)
IMG_1493435503.786639.jpg
(Front flap corner- colour 'coming off')

IMG_1493435600.998070.jpg
(Colors 'coming off' from where the strap is resting)
IMG_1493435669.462285.jpg
(The crease lines)
IMG_1493435709.037630.jpgIMG_1493435735.888311.jpg
(Some 'white' paint from bag sticked to the strap'

Last edited:
IMG_1493436831.741224.jpgIMG_1493436857.761216.jpgIMG_1493436878.053438.jpg
(Even the side tab to hold the strap in place- has white colours sticking to it)
IMG_1493437110.270181.jpg
(Even the side tab to hold the strap in place- has white colours sticking to it)
IMG_1493437135.274293.jpg
(Can see 'white' dot on the blue leather tab)

Such a gorgeous bag! Sorry this has happened. However, at least they are letting you exchange for store credit. I've often times thought about if this happened to one of my favorite bags and how I would react if I couldn't get a replacement, but could get store credit. It's sad, but you get to now try something else and not pay more (of course unless it is more than your credit) and it's brand new. And maybe you'll love the new piece more. Still feel for you though:sad:

Such a gorgeous bag! Sorry this has happened. However, at least they are letting you exchange for store credit. I've often times thought about if this happened to one of my favorite bags and how I would react if I couldn't get a replacement, but could get store credit. It's sad, but you get to now try something else and not pay more (of course unless it is more than your credit) and it's brand new. And maybe you'll love the new piece more. Still feel for you though:sad:

Thank you....

I'm so sorry to hear about this, especially since the bag had a lot of value to you which makes it all the more difficult. I'm sentimentally attached to my things so I understand how bad it can hurt, but at least, if there's a silver lining to be had, you got to enjoy the experience of owning and using this bag for a while and that LV is willing to offer you credit. Now you can have the fun of shopping and falling in love all over again.

Reactions: j19
I'm so sorry to hear about this, especially since the bag had a lot of value to you which makes it all the more difficult. I'm sentimentally attached to my things so I understand how bad it can hurt, but at least, if there's a silver lining to be had, you got to enjoy the experience of owning and using this bag for a while and that LV is willing to offer you credit. Now you can have the fun of shopping and falling in love all over again.

Yes. Was very disappointed at first... on the other hand, kinda look forward for the shopping now . :smile:

Reactions: MaggieMayDo
I purchased this bag in April 2015 (The Positively Marvelous Puffy Malletage Club) , and have used this bag for about 4 times (attending wedding functions) till Jan 2017.

When I used it in Jan 2017; I discovered the colours are 'coming off'.

Checked with my SA about this...I was hoping they could repair this for free because obviously this is a freaking expensive bag.

Well, their response to me was... they believe it's caused by wear & tear... (wt*) and according to their LV repair Centre- they have not received nor heard on this kind of issue from any other GO-14 bags.

Anyway, since this is a LE bag- they can't repair the bag as they how would on the permanent collections. And this bag is no longer in production; thus I can't get a replacement either.

However, My SA went through the trouble to discuss with their store GM where they would exchange the bag for store credit should I wish to return it.

Well, after few months of considerations; whether to keep or exchange .....
Today, I have decided to exchange it...
With heavy hearted, I have packed the bag as how I have received it, to be returned to LV ...

Here are some the final shots of the bag before letting it go...

View attachment 3682606View attachment 3682608View attachment 3682611View attachment 3682612View attachment 3682613
(The colours 'coming off' on front flap corners)
View attachment 3682614
(Front flap corner- colour 'coming off')

View attachment 3682616
(Colors 'coming off' from where the strap is resting)
View attachment 3682617
(The crease lines)
View attachment 3682618View attachment 3682619
(Some 'white' paint from bag sticked to the strap'
I'm really sorry for you, but you didn't have another choice than bringing the bag back.
Hope you'll find a new one you love as much :smile:

Sorry for hearing this. May I ask do you notice any other problem with this bag except the color coming off?

There's no other problem with this bag except for the colour... I guess I wouldn't have this problem if it's in a solid colour...
but then , you would think it would be made in a good quality based on the amount of $$ paid for this..

I anticipated minor colour transfer might occurred from the clothing (But i always wear light colored clothing) because it's white..

But never would I expect the blue colors to be coming / peeling/ flaking off...

Now kinda looks like a 'knock off' quality bag up close...

Last edited:
Reactions: luvrose
There's no other problem with this bag except for the colour... I guess I wouldn't have this problem if it's in a solid colour...
but then , you would think it would be made in a good quality based on the amount of $$ paid for this..

I anticipated minor colour transfer might occurred from the clothing (But i always wear light colored clothing) because it's white..

But never would I expect the blue colors to be coming / peeling/ flaking off...

Now kinda looks like a 'knock off' quality bag up close...
High price = good quality is no more a warranty.