How to shop/get a chanel bag - for newbies?

NatiB

Jan 23, 2017
Hello at all TPF-Chanel-Members,
I´m from Germany and I try since months to get my first Chanel bag, the Rectangular Mini bag in the shiny caviar leather with light gold hardware from the 17C.
I have read so many posts on your beautiful Chanel bags and I never find out, how you all buy the bags? In Germany we can´t purchase Chanel stuff online, it is only possible to get a bag in a store.
On the telephone the SA´s couldn´t say if the special bag come in store and they couldn´t order a bag from another store... so I really wonder how you all get the bags you want? What about all the types of collections? 17C , 17S ..
On the Chanel website I cant´t find or see any of the rectangular Mini bags, so how can I know, if the bag is in the next collection and in which colors or hardware ??? Why you all know this and I find only pics of the bags in this forum, from you all - and as I´m calling for availability, the bag is sold out, because I´m too late :sad:
Where do you have the details and the numbers to order a bag, if there are no pics on the website?

Sorry for my english ;) and all the questions, but this would be my first Chanel purchase and you all are experts ...and I´m confused :sad:
Can someone help?

Reactions: ezabuk
The minis are selling really fast. Best is to go to the Boutique at the day they receive the new collection. I am from Zurich and black minis are usually sold out withing 1 or 2 days. Also keep in mind, that minis are seasonal pieces and not part from the classic collection.

Reactions: Coco0214
I would say that if you do not have a SA that could reserve the bag you want for you, it is mainly good luck if you can get one.. as they sell out very fast and usually they do not take reservations without a contact with specific SA.

Well how to get a special SA then? Just visit the store often, ask the bag (sometimes you may get lucky if the delivery has just arrived) and if you want something else like earrings or a brooch get that first... then perhaps you will get a business card from one of the sales persons. Then just text or call or mail him/her and to make and keep up the relationship. Tell that the caviar mini is your dream bag and you really want it. Make sure that you will let the SA know that you are not a reseller and that you are a serious buyer - if they receive it you will buy it immediately! I believe that you could get one eventually, but at first it just takes a little more effort.

Also you can buy one from personal shoppers via IG, but usually the price is higher than in the store. GL!

Hello there. I understand your dilemma since I experienced it with my boutiques too. Came to the boutique wanting to get in the waiting list, was told there is no list. Upon the launch day was told everything is sold out. This is particularly on minis & woc in my experience as they are in demand right now. Chances of walking into boutiques and finding a black rectangular caviar is pretty steep.

I dont think chanel has an online stores yet, all are physical stores. And not all of the items in the collections will be shared in their official websites.

Your best bet is either having an establish relationship with an SA that is willing to assist you, or getting the bag via personal shopper. If you are travelling to Paris in near future, you can also drop by boutiques there too since they have better stocks of bags.

Hopefully you will be able to find your first chanel! :heart:

Last edited:
Thanks for your answers!
To get that Chanel bag is really a life task ... So I keep on holding my fingers crossed!

It is! I set my mind on a square mini in black caviar but that's also impossible to find :sad:. They don't have a waitinglist for it so what I do is just call.. every week.. I'm already 1.5 month on a waitinglist for a classic woc in caviar so it takes a lot of patience but hopefully its worth it! This will be my first chanel too!

It is! I set my mind on a square mini in black caviar but that's also impossible to find :sad:. They don't have a waitinglist for it so what I do is just call.. every week.. I'm already 1.5 month on a waitinglist for a classic woc in caviar so it takes a lot of patience but hopefully its worth it! This will be my first chanel too!

How do you managed it to put your name on a waiting list? Here in Germany we don´t have one :sad:

Just go into the store, speak to someone and they may call you. For my all black chevron I went in a couple of times spoke to the SA she took my number and called me when it came in a few days later. That was a very popular bag. Today we went in looking for all black boy they had just the one and I got it. I have been calling since last week for that bag, on the phone they said they had no stock, today tried my luck didn't bother calling in the morning. If they can tell that you are serious I think they take u seriously. It helps to find the biggest best stocked boutique around, you are more likely to find what u r looking for. Good luck

Reactions: revitalise
Just go into the store, speak to someone and they may call you. For my all black chevron I went in a couple of times spoke to the SA she took my number and called me when it came in a few days later. That was a very popular bag. Today we went in looking for all black boy they had just the one and I got it. I have been calling since last week for that bag, on the phone they said they had no stock, today tried my luck didn't bother calling in the morning. If they can tell that you are serious I think they take u seriously. It helps to find the biggest best stocked boutique around, you are more likely to find what u r looking for. Good luck
I agree with this. If they can tell you're serious about buying a certain bag, you have a better chance your dream bag.

What worked with me is doing everything you can to get that bag. Examples are:
-Call up multiple times in a week for the bag
-Give the store the style code to show you've done your research
-Stalk the TPF forum for intel of when you're bag comes into stock. This forum is gold. You will find out as soon as US or Europe gets the bag you want. That's when you call your stores everyday!
-Also some of the TPF members here are super nice! If their SA has a bag you want and they've seen you on the forums looking for this bag for awhile. They may pass on their SA details to you.

At the end of the day, I'm sure you'll get this mini with patience and perseverance. The hunt for a mini is real ahha

Thank you Ladies!
I ´ll try all your tips.
I got an answer from the Chanel Customer-Service and they told me, that there is no bag available any more from the 17C or 17S collection and that I have to look in the next collection...yeah :sad:
Do you know, where I can check this out? I mean when comes the new Collection and are there any rectangular bags offered? I´m still wondering, how you all know which bags coming out - before this are in the stores?

Thank you Ladies!
I ´ll try all your tips.
I got an answer from the Chanel Customer-Service and they told me, that there is no bag available any more from the 17C or 17S collection and that I have to look in the next collection...yeah :sad:
Do you know, where I can check this out? I mean when comes the new Collection and are there any rectangular bags offered? I´m still wondering, how you all know which bags coming out - before this are in the stores?

The next collection is prefall and it is coming soon that's why the Cruise & S/S bags are all sold out. For Pre-fall there aren't any Mini's as the Classics will come in Fall Act I which will be in a couple of months. We know so far that one department store ordered them, so the combo is going to be available, it's just a matter of which retailers & countries bought them. Just keep on top of the Fall intel threads and that should help you figure out when and if you'll be able to find one.

Reactions: Trinidawn10
The next collection is prefall and it is coming soon that's why the Cruise & S/S bags are all sold out. For Pre-fall there aren't any Mini's as the Classics will come in Fall Act I which will be in a couple of months. We know so far that one department store ordered them, so the combo is going to be available, it's just a matter of which retailers & countries bought them. Just keep on top of the Fall intel threads and that should help you figure out when and if you'll be able to find one.
Thank you so much! Now I know, that I had to wait for the Fall Act I collection and that there is a chance to get that gorgeous combo with the black shiny caviar and the lghw! jejj!!
When does in general come out the Fall Act I collection? About September? Earlier or later? So that I have a round about time to stalk :biggrin:

Thank you very much!

Thank you so much! Now I know, that I had to wait for the Fall Act I collection and that there is a chance to get that gorgeous combo with the black shiny caviar and the lghw! jejj!!
When does in general come out the Fall Act I collection? About September? Earlier or later? So that I have a round about time to stalk :biggrin:

Thank you very much!

More like July. Pre-Fall will be May-June. September -October should see Act II start to come in.