Paris trip in April: Which Goyard to buy?

Stregahorn

O.G.
Feb 1, 2013
I'm headed to Paris for the last two weeks of April as a belated birthday present to myself. I'm trying to decide which bags to buy. I currently have a black Jeanne GM I got there in November 15, a grey Bellechasse PM (not the redesigned version) I got there in November 16, and a green Grenelle also purchased there in November 16.

I really love the Saigon. I think it looks stunning in Black and Red. I also like the limited edition 233. There is just so much to choose from. Any suggestions based on the bags you have?

I am waiting until the beginning of April, and then I will e-mail Goyard Paris and get an idea of their inventory and updated prices. I am so torn. So many options. Last trip, I bought a Bellechasse PM (the old style), and I love the bag. My first Goyard was a Jeanne GM. I was really upset that they discontinued that.

Rather than going with the Saigon or even the 233, I may go with a St. Louis and either another Bellechasse, but in the new design, or a Belvedere. Too many options! I wish I knew what all models they still had after all the discontinuations. Has anyone posted a full survey here yet?

I don't think anyone has made a list of which models are available presently bc Goyard seems to keep things under wraps, and inventory seems to vary day to day. So, it's difficult to know without having an insider at the main Goyard store in Paris.

I don't think anyone has made a list of which models are available presently bc Goyard seems to keep things under wraps, and inventory seems to vary day to day. So, it's difficult to know without having an insider at the main Goyard store in Paris.

Yes, inventory changes daily at 233. However, it'd be nice to have a full listing of models still in prod and those that have been discontinued.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I can tell you that every time I carry my Saigon bag I'm always stopped by people raving about it and wanting one once they see mine.
It surprises me only because there are 3 places where you can buy Goyard in this city, so it's not like no one sees them being carried.

I am waiting until the beginning of April, and then I will e-mail Goyard Paris and get an idea of their inventory and updated prices. I am so torn. So many options. Last trip, I bought a Bellechasse PM (the old style), and I love the bag. My first Goyard was a Jeanne GM. I was really upset that they discontinued that.

Rather than going with the Saigon or even the 233, I may go with a St. Louis and either another Bellechasse, but in the new design, or a Belvedere. Too many options! I wish I knew what all models they still had after all the discontinuations. Has anyone posted a full survey here yet?

Hi Hi!!! i'm new to this forum, saw your thread. There are so much excitement in this forum and every read just sets my heart leaping faster and faster!!! hehehe...

I'm going to Paris in May and am anticipating the trip to Goyard store too. I'm set on the Belvedere MM myself as I can't imagine the excitement that I will have while I'm there!!!

By the way, did you email to Goyard and if they reply any of your enquires?

Hi Hi!!! i'm new to this forum, saw your thread. There are so much excitement in this forum and every read just sets my heart leaping faster and faster!!! hehehe...

I'm going to Paris in May and am anticipating the trip to Goyard store too. I'm set on the Belvedere MM myself as I can't imagine the excitement that I will have while I'm there!!!

I did not email Goyard this time. Though every time I have in the past, they have been very responsive and helpful. The main reason I did not email them this time is I wanted to just be able to browse and make a decision.

Last time I was there (last November), I was looking at the Belvedere, though the PM, as I wanted a cross body. I really liked it, but I fell in love with the Bellechasse PM, so that is what I got.

This trip, I am looking at the Saigon, the new Bellechasse PM, the St. Louis (I have never bought one, using a LV Neverfull since 2013, but thinking about getting one now), and the Belvedere. Also, want to look and see if they have other styles. They discontinued my favorite style this summer (Jeanne), but I might ask if they have any left. If I get the Saigon, that will be all I get. If I get another Bellechasse, then I would probably get a St. Louis or Belvedere as well, potentially.

I did not email Goyard this time. Though every time I have in the past, they have been very responsive and helpful. The main reason I did not email them this time is I wanted to just be able to browse and make a decision.

Last time I was there (last November), I was looking at the Belvedere, though the PM, as I wanted a cross body. I really liked it, but I fell in love with the Bellechasse PM, so that is what I got.

This trip, I am looking at the Saigon, the new Bellechasse PM, the St. Louis (I have never bought one, using a LV Neverfull since 2013, but thinking about getting one now), and the Belvedere. Also, want to look and see if they have other styles. They discontinued my favorite style this summer (Jeanne), but I might ask if they have any left. If I get the Saigon, that will be all I get. If I get another Bellechasse, then I would probably get a St. Louis or Belvedere as well, potentially.

I tried to email them to check on the Belvedere MM and Senat MM for the availability and pricing but they were reluctant to release any information. :doh: I do not really want my family in Paris to make the trouble to go to the store too so I just have to go and check it out when I'm there in May.

Ah I see... The Bellechasse is similar to St. Louis but with a zipper right? The Saigon looks really nice too!!! Good choices tho. If you are looking at the St. Louis, I read in this forum that Goyard St. Louis is not so tough, maybe you might want to look at Faure Le Page Daily Battle 32?

I am definitely getting myself a Belvedere MM as I LOVE cross body bags!!! By any chance do you still remember the pricing for The Belvedere you saw during your last trip?

I am just getting into Luxury bags now as before I was too procrastinated to bear with the money but this trip I am definitely getting a Goyard and maybe 1 or 2 of Faure Le Page. Maybe you can check it out too since Faure Le Page is only in Paris and Osaka. :nuts:

I emailed Goyard Tokyo because I will be going there soon, and while they revealed their stock, they wouldn't tell me their prices because they said it was policy, which I think is a little silly. But they were prompt considering the time difference, and polite. I just emailed Goyard New York to get stock info as well, so hopefully they reply soon!

Reactions: newbagaddict@.@
I emailed Goyard Tokyo because I will be going there soon, and while they revealed their stock, they wouldn't tell me their prices because they said it was policy, which I think is a little silly. But they were prompt considering the time difference, and polite. I just emailed Goyard New York to get stock info as well, so hopefully they reply soon!

Paris, New York, London and Chicago have all been forthcoming with pricing in the past. Stock on the other hand, they caution me to wait until I'm in the store.