**Hermes Chat**

A number of egg hunts in my area have been cancelled because adults go crazy, running after eggs even though it is supposed to be for children only. SMDH

Actually, I am making dinner. After my sister said she was coming, I decided to cook. I am sort of regretting it. She is acting like her younger self. She asked me to get a cake for my nephew's birthday. I called all over because most places aren't making birthday cakes due to Easter. Finally ordered one and then she told me she is going to make one. So now the kid will have two. And she is bringing her dog, which is a nightmare because Emmy doesn't like other dogs. Why didn't she confirm the dog sitter before telling me she was coming and having me go to all this trouble? grrrr

Oh, Luli, I'm so sorry. Definitely not the laid back Easter you had planned. Wish I could come help. I was going to my sister's house, but she's a little over an hour away, and I won't leave the pups that long. Pups come first, right? I'm thinking I'll throw dog treats into the yard as an Easter egg hunt for them. :smile:

Reactions: Mindi B
Sorry about your head @lulilu !
My family and I are big fans of dinners out on holidays and even catered meals at home. No one ever feels like cleaning up so I say go for it, it's way more fun and relaxing for the host in my opinion.

I am home with the drywall contractor finally patching up all the holes from the bedroom/bath renovation. In a few weeks the final trim work should be done and we're ready for painting and the final finish on the hardwood floors. DH is making me wait till apres Tax Day to purchase our bed but we agreed on a bed from Hypnos, well I decided. We have tried every mattress known to man, we are best pals with mattress salespeople all over our region. I knew DH was like this when I married him but I'm more of a 'I like it, we can afford it, let's buy it' person. He's a let's ponder this monumental decision until our current bed sinks to the floor, read every review online, grill the salespeople on the origin of all the materials inside the mattress, go home and research some more, try to find a better price and then ask me to tell him why I like A vs B more many times to see if I change my answers. To which my response is always, I don't know, I just like it :shocked:

To destress from slow times at work, the house being under construction for 7 months now and The Great Mattress Decision of 2017, I have become hooked on spin classes. I just signed up for a challenge to complete 20 classes in a month. After 3 weeks of classes, I can finally sit normally again and I find myself looking forward to the two classes a week I'm doing while still working out at home the other days. I was feeling all proud of myself and went to hop on the scale for the first time in a while today and it's dead. New batteries didn't help, I'm guessing the cats knocked it around too much while I was giving it the silent treatment. I don't like to weigh much but didn't realize it had been so long the thing had died. New one arrives tomorrow but my clothes are fitting differently and that's what matters most to my rational self. The vain part of me would like to see a new low number as well.

Our weather is great and I do have a fun project coming up and some work celebrations in the next month or so to look forward to. I'm going to spend Sunday at a spin class and trying to avoid Easter candy!

MrsO, Congrats on finding joy in spinning classes. It's great to find an activity that you love -- and have it reflected in how clothes fit. I've found happiness in strength training and new eating/drinking habits. I need to buy new pants. That's a happy problem. I have no idea what I weigh now. My scale's out of batteries too. I'm seeing my nutritionist next Wednesday. I'll be weighed then.

These new habits have me rethinking my wine club memberships. Household consumption of wine is not matching the purchasing, so I'm contemplating cancelling them. I have about 4-6 cases of wine in the basement with another case coming with the Spring purchases.

I have to say with the new therapies from my doctor, training and eating, I feel MUCH better. My knees still give me plenty of trouble, and probably will for the rest of my life, but I'm managing it.

Reactions: BBC and Mindi B
MrsO, Congrats on finding joy in spinning classes. It's great to find an activity that you love -- and have it reflected in how clothes fit. I've found happiness in strength training and new eating/drinking habits. I need to buy new pants. That's a happy problem. I have no idea what I weigh now. My scale's out of batteries too. I'm seeing my nutritionist next Wednesday. I'll be weighed then.

These new habits have me rethinking my wine club memberships. Household consumption of wine is not matching the purchasing, so I'm contemplating cancelling them. I have about 4-6 cases of wine in the basement with another case coming with the Spring purchases.

I have to say with the new therapies from my doctor, training and eating, I feel MUCH better. My knees still give me plenty of trouble, and probably will for the rest of my life, but I'm managing it.

Glad you're enjoying the strength training, its so transformative. I need to get back to lifting a few days a week at home.

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better, just getting diagnosed with Celiac and avoiding gluten made me feel instantly better and so many things that plagued me like headaches, joint pain, insomnia etc went away when I got healthier. And exercise does make you feel good.

Love the chucks, I had a pair of Nikes made in similar colors to the H Miles gray/fauve combo as I just can't justify two pairs of H sneakers!

Reactions: Hermezzy
Remember when we talked about not making any major appearance changes due to the astrological forecast? Well, I'm afraid I've taken my hair color update too far. It's a bit lighter than I've normally done, my stylist was inspired by all the rose gold jewelry I've been wearing so it's got more coppery tones to it than I've had in the past. I loved it yesterday, today I'm feeling that thing where I might regret it and hopefully I'll love it again soon.

I'm used to having more cool/deep undertones and this is more warm/light than I'm used to seeing. It doesn't wash me out but I do feel like I need to warm up some of my makeup. I rarely get sun intentionally but I do always get a little color in the warmer months. If I really hate it in another week my colorist says we can glaze it down a little more. DH likes it which is unusual for him, he always wants me to look the exact same. This pic was a little awkward to take and forgive the messiness as I got up at 3:30 and I get ready in the dark :P

IMG_1186.jpg

I think the highlights look well-done, MrsO, but the ultimate question of whether you feel it suits your complexion is, of course, a more complex matter. I say live with it a bit longer, definitely, and see if you settle into it. It's nice that your stylist is open to toning it down if you choose--rather than, "Your hair is my masterpiece. IT MUST NOT BE CHANGED!" :P

I think the highlights look well-done, MrsO, but the ultimate question of whether you feel it suits your complexion is, of course, a more complex matter. I say live with it a bit longer, definitely, and see if you settle into it. It's nice that your stylist is open to toning it down if you choose--rather than, "Your hair is my masterpiece. IT MUST NOT BE CHANGED!" :P

I will, I'm super busy this week and can't get it changed if I want to anyway. I also think the pic is a little brighter/shows more contrast but it's also really hard to be objective when it's your own head.

My stylist is great, she would never be a snooty artiste about it. And I do love the cut she gave me, long bob with slightly shorter than normal bangs. I'm sure by the end of the week I'll be fine, I'm just afraid of angering the planets!