Mansur Gavriel Mansur Gavriel Baby Bucket Bag Review

peterpanlove

Dec 22, 2011
I couldn't find any modeling or in-hand photos of this little bag at all so I figured I'd post this in case anyone is interested! Back story, I've been looking for a specific type of small bag for a while. I carry a Longchamp Le Pliage to work every day and wanted something that would 1) be small enough to fit in there comfortably and be large enough to be a catch-all for some specific items, 2) stand up on its own so I could easily reach in and grab things, 3) have a comfortable, longish strap that would fit over my winter coat and 4) work for any and all situations and weather. I'm also very picky about what brands/aesthetics I like and I gave myself a strict budget. I tried a variety of small bags and the Eva from Louis Vuitton came closest; I do love it, it looks beautiful and withstands being thrown around in my big bag and the multi-functionality is great, but it doesn't stand up like I wanted and is kind of floppy which ended up being a deal breaker. I love MG and owned a regular Bucket Bag but it was so hard to reach into that I couldn't deal :/ since then I've craved owning another and was eyeing the Mini but kept putting it off. Then I saw the Baby and fell in love! I know it won't be everyone's (or even most people's) cup of tea but I could not be happier. I get the look of the Bucket Bag with all the size/functionality I wanted! It fits my iPhone SE, my 4 Key Holder, my Cles as well as some blotting papers and a lip balm perfectly which is all I need to grab and go, and at a great price too.

Pics!

23zgm.jpg
2i6evyp.jpg
nevy1d.jpg
34pltw6.jpg
2m454pz.jpg
9rom5h.jpg

I'm 5'4" and 175lbs (yikes) for reference, and I'm sure I'll catch some flack for rocking my bag made for babies haha but it fits my lifestyle perfectly and I love it! Hope this helps anyone :smile:

Glad you're enjoying your baby bag! I love mine. It's very functional for how tiny it is.

Another option for carrying I like to use since I sometimes find it an awkward length is I wrap it around my wrist and hold the strap if that makes sense.

Reactions: peterpanlove
Thank you so much for the mod shot!! The leather is gorgeous!!!! This looks like a perfect lunch bag to me... You know, not the one you put lunch in, but the one you carry to get lunch!!

Hi All! I just received my first MG- camello baby bucket bag with rose interior. I am usually an LV girl but have been wanted to try other designers too. I was so obsessed with the idea of this bag and didn't realize the sheer tinyness of this beauty! I do plan to get a mini mini at some point in the future. Here she is! :smile: View attachment 3675450View attachment 3675451
Bag twins! It's such a cutie!

How do you manage to get your stuff in there :shocked:

The answer is- I don't lol!! :smile: I will have to downsize from my LV Sarah Multicartes to a card holder. Then could also for my key holder, lipstick and that's about it. I have an iPhone 7 so no way that's fitting in there, but I typically carry in my pants pocket anyhow. :smile: right now I carry an LV nano Speedy and it is only half full! Like OP- I carry a tote to work and place my mini bag inside that I'll use for lunch or for errands on the weekend. This system works well for me. :smile: and I adore little things. [emoji7]