Iridescent Boy Wallet in Goat

I love the look of this leather ! What kind of leather is this ? (Is it goat from the thread title)? It looks not too grainy like a caviar but not too soft like Lambskin neither, somewhere in between.

I love the look of this leather ! What kind of leather is this ? (Is it goat from the thread title)? It looks not too grainy like a caviar but not too soft like Lambskin neither, somewhere in between.

Yes it's goatskin! I was going for caviar as Lambskin is too soft but this was the perfect in between. [emoji5]

We had this bag in the US in cruise 2016. This seems to be almost exactly the same as the leather of the rainbow hardware iridescent goatskin bags release that season. If you look (or take photo) while pointing your camera from right to left, you will see green or gray. if you point/take your photo from right of bag toward left, you will see purplish hue. it's how they applied the paint I think. Your particular wallet color released in asia this season seems to be a bit darker than the purple we had during Cruise 16 though, and the difference is also it seems like this is with silver/light gold hardware? it's THE BEST leather - you will love it. very durable, looks GREAT, and feels so good. :smile: Did they release bags in this leather in asia? if so - sweep them up without hesitation :lol:

My boy bag in this leather and color is one of my very favorite Chanel bag amongst my collection (I won't lie, the rainbow hardware further ups the fun factor and makes me happy each time). Here's a few photos of my bag with photos taken from the left vs right side which shows what I meant above. Enjoy and have fun with this FUN and gorgeous bag!

See colors of photos below... it's the same bag :smile:

20151017_155203_resized.jpg 20151017_155242_resized_1.jpg

Reactions: janellec
We had this bag in the US in cruise 2016. This seems to be almost exactly the same as the leather of the rainbow hardware iridescent goatskin bags release that season. If you look (or take photo) while pointing your camera from right to left, you will see green or gray. if you point/take your photo from right of bag toward left, you will see purplish hue. it's how they applied the paint I think. Your particular wallet color released in asia this season seems to be a bit darker than the purple we had during Cruise 16 though, and the difference is also it seems like this is with silver/light gold hardware? it's THE BEST leather - you will love it. very durable, looks GREAT, and feels so good. :smile: Did they release bags in this leather in asia? if so - sweep them up without hesitation :lol:

My boy bag in this leather and color is one of my very favorite Chanel bag amongst my collection (I won't lie, the rainbow hardware further ups the fun factor and makes me happy each time). Here's a few photos of my bag with photos taken from the left vs right side which shows what I meant above. Enjoy and have fun with this FUN and gorgeous bag!

See colors of photos below... it's the same bag :smile:

View attachment 3680707 View attachment 3680708

Thanks for the very detailed reply! Yes my leather is a lot darker and the iridescent isn't as obvious, which was what I was going for.

I'm not sure about bags in this leather as I haven't been able to head down to a boutique yet! My fiancé got this for me when he was overseas. Mine is with silver hardware. This leather is already feeling great though!

I'm so impressed by his taste as I couldn't tell it was iridescent from his photos. Pleasant surprise while unboxing indeed [emoji5]