Please Help Me Decide Which VCA Piece....

luckylove

O.G.
Sep 5, 2012
Hi ladies! I need your advice on which piece you prefer. I am trying to decide between the 6 motif magic alhambra necklace, the white gold pave frivole pendant, or the small vintage alhambra pave earrings. I am looking for easy pieces that I can wear often, but that still have impact. What do you all think? It will be a present to mark a special occasion. I look forward to hearing your expert opinions! :smile:

Hi ladies! I need your advice on which piece you prefer. I am trying to decide between the 6 motif magic alhambra necklace, the white gold pave frivole pendant, or the small vintage alhambra pave earrings. I am looking for easy pieces that I can wear often, but that still have impact. What do you all think? It will be a present to mark a special occasion. I look forward to hearing your expert opinions! :smile:
Either the earrings or the pendant.
Which one do you feel you would wear most often?
I would recommend earrings...

Hi! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. i know that i would wear both of those quite often. The issue I think that i am having is that I have pieces that may serve the same function as the earrings and the pendant so I think my dh feels like they might be redundant?? I have always loved those two options; if I were purchasing it for myself, no doubt that i would chose the pendant or vintage earrings. i know my DH wants to feel like he is buying something rather different from what I currently own...

Last edited:
Hi! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. i know that i would wear both of those quite often. The issue I think that i am having is that I have pieces that may serve the same function as the earrings and the pendant so I think my dh feels like they might be redundant?? I have always loved those two options; if I were purchasing it for myself, no doubt that i would chose the pendant or vintage earrings. i know my DH wants to feel like he is buying something rather different from what I currently own...

LL, the best way to choose it to be able to try on the pieces.

Sometimes things that look good on someone else may not be for you. The six-motifs Magic necklace might be a bit of a tricky piece to wear, depending on the neckline and may not be as versatile. With that said, it is unusual though ;)

Reactions: texasgirliegirl
LL, the best way to choose it to be able to try on the pieces.

Sometimes things that look good on someone else may not be for you. The six-motifs Magic necklace might be a bit of a tricky piece to wear, depending on the neckline and may not be as versatile. With that said, it is unusual though ;)

Hi Hadassa!

I have tried each of the pieces on at the boutique and really liked all of them. There is something very special about the way the frivole necklace sits on the neck. It's a beautiful, graceful looking pendant. I have loved it for a long time, but I own other diamond pendants, so my dh is less excited about it since it doesn't feel different enough to him. From a practical standpoint, i understand his thinking because I am not one to collect a ton of jewelry. I tend to lean toward simple, minimal jewelry, but add one statement piece like a bold cuff.

Hi Hadassa!

I have tried each of the pieces on at the boutique and really liked all of them. There is something very special about the way the frivole necklace sits on the neck. It's a beautiful, graceful looking pendant. I have loved it for a long time, but I own other diamond pendants, so my dh is less excited about it since it doesn't feel different enough to him. From a practical standpoint, i understand his thinking because I am not one to collect a ton of jewelry. I tend to lean toward simple, minimal jewelry, but add one statement piece like a bold cuff.

Then I can see you choosing the 6-motifs Magic necklace as your statement piece, especially seeing that the other two pieces don't bring anything new to your collection.

Then I can see you choosing the 6-motifs Magic necklace as your statement piece, especially seeing that the other two pieces don't bring anything new to your collection.

Thanks, Hadassa for your advice! I know that is the piece my DH loves the most, for sure... Of course, he won't be the one wearing it! :smile:
I do think it may be a bit trickier to pull off and that is something to consider. In the end, It is probably hard to go wrong with any of the choices!

Thanks, Hadassa for your advice! I know that is the piece my DH loves the most, for sure... Of course, he won't be the one wearing it! :smile:
I do think it may be a bit trickier to pull off and that is something to consider. In the end, It is probably hard to go wrong with any of the choices!
Please post pics if you have any :flowers:

I watch Maria Bartiromo on Fox in the mornings specifically to see the VCA pieces she wears. She has the 6 motif necklace and it looks nice with a variety of necklines. I was surprised at how versatile it is. I am considering it for myself. I have also seen pics of Kelly Rutherford wearing it very causally with jeans and it looks great. It is quite special.

Recently, she added the 20 motif wg/pave necklace. I nearly dropped my coffee. Stunning.

It is draw dropping, right?? Thank you for your input on the versatility of the magic necklace. It does reassure me more. A few of of our TPF members have this piece and they wear it beautifully as well. You have to keep us all posted on what you decide too!! :smile: