Celine belt bag

makumaku

May 15, 2014
Do you guys think the Celine belt bag in taupe is a trendy 'it' bag or do you think it's more classic?

I've been wanting to buy this bag for a few months but I'm always hesitant and want to be sure I don't fall into fads that I'll regret.

I've been wondering the same. Actually have been wanting it for a few years now and I do see less people using it as of late, but I do notice that Celine is making more colors and colorways. I do like how few that I see so it doesn't seem like everyone is using it, but I also sense that it's a bag that will surge again because Celine is making it more of a focus instead of the trapeze

Reactions: makumaku
Do you guys think the Celine belt bag in taupe is a trendy 'it' bag or do you think it's more classic?

I've been wanting to buy this bag for a few months but I'm always hesitant and want to be sure I don't fall into fads that I'll regret.

Initially, I had the same concerns as you-- I was hesitant to purchase the mini belt bag because I was worried I would eventually stop loving it and regret it. But after giving it a lot of thought I recently decided to purchase it. I'm really hoping that this bag will become a staple in my collection and that I will get a lot of use out of it because I think this bag is so classy and yet very practical for my everyday lifestyle. Good luck making your decision!

The Celine Belt bag is very classic in my opinion. It has the same feel as classic Hermes Kelly bag. The only thing you may need to consider is whether you like the flap and the closure. So if it doesn't fit your lifestyle you might find it annoying. It's a feminine looking bag too, very ladylike so if that's your taste, I'm sure you'll love it.

I am not into trendy "IT" bags and I purchased my first celine bag in Italy and I chose the Belt Bag in the light taupe color.
I am a huge fan of this bag, its lightweight and very spacious i fit a lot in this bag!
I think you should def consider buying this bag!

Reactions: sheena2015
When I see a bag I love I will always ignore trends, bloggers opinions and whether it will date. To be honest every bag will be replaced by the designers next best thing because that’s business. You should buy bags you love not what someone else loves.

PS I love all of my Céline bags whether they are deemed out of fashion or not [emoji4]

I'm new to Celine and don't have one yet, hoping to rectify that In September. I'm drawn to Celine at the moment because i feel they are stylish, classy and timeless. Except maybe the Phantom, thats the only one that really stands out to me as very noticeable Celine bag.
I think the belt bag is a classy, timeless style.

Reactions: earthygirl
I'm new to Celine and don't have one yet, hoping to rectify that In September. I'm drawn to Celine at the moment because i feel they are stylish, classy and timeless. Except maybe the Phantom, thats the only one that really stands out to me as very noticeable Celine bag.
I think the belt bag is a classy, timeless style.
When I said Phantom I think I meant Luggage! I get confused with the names.

Trendy: I don't think the belt bag is a trendy it-bag because it hasn't saturated the market and I find most people don't even know what it is. I don't see similar silhouettes or designs on other bags, so I find it very unique.
Classic: I wouldn't necessarily consider it a classic design because classic items tend to be extremely simple, while the belt bag has beautiful stand-out design characteristics like the belt. However, I also don't think it will go out of style for the simple fact that it's not 'in'. It's not high profile or saturated in the market.

I agree with the other posters that you should get it if you love it, regardless of other people's opinions or changing tastes. I bought my belt bag because I've been coveting it for 3 years, because the design is gorgeous (regardless of trends) and also because it's a low profile purse which I can bring to work.