DE speedy 25/30 advice & photos please!

Aprilshack

LoVe LV
O.G.
Aug 24, 2010
I am thinking of getting a DE speedy 25 or 30 DE speedy but there is next to no info or photos of the inside of the bags on the uk LV site. Can people who have recently bought a new LV please tell me if there is a zip pocket inside the 25? Can anyone who has both the 30 and 25 please post some comparison shots? Thanks!

That's what I thought as well. I'm 5'2" / 100 lbs. However, after buying the 25 B in DE, I also bought the 30 B in DA and adored it so much I bought the Speedy classic 30 in Mono. I love them all to bits.
Maybe check the net for a video on a comparison of the classic speedy in 25 and 30.

Reactions: littlehanoi
I am thinking of getting a DE speedy 25 or 30 DE speedy but there is next to no info or photos of the inside of the bags on the uk LV site. Can people who have recently bought a new LV please tell me if there is a zip pocket inside the 25? Can anyone who has both the 30 and 25 please post some comparison shots? Thanks!
There is a ridiculous amount of comparison videos on Youtube for the 25 and 30, not to mention a good ol' fashioned Google search. Interior and exterior-wise they're identical - with all of the Speedys having zippered interior pockets now - and equally cavernous with the only noticeable difference being the size, although some people find getting into the 25 is a little more difficult due to the naturally smaller opening. The 30 is considered to the "Goldilocks size" since it's neither too small or too large, but just right for most body shapes and heights (my mum is 4' 11 and can wear a 30 without issue so long as it has a base shaper to prevent sagging which can make the 30 look larger and 'sloppier' than it really is).

There is a ridiculous amount of comparison videos on Youtube for the 25 and 30, not to mention a good ol' fashioned Google search. Interior and exterior-wise they're identical - with all of the Speedys having zippered interior pockets now - and equally cavernous with the only noticeable difference being the size, although some people find getting into the 25 is a little more difficult due to the naturally smaller opening. The 30 is considered to the "Goldilocks size" since it's neither too small or too large, but just right for most body shapes and heights (my mum is 4' 11 and can wear a 30 without issue so long as it has a base shaper to prevent sagging which can make the 30 look larger and 'sloppier' than it really is).

Ah, thanks. It was the is there a zip pocket in the 25 or not that had me scratching my head. There seems to be a speedy 30 on Vestaire that is quite tempting...or a new s25 from LV...mmmm.

Ah, thanks. It was the is there a zip pocket in the 25 or not that had me scratching my head. There seems to be a speedy 30 on Vestaire that is quite tempting...or a new s25 from LV...mmmm.
What you choose will depend on a lot of factors such as how much you plan to carry (the 25 can hold quite a bit for its size, but that small opening can be an inconvenience, especially if you're trying to grab something in a hurry), your body type/size, personal preference, etc. I should also mention that the 25, even when full, won't sag as much as the 30 can - unless you love the sag - but a good base shaper will do wonders

What you choose will depend on a lot of factors such as how much you plan to carry (the 25 can hold quite a bit for its size, but that small opening can be an inconvenience, especially if you're trying to grab something in a hurry), your body type/size, personal preference, etc. I should also mention that the 25, even when full, won't sag as much as the 30 can - unless you love the sag - but a good base shaper will do wonders

Whichever I choose I will be buying a baseshaper or quite tempted by one of those organisers. I don't carry much but i bought a pocket sized Filofax so with that and other things it makes my new alma bulge a little at the top so the DE will become my work bag. The Vestaire speedy 30 seems in good shape and that is £500 Vs a brand new speedy 25, so there is a bit of a saving.

Whichever I choose I will be buying a baseshaper or quite tempted by one of those organisers. I don't carry much but i bought a pocket sized Filofax so with that and other things it makes my new alma bulge a little at the top so the DE will become my work bag. The Vestaire speedy 30 seems in good shape and that is £500 Vs a brand new speedy 25, so there is a bit of a saving.
Unless the savings are significant, at least to you, and the pre-loved 30 is in excellent condition then I'd personally pass and instead purchase new.

I've got both the classic speedy 25 mono and speedy 30 Azur and want to add another speedy because I just love the style... I can't decide between on size??? I seem to grab my mono 25 more but I think it's because of the print.
Good luck in making your decision.

I've got both the classic speedy 25 mono and speedy 30 Azur and want to add another speedy because I just love the style... I can't decide between on size??? I seem to grab my mono 25 more but I think it's because of the print.
Good luck in making your decision.

I am veering towards a brand new 25 or 25b but do I pay that extra for a strap?!

I am veering towards a brand new 25 or 25b but do I pay that extra for a strap?!
I won't lie when I say that carrying a strictly handheld design is a pure joy because it's not. There have been many times when I wish that my classic Speedy had the option of being worn hands-free, but because it isn't I feel restricted when out shopping or running similar errands and end up selecting a different bag. Spend the extra money for the bandolier version.

I won't lie when I say that carrying a strictly handheld design is a pure joy because it's not. There have been many times when I wish that my classic Speedy had the option of being worn hands-free, but because it isn't I feel restricted when out shopping or running similar errands and end up selecting a different bag. Spend the extra money for the bandolier version.

Mmm, when using it for work it is only a 30 minute walk, if it is raining i can carry it in the nook of my elbow while holding my umbrella. I am not going to order anything until the end of next week so it can come in time for my bday. I will have to look at some more pics for inspiration!

I purchased a LV Speedy 25 DE Bandoliere and I do notice that the zippered opening is small. I don't carry alot in my purse, but it definitely makes retrieving a wallet difficult. I went with a small zipper-around wallet for that reason. Love the look of the bag, though.