Mini or Medium flap

rulebabe

O.G.
May 1, 2007
Hi,
I am trying to decide on my final bag before I move on from Chanel . I currently have the
1) Cerf tote in black
2) SF Jumbo in black and gold h/w
3) 226 reissue in black and gold h/w
4) Beige ml flap.

I am contemplating a ml black or black mini. Either one will be lambskin.

I just had a baby and I'm not using my Chanel bags at the moment but I want to get one before the prices increase further. I feel I will always want the classic black as it is a classic but I also think the mini will be logical since I already have the ml in beige. I am a girly girl and don't think the boy Chanel is for me .

Pls give me your thoughts.

Hi,
I am trying to decide on my final bag before I move on from Chanel . I currently have the
1) Cerf tote in black
2) SF Jumbo in black and gold h/w
3) 226 reissue in black and gold h/w
4) Beige ml flap.

I am contemplating a ml black or black mini. Either one will be lambskin.

I just had a baby and I'm not using my Chanel bags at the moment but I want to get one before the prices increase further. I feel I will always want the classic black as it is a classic but I also think the mini will be logical since I already have the ml in beige. I am a girly girl and don't think the boy Chanel is for me .

Pls give me your thoughts.

Do you plan on using the bag with your baby? I think a mini would make sense since you already have a ml. Since you can wear the mini crossbody, you can also wear it while you are out w/your child. I don't wear my ml with my little one as I always have to pick her up one way or the other. plus the rectangular mini is the mini version of the ml. My vote goes to the rect. mini :smile:

the only reason why I think you would get the ml in black is if you love that size and want a change of color. It is a classic which would worth $$ when you either resell or pass it down to your kid(s).

good luck!

Last edited:
I think black ml is good :smile: very classy in gold.

I am a girly girl too n i like pretty, feminine styles..n i love my boys! Boys can look feminine too depending on colour, leather n hardware :smile: hehe...there are many examples in this wonderful forum ❤Screenshot_2017-04-12-22-40-06.png Here is a pic of mine for a start n I think she is a feminine boy! ;)

Normally I would say M/L since I find it to be the most versatile. But in your case, since you already have a M/L in beige and a 226 Reissue in black, and you have a new baby, the mini might be a better choice...at least for the short term. GLD!

Reactions: yinnie
Since you already have the crossbody option of your 226 and a beige M/L, why not consider a Chanel backpack? You'd be handsfree and I've heard of mommies here on PF loving their Chanel backpacks.

Do you plan on using the bag with your baby? I think a mini would make sense since you already have a ml. Since you can wear the mini crossbody, you can also wear it while you are out w/your child. I don't wear my ml with my little one as I always have to pick her up one way or the other. plus the rectangular mini is the mini version of the ml. My vote goes to the rect. mini :smile:

the only reason why I think you would get the ml in black is if you love that size and want a change of color. It is a classic which would worth $$ when you either resell or pass it down to your kid(s).

good luck!
Thanks for this. I don't plan to use it with my kids. I've had two babies back to back and I have been using a small Ferragamo flap. I like long chain effect of the ml which I don't think I can achieve with the mini.

Reactions: sakuraboo
Thanks for this. I don't plan to use it with my kids. I've had two babies back to back and I have been using a small Ferragamo flap. I like long chain effect of the ml which I don't think I can achieve with the mini.

Not sure what you mean by long chain effect but I agree with other posters that mini would add more variety to your collection. All I wear with my toddler is x-body so that would be my vote. Plus the mini is sooo dang cute!

This is very pretty

Thanks Rulebabe :smile: how tall are you? I have 2 kids too n I don't really use my purses when out with them. I don't have minis as I read that their chains are quite long n being petite at 5'1, I think they might be a tad too long for crossbody :sad: though I think they are really cute n so much less costly ... ML flap works best for me for the girly girl look :smile:

But if you are tall, anything goes :smile: :smile: Good luck deciding.

Normally I would say M/L since I find it to be the most versatile. But in your case, since you already have a M/L in beige and a 226 Reissue in black, and you have a new baby, the mini might be a better choice...at least for the short term. GLD!

+1 well said. I also just had a baby (#2) and have only used my minis. The m/l is gorgeous (my fav chanel but least used sadly as cannot crossbody) but for practical reasons I will go with mini. I hope I can use my m/l more when the kids are grown up and not just for special occasions.