Opinion please: One handle flap bag or Pallas bb

Missydora

O.G.
Jan 3, 2014
I need some opinions on these 2 bags. Which would you choose? They're both about the same size exterior wise.
I like both. So in a dilemma. Do any ladies have any of these by any chance.
My PM reverse is been replaced because of defect. But SA says there's a chance they may not be able to get a replacement at all. And ask if I can think of a alternative bag to get just in case.
So narrowed it down to
One handle flap bag
Pallas bb (noir)
Pallas bb (raisin)
Any feedback opinions good or bad about them will be very much appreciated. 2017-04-22 13.02.28.jpg 2017-04-22 13.03.37.jpg 2017-04-22 14.34.47.jpg

My vote is the Pallas. Raisin then black. I haven't tried on the One handle- can you open it with the bag on or does the handle get in the way?
The handle does fold down. It's not like the handle on the Croisette whereby it's fixed on a upright position. So it shouldn't get in the way when opening worn crossbody or shoulder. I like structured or semi structured bags but not too big as I'm petite. Crossbody/handle option. One flap bag is like a sophisticated version of the PM so to speak. Pallas bb looks more casual and be worn everyday. I hate dilemmas :-s

The handle does fold down. It's not like the handle on the Croisette whereby it's fixed on a upright position. So it shouldn't get in the way when opening worn crossbody or shoulder. I like structured or semi structured bags but not too big as I'm petite. Crossbody/handle option. One flap bag is like a sophisticated version of the PM so to speak. Pallas bb looks more casual and be worn everyday. I hate dilemmas :-s

Good to know about the one handle. All three are beautiful bags- you can't go wrong. Good luck!

Reactions: Missydora
I love the one handle but sadly this bag is highly counterfeited. :frown: I have seen many fakes on eBay. That gives me pause in giving this bag 100% recommendation.

A lot of the LV bags are highly counterfeited and I'm sure the Pallas and PM as well. That should be irrelevant though. I haven't seen anyone carrying the One Handle or Pallas locally.

Ironically I avoid LV mono for various reasons including this aspect but can appreciate someone liking the print. I didn't buy the One Handle despite loving it because of the mono print. Had it been leather and less flashy my wallet would have seriously been in trouble. [emoji1]

A lot of the LV bags are highly counterfeited and I'm sure the Pallas and PM as well. That should be irrelevant though. I haven't seen anyone carrying the One Handle or Pallas locally.

Ironically I avoid LV mono for various reasons including this aspect but can appreciate someone liking the print. I didn't buy the One Handle despite loving it because of the mono print. Had it been leather and less flashy my wallet would have seriously been in trouble. [emoji1]
Yes I am well aware that many LV bags are counterfeited. However, I was pointing out something that struck me, that is the rapidity with which fake one handle bags made it to eBay and the sheer volume I noticed.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Counterfeiters are always quick to copy! I saw a post where the new empreinte PM was copied before being released.

I wonder if it's the design of the One Handle itself - is it popular? I don't see a lot of discussion here about it. Could be the higher price point?

Note that I'm not a typical LV purchaser and haven't purchase any LV bag (yet) and the One Handle was the bag that really caught my attention so there is something compelling about the design itself. Looks elegant when worn.

I have also tried on the mono PM but wasn't attracted to it. I'll have to revisit the PM in empreinte now that it's in leather....trouble.

If going by looks I think the first is more elegant. The only thing is the hardware might get stratched. Scratched hardware doesn't bother me much but I know it's a deal breaker for some. The Pallas seems like it would be a great every day bag. I'd probably go for the first because it has that certain 'je ne sais quoi.' Happy shopping!

Reactions: Missydora
One handle is gorgeous and chic, but I would worry about the leather getting scratched up. It was so soft and felt good, but I could see it easily getting abrasions. I have the Pallas regular size and have really enjoyed having the outside pockets for keys or whatever. I think the BB size is perfect and LOVE the raisin color. Oh, and I wasn't in love with how thin the strap was on the one handle. Have fun deciding. Can't wait to see your reveal.