My first mini!

hollyyih

O.G.
Aug 31, 2006
I've been wanting a Mini for a while, but I know they're hard to find. I'd been looking here in the States without much luck. So wasn't really hoping when we went on our trip to Amsterdam that I'd get lucky and find one... BUT I was!

The SA told me that they had just received them that morning. I got to look at 4 square minis: a yellow caviar chevron, a black caviar chevron, a so black quilted calf (?). I wasn't a fan of the yellow and wasn't looking for another black bag, but the so black was pretty tempting... I ended up with something else and it's a perfect pop of color.

IMG_2211.JPG IMG_2212.JPG IMG_2213.JPG

I love the bag, ever since I ssw the bright mini chevron this season, I've been wanting one! So glad I got this beauty!

Unfortunately, there was a slight hiccup. The bag had a loose stitch. I went back to the store the next day, but they hear already sold all the Minis. The SA reassured me they would repair it for me. Considering the savings of ~700 USD prior to VAT return (factoring in the sales tax here), I decided to repair once I got back to the States.

IMG_2231.JPG

I went to the Chanel Boutique once I was gone and the process was seamless. They even promised me they would try to rush it since I just bought it a week ago. The repair usually takes 4-6 weeks. I just got it back yesterday, about 18 days after I sent it off. It came back just as good as new!

The SA in the States was like... You got this for the price of a WOC here!

IMG_2688.JPG

The color is darker due to being in the shade with a bright background. So glad I get to use it in such a beautiful Spring day!

Thanks for letting me share!

Last edited:
I also picked up a few SLGs...

IMG_2507.JPG

Green is my favorite color and I love chevron! I was looking for colorful accessories and this more than fit the bill. I also saved approx ~90 USD before VAT.

IMG_2689.JPG

I also got this charcoal caviar card holder. I was wanting something even smaller to use in my tiny bags! This really helps utilize the space in the mini. This was approx ~150 USD savings, which is a lot for this item!

All my savings are before VAT factoring in the sales tax if I bought the item at home, which is 10.25%. I should be getting an additional 12% back for the VAT soon (I hope!). Even if I don't, it was a great experience and I got some lovely items that I haven't been able to find at home!

Now if only I could find a small o-case or something in turquoise...

I've been wanting a Mini for a while, but I know they're hard to find. I'd been looking here in the States without much luck. So wasn't really hoping when we went on our trip to Amsterdam that I'd get lucky and find one... BUT I was!

The SA told me that they had just received them that morning. I got to look at 4 square minis: a yellow caviar chevron, a black caviar chevron, a so black quilted calf (?). I wasn't a fan of the yellow and wasn't looking for another black bag, but the so black was pretty tempting... I ended up with something else and it's a perfect pop of color.

View attachment 3675531 View attachment 3675532 View attachment 3675533

I love the bag, ever since I ssw the bright mini chevron this season, I've been wanting one! So glad I got this beauty!

Unfortunately, there was a slight hiccup. The bag had a loose stitch. I went back to the store the next day, but they hear already sold all the Minis. The SA reassured me they would repair it for me. Considering the savings of ~700 USD prior to VAT return (factoring in the sales tax here), I decided to repair once I got back to the States.

View attachment 3675534

I went to the Chanel Boutique once I was gone and the process was seamless. They even promised me they would try to rush it since I just bought it a week ago. The repair usually takes 4-6 weeks. I just got it back yesterday, about 18 days after I sent it off. It came back just as good as new!

The SA in the States was like... You got this for the price of a WOC here!

View attachment 3675535

The color is darker due to being in the shade with a bright backwards. So glad I get to use it in such a beautiful Spring day!

Thanks for letting me share!
Congrats on your gorgeous red mini & so glad they were able to fix it in 18 days!!! Nice! Lovely SLGs as well...Big Congrats!:heart::love:

Reactions: hollyyih
That red mini looks amazing on you! And i am glad they manage to fix that thread quickly for you. Talk about great service:flowers:! Thats a great start, get the square first, and later u'll find a rectangular in a different color:biggrin:? Congratulations in the amazing haul & saving too.

Congrats on your gorgeous red mini & so glad they were able to fix it in 18 days!!! Nice! Lovely SLGs as well...Big Congrats!:heart::love:

Yes! It was pretty quick, but still felt like forever! I was very happy to get it back.

That red mini looks amazing on you! And i am glad they manage to fix that thread quickly for you. Talk about great service:flowers:! Thats a great start, get the square first, and later u'll find a rectangular in a different color:biggrin:? Congratulations in the amazing haul & saving too.

Yes, I would like something in green, turquoise, or purple....! The savings if I get the VAT is almost 1k. Although the savings vary item to item, so you do need to do your homework.

Looks like you picked the perfect color[emoji173]. It looks amazing on you! Congrats on all of your goodies and glad the stitch repair was easy breezy. Enjoy all of your beauties!

Thank you!

looks beautiful on you! Congrats :smile:

Aww, so sweet of you!

You look so pretty!!!

I'm blushing...

Very pretty red mini! Congrats for getting such a pretty purse with so much savings! It's like double yay :smile: :smile:...

Can i check what's the colour of the hw? Is it light gold?

Last edited: