Who likes this bag??

@Bijouxlady I've been considering the Gucci Tian Padlock Shoulder Bag for some time now and have tried on both sizes at the store. For me, the painted designs are equally stunning on both sizes and I can understand why you're having such a hard time deciding between the two :confused1:. For a while, I was set on getting the bigger sized version partly because I thought it looked more like a painting when compared to the smaller bag, which seemed less well composed. But in the end, I think I might still go for the smaller version :amuse:. When I took a closer look at the bag in store, I noticed that the painted design on the smaller bag appeared more even spread across the canvas, whereas the larger sized version showed off a lot more of the GG coated canvas print. Another consideration was the actual weight of the bags. Personally, I find Gucci's new collection with the gold chains very well made but a bit on the heavier size too. Although I liked that the bigger purse has ample space for all my stuff, I think it would be awfully heavy once filled :doh:. If you haven't already, I'd highly recommend that you visit your Gucci store and just pick up the bag to have a feel for it. As much as the painted design is important in helping with your purchasing decision, I think the size and weight of the bag needs to be factored in just as well :smile:

They are equally striking. Anything with a chain strap will be much heavier without anything even in it so it would end up being a bag I wouldnt use very often. Chain straps tend to dig into your shoulder after awhile too while carrying. I really want a SLG in this print, it's so pretty. If your going to go for one, go for the big one. Those orange buds are eye catching and look like art.

Which size do you think looks best? I tried them on & the larger size works better for my stuff but I agree that it is heavier. I don't think it would be a bag I would carry all the time. More for special occasions.
I haven't had the opportunity to try them on, but I was looking at the smaller one, as I'd use it as more of an occasion bag. I adore the Tian print, and would carry it with neutrals, solids, denim... I think it'd be perfect for weekend use, dinner out, just a fun bag! I'd use the larger as a daily bag too, but the print may clash with
Which size do you think looks best? I tried them on & the larger size works better for my stuff but I agree that it is heavier. I don't think it would be a bag I would carry all the time. More for special occasions.
I think they're both beautiful, but I especially like the larger one. I'd use this as a daily bag during Spring/ Summer, as well as for dinner out, and certain occasions...I like the idea of extra space for things like sunglasses, etc.. for me, the smaller size would be more of a going out bag, or just for certain occasions, as you mentioned. This print is my all time favorite.

Reactions: Bijouxlady
I haven't had the opportunity to try them on, but I was looking at the smaller one, as I'd use it as more of an occasion bag. I adore the Tian print, and would carry it with neutrals, solids, denim... I think it'd be perfect for weekend use, dinner out, just a fun bag! I'd use the larger as a daily bag too, but the print may clash with
I think they're both beautiful, but I especially like the larger one. I'd use this as a daily bag during Spring/ Summer, as well as for dinner out, and certain occasions...I like the idea of extra space for things like sunglasses, etc.. for me, the smaller size would be more of a going out bag, or just for certain occasions, as you mentioned. This print is my all time favorite.
Those are all great comments. I don't have anything in the Gucci print so this might be a way to do that. I wonder if it might be too trendy with the painting on it though??