She's Back - (follow-up to "Personalization A Cautionary Tale")

Jan 29, 2008
To anyone who has wondered whether or not personalization can be removed. The answer is "yes." However, there may be restrictions, it can take up to a few months and will cost you. I believe $165.00 to be exact. I know because I originally had stripes on my bag in conjunction with initials. That was until I noticed cracking and peeling a few months after having it personalized. If you want to know the story read my initial post. In any event, when my bag went in for repair, I requested the stripes be removed (at no charge) because at the end of the day I saw a preview of just how funky personalization looks once it goes south. I personally like the initials and feel it makes a bolder statement. I was also reimbursed for the original cost of the stripes.

As for customer service I received, I am here to say my experience was a wonderful one. The SA's at Beverly Hills were wonderful and accommodating every step of the way. While it did take a bit longer, at the end of the day the end result was well worth the wait. The only complaint I have is that the workshop apparently lost my dust bag, which Goyard has agreed to replace.

So there you have it. While not every experience is going to be as grand, I will give credit where credit is due that Goyard took full responsibility and made a very obvious wrong very right.

Goyard.JPG

So glad it worked out! Did the removal of the stripes leave any residue or take off any of the chevrons? I just wonder how they managed to remove it without affecting the pattern underneath the stripes.