Is this "Edition Vendome" pendant in lapis lazuli?

chiaoapple

O.G.
Sep 27, 2006
Hi all, appreciate your view on whether the pendant is lapis lazuli. It is described as such, and has an authenticity card dated this year with the handwritten notation of "Edition Vendome" written on the card. The blue "Vendome" pendants I have seen on this forum seem to all be sevres porcelain, so it would be very, very helpful if someone can give their opinion based on the photos. Obviously I understand it may be difficult to say conclusively just based on just photos, but any opinions from you lovely TPFers will be great. Thanks so much!

upload_2017-4-26_16-30-22.png
upload_2017-4-26_16-35-5.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-26_16-30-3.png
    upload_2017-4-26_16-30-3.png
    235.7 KB · Views: 1,086
Hi all, appreciate your view on whether the pendant is lapis lazuli. It is described as such, and has an authenticity card dated this year with the handwritten notation of "Edition Vendome" written on the card. The blue "Vendome" pendants I have seen on this forum seem to all be sevres porcelain, so it would be very, very helpful if someone can give their opinion based on the photos. Obviously I understand it may be difficult to say conclusively just based on just photos, but any opinions from you lovely TPFers will be great. Thanks so much!

View attachment 3679563
View attachment 3679567
The special porcelain pendant sold only in Paris is larger than the regular vintage pendants.
It's difficult to tell from the photos but this looks like porcelain to me.
The limited edition porcelain pendant is beautiful.

Reactions: HADASSA

View attachment 3679563
View attachment 3679567

The special porcelain pendant sold only in Paris is larger than the regular vintage pendants.

Adding to what TGG already identified, Lapis Lazuli, in its purest form, may not have the gold-coloured pyrite flecks.

But the "Vendome Edition" is definitely Bleu Sevres Porcelain.

I find when information is conflicting, I tend to feel uncomfortable purchasing from that source.

With recent discussion about adjusting bracelet lengths, was wondering if you all had any thoughts on if my sweet Alhambra 6 motif is too long? I got my 5 motif adjusted (took out about 4 links) but didn't bother with my 6 motif! How low do your bracelets usually hang?View attachment 3677403

Adding to what TGG already identified, Lapis Lazuli, in its purest form, may not have the gold-coloured pyrite flecks.

But the "Vendome Edition" is definitely Bleu Sevres Porcelain.

I find when information is conflicting, I tend to feel uncomfortable purchasing from that source.

Thanks so much dears, for answering my question! Yes, I feel the person is not herself familiar with the pendant, which also makes me uncomfortable!

I am a Van Cleef newb. Can someone please explain to me why the porcelain pieces cost more considering porcelain is not a gemstone? I know these are limited pieces which obviously add to the cost.

View attachment 3679563
View attachment 3679567
This pendant appears to be lapis lazuli but I am confused as to what they are selling. I would be careful..........