High end jeans...which brand should I go with?

jenily

Apr 5, 2017
I am looking to purchase a pair of high end jeans. I have a pair of Citizens of Humanity jeans and love them but I have heard they stretch like crazy and don't want to keep investing in them if they do that. Which brand does little to no stretch and makes you look amazing?

I am looking to purchase a pair of high end jeans. I have a pair of Citizens of Humanity jeans and love them but I have heard they stretch like crazy and don't want to keep investing in them if they do that. Which brand does little to no stretch and makes you look amazing?
Best to get to a store and try a bunch on for *your* body. Every brand has a huge selection of styles/cuts, fabric content, washes. You say you have COH but "heard they stretch like crazy" - do yours? Look at fabric content, the higher the cotton percentage, *typically* the less they tend to stretch.

For me, I like Paige, Hudson, AG. YMMV. I also just found a great pair of white jeans (that aren't see through, finally!) at Loft!

Reactions: cafecreme15
I agree with what redney said! Definitely try them on and don't become married to the idea of wanting to buy from a certain brand. Personally, my jeans are all Hudson, Frame, AG, J Brand, Paige, Rag & Bone, and L'agence. Some styles stretch more than others. Depends on the cut and fabric as well.

Jeans are like the hardest thing to buy... as the other TPF member said, you have to try many pairs before you find something suitable. I'd go as far as to say, that even two pairs the same size from the same brand could have a slightly different fit. I find buying my jeans one of the most time consuming fashion purchases, I wrote a whole blog post about it.

Funny you should ask that question just at this time... I was watching a program where stylist and former fashion editor Stacy London appeared. She addressed this very issue and recommended to check the fabric content on the label. She went on to say that 2% lycra and 98% cotton seemed to be the "ideal" combination... just enough stretch for the jean to move with you, without stretching out and becoming baggy. I think I should go check my jeans to see if this is the "magic formula." :smile: Good luck shopping!

Reactions: Pollie-Jean
Thanks for the replies! I guess what I am looking for in you opinion is which brand of high end jeans have the least minimal stretch? :smile:
As we mentioned above, there is nothing really consistent from brand to brand. It is really dependent on the styles within a brand. So I wouldn't want to tell you "Hudson has the least stretch" because the styles I own might be different from the ones you seek out, and the styles you seek out might be stretchier. Really, the best thing to do is go to a store with a large selection and try on different styles and different brands.

I agree with the others who said to try on ALL brands to see what works for your body. Nordstrom should have all the good ones available and you can just make a day of it. :amuse: For me, I've tried many different designers and I found my "glass slipper" jeans in AG (Adriano Goldschmied). They have stretch to them but don't get baggy, they have great, on-trend washes/styles/fits, and they make my bum look GREAT which is always a plus! :giggle: I think it's the back pocket placement? Magic? I don't know, they're just the bomb! Also, I'm tall and they're the perfect length and for petites they have shorter inseams in their "Ankle" style.

Good luck on your search!

I think OP is asking about the quality , specifically the quality of the material, not about the fit of the jeans. She said she didn't want to invest in jeans which would lose their shape in a short period of time. E.g. Which brand has the best material which will stand the test of washing etc.
Of course fit needs to be considered too but that's another topic.

Reactions: jenily
Thanks for the replies! I guess what I am looking for in you opinion is which brand of high end jeans have the least minimal stretch? :smile:
Paige jeans don't Loose their shape and are pretty comfortable. I have a pair of skinnies which I washed inside out and they have retained their fit, round the knees especially, which tends to be the first place to get that awful buggy look.

Agree there is a lot of variation within a given brand. I bought a pair of AG jeans; fabric: 29% cotton 69% viscose 2% polyurethane. I washed them once and dried them in the dryer. Although I don't usually put my premium jeans in the dryer, the label instructions said you could. The material was soft and they got so baggy I took them back.
I recently got a pair of Paige jeans that are 98% cotton. They're my current favorites.