Decollete 554 style in 45mm?

iykyk

Oct 9, 2016
Hi everyone,
Please excuse me if I ask silly questions as it's my first time in the CL forum. I'm eyeing on a patent nude pair of Decollete 554 in the 45mm. Now, not having owned any CL as well as any heels of this height, I would really appreciate your wise advice!

First off is the sizing, I'm a TTS 35 for designer shoes. For Valentino rockstud shoes, the non caged flats sz35 run at least 1/2 size large on me, while the heels sz 35 are a perfect fit. Gianvito Rossi (Plexi pumps) sz 35 is slightly big on me. Charlotte Olympia flats sz 35 are 1/2 size big. Jimmy Choo 'Romy' heels sz 35 is slightly big on me ( 0.5 cm big but i can still work with it). I don't have any CL reference so would appreciate your insights..

Secondly, do you find the 45mm too low heels and won't compliment the legs?There's nothing else I want that has my size (35), and i really want to get a pair of nude CL that's walkable in and that I can wear to work. Just not sure if 45mm is almost "flat-like"?
christianlouboutin-decollete554-3140734_PK1A_1_1200x1200_1444660856.jpg

Thanks so much!!

I can't help you regarding sizing because I only have the Decollete 554 in a 100mm heel height. I have a 45mm pair called Rocket and it feels very much like a flat. There is a slight visual trick to the eye that makes it seem leg lengthening. Or, it could just be wishful thinking on my pair since I'm vertically challenged. :P Anyway, if you like the Decollete 554 style and want a lower heel height, I'd look for the Decollete 554 in the 70mm heel height. That is more complimentary to the leg and is comfortable for walking long distances and wearing to work.

Reactions: iykyk
I can't help you regarding sizing because I only have the Decollete 554 in a 100mm heel height. I have a 45mm pair called Rocket and it feels very much like a flat. There is a slight visual trick to the eye that makes it seem leg lengthening. Or, it could just be wishful thinking on my pair since I'm vertically challenged. :P Anyway, if you like the Decollete 554 style and want a lower heel height, I'd look for the Decollete 554 in the 70mm heel height. That is more complimentary to the leg and is comfortable for walking long distances and wearing to work.
I hear you..I'm vertically challenged too haha. I looked up their online stock and there is only the 45mm in my sz (35). As my friend is travelling in Europe now I can only get her to buy them for me in Europe..oh well, if they're really comfy I can get more in different heel heights? lol.
With the lower cut of the Decollete 554 100mm, how comfy do they wear, can you please share? I haven't owned any yet so would be very insightful for me. Thanks!!

I hear you..I'm vertically challenged too haha. I looked up their online stock and there is only the 45mm in my sz (35). As my friend is travelling in Europe now I can only get her to buy them for me in Europe..oh well, if they're really comfy I can get more in different heel heights? lol.
With the lower cut of the Decollete 554 100mm, how comfy do they wear, can you please share? I haven't owned any yet so would be very insightful for me. Thanks!!
I like my Decollete 554 100mm pair. It's currently one of my favorites to wear. They are comfortable. I would say they are comparable to the Manolo Blahnik BB.

I like my Decollete 554 100mm pair. It's currently one of my favorites to wear. They are comfortable. I would say they are comparable to the Manolo Blahnik BB.
I see. Thank you! I don't own any MB's BB..yet :P although I've read conflicting reviews about them (I plan to purchase the Hangisi pumps in the future though).

I just got the décolleté 554 in 100 mm! I love how sexy it looks but I get that it isn't necessarily a good shoe for a long work day.

Having said that, I do find that the 85 mm gives you the best of both worlds. High enough to be sexy but low enough to be comfortable. I don't wear heels on a regular basis but I find the 85 mm is definitely manageable. 70 mm might be okay too.

For me, i wouldn't spend the money on a heel lower than 70 mm. Let's be honest, we're all buying louboutins for the red soles! You can't see the soles in the 45 mm. Most louboutin shoes aren't comfortable for many women so if you were looking for a comfortable office shoe, try to consider other brands! My recommendation: Jimmy Choo Romy in a suede material. I can run in those heels (100 mm)!

I just got the décolleté 554 in 100 mm! I love how sexy it looks but I get that it isn't necessarily a good shoe for a long work day.

Having said that, I do find that the 85 mm gives you the best of both worlds. High enough to be sexy but low enough to be comfortable. I don't wear heels on a regular basis but I find the 85 mm is definitely manageable. 70 mm might be okay too.

For me, i wouldn't spend the money on a heel lower than 70 mm. Let's be honest, we're all buying louboutins for the red soles! You can't see the soles in the 45 mm. Most louboutin shoes aren't comfortable for many women so if you were looking for a comfortable office shoe, try to consider other brands! My recommendation: Jimmy Choo Romy in a suede material. I can run in those heels (100 mm)!

Thanks for your very thoughtful and wise advice :smile: you know what, i own a pair of suede JC Romy and totally love it!!! Mine's in 85mm height - ive discovered that 85-90mm is my most comfy height that i can wear all day.
Funnily enough my other CL pair that is super comfy is the pigalle 85mm in patent leather! Ive been very pleasantly surprised by how cushiony it is inside, even more so than my Jimmy Choo's!

I think i'm going to consider the decollete in 75mm and up! Thanks again!!