Revision two jaw at the facedental dr.lee

seoul_soon

Jun 28, 2012
Hi all
If anyone keeps track u probably know ive been to seoul several times to reach my aesthetic goal of a short face.
It has been difficult for years to find an experienced dr. To perform the surgery that i needed given my facial situation.
I have always had a long midface, maxillary excess but without a gummy smile. That means that all surgeons would not operate on me due to the irrelevance of surgery since im not your classical medical long face case.
I literally consulted with hundreds of surgeons around the world for years n years and they all said no.
Last year, i went to dr lee at the face dental and he was the most genuine and ethical dr. I have ever consulted. He keeps stressing that he is not a magician and will only help me within possible medical limits. He discussed everything with me in detail. However i couldnt book surgery with him as i couldnt take 5 weeks off of work that he requires.
Instead i went to everm. At everm the dr said he would achieve my goal of a short face by setting back my jaws but he will not cut and move my maxilla upwards. He promised his technique will achieve my goal and i only need to stay for 4 weeks. I went ahead with surgery and all went well. Fast forward a year later i do see a change in my facial height but not how i imagined. I came back again to TFD to consult with dr lee for a revision since this time i can stay for 5 weeks. He went over in DETAIL what hes going to do, what r the limits, what are the outcomes, pros and cons and literally consulted with me 3 different times because he wanted to make sure i know what im going into and for me to decide on mt own with no pressure. After my third consultation i decided on surgery. I like dr lee cuz hes ethical with morals. He cares about his patients and is not money hungry. I went inti surgery 4 days ago. The first 3 days SUCKED. I couldnt breathe and it was just uncomfortanle, but i was ready cuz i experienced it before. Today was my first post op consult and things look good. Im still swollen ofcourse but from what i can see is that my face is significantly shorter and my smile is not affected as much as i thought it would be, i can stilll see my teeth thankfully. Ill update as time goes by

Wow you're very brave for under going two - jaw twice. Glad everything worked out!
Did you experience any numbness from the first jaw surgery?
Hi thanks! It is a quite difficult recovery. Yes right part of my lower lip, small part, still numb dr lee said it was due to my bone being thin and cutting through it thr first time had to go throught the main nerve

Hi seoul_soon
Which surgeons did you consult with around the world for this problem?
I have a severe long midface and don't want to be rejected. Did the Face Dental say that they would move up the jaw?

Ah OK so I thought you meant you went to EverM only.

So, you went to EverM first and then The Face Dental second?

I need revision genioplasty and 2 jaw (first time). I was offered only maxilliary impaction and bone graft in my home country, but I have asymmetry which causes problems with my dentition. I'm caucasian, BTW.

Would you say the result is dramatically shorter than your before?

Ah OK so I thought you meant you went to EverM only.

So, you went to EverM first and then The Face Dental second?

I need revision genioplasty and 2 jaw (first time). I was offered only maxilliary impaction and bone graft in my home country, but I have asymmetry which causes problems with my dentition. I'm caucasian, BTW.

Would you say the result is dramatically shorter than your before?
Did u read my post thoroughly? Yes i want to everm and the dr moved back my upper and lower jaw, this decreased my facial shape but not alot. My second surgery with facedental moved my upper jaw upwards to shorten my midface. My lower jaw automatically swung upwards too. Im still very swollen. I do see some change but cannot confirm drastic shortening till im not swollen anymore. Im caucasian too

Reactions: Yumigumi
@seoul_soon I missed the TFD part. Sorry. I didn't see that one.

The doctor I saw in my country said that I would need a mid face lift after maxilliary impaction surgery. I think most people are OK without one though.

Yeah I was told the lower jaw rotates upwards. You can have rotation surgery to do this as well.

The amount of tissue sagging depends on ur skin type and amount of bone removed(this depends on the drs expeeience). The most important issue is the lip position and tooth show pre and post op. From what i can see now, my teeth still show thankfully and no sagging. My skin type is thick though, thankfully as my type of skin doesnt sag or wrinkle easily. Dr lee has lots of experience with two jaw, both local and international patients. If u consult with him he will tell u truthfully wat can be done and what cannot including the risks.

I guess a lip lift might be needed for some people (i need a revision one) so I am not that bothered about tooth show, more about short face, then I can correct the tooth show later.

Thanks, I will contact them.

Reactions: demonize
Hi all
If anyone keeps track u probably know ive been to seoul several times to reach my aesthetic goal of a short face.
It has been difficult for years to find an experienced dr. To perform the surgery that i needed given my facial situation.
I have always had a long midface, maxillary excess but without a gummy smile. That means that all surgeons would not operate on me due to the irrelevance of surgery since im not your classical medical long face case.
I literally consulted with hundreds of surgeons around the world for years n years and they all said no.
Last year, i went to dr lee at the face dental and he was the most genuine and ethical dr. I have ever consulted. He keeps stressing that he is not a magician and will only help me within possible medical limits. He discussed everything with me in detail. However i couldnt book surgery with him as i couldnt take 5 weeks off of work that he requires.
Instead i went to everm. At everm the dr said he would achieve my goal of a short face by setting back my jaws but he will not cut and move my maxilla upwards. He promised his technique will achieve my goal and i only need to stay for 4 weeks. I went ahead with surgery and all went well. Fast forward a year later i do see a change in my facial height but not how i imagined. I came back again to TFD to consult with dr lee for a revision since this time i can stay for 5 weeks. He went over in DETAIL what hes going to do, what r the limits, what are the outcomes, pros and cons and literally consulted with me 3 different times because he wanted to make sure i know what im going into and for me to decide on mt own with no pressure. After my third consultation i decided on surgery. I like dr lee cuz hes ethical with morals. He cares about his patients and is not money hungry. I went inti surgery 4 days ago. The first 3 days SUCKED. I couldnt breathe and it was just uncomfortanle, but i was ready cuz i experienced it before. Today was my first post op consult and things look good. Im still swollen ofcourse but from what i can see is that my face is significantly shorter and my smile is not affected as much as i thought it would be, i can stilll see my teeth thankfully. Ill update as time goes by
Is there any chance you could share before and after pictures? I'm in the same boat as you being Caucasian with a long midface and a narrow jaw. I really want it shortened but am worried about losing my upper tooth show which is perfect atm. I don't have any excess gummy smile either! Do you feel or see any changes in your nose and soft tissue yet? I wish you the best in recovery and hoping to see your results :smile: :smile:

Is there any chance you could share before and after pictures? I'm in the same boat as you being Caucasian with a long midface and a narrow jaw. I really want it shortened but am worried about losing my upper tooth show which is perfect atm. I don't have any excess gummy smile either! Do you feel or see any changes in your nose and soft tissue yet? I wish you the best in recovery and hoping to see your results :smile: :smile:
Hi, yes send me your email ill send you my pics when the wires come off on tuesday. Yes my nose got a bit wider but the dr already warned me that it will happen