Colonil Leather gel - so happy I found a protector that is not spray

I think it will protect from stains too. Because its supposed to coat the leather. But I do not know about oxidization as I just start using it. My experience with using protecting spray is that it will keep the vachetta fairly slow to patina.

Is there a tin also?I only know the Waterstop spray can and this gel (actually when pumped out it looks like a lotion), I put this gel on a piece of cotton/ tissue and lather onto the vachetta. I dries after a while and it does not leave any watermark on the vachetta. I tried on my Longchamp leather keyholder also, which I pour water directly from my drinking cup onto, and the water just slide off the keyholder surface to the ground. I am so happy because this is so cheap (10 euros here in Germany) compared to the LMB kit which I also ordered but more expensive (and I am waiting to try the LMB to compare also). Colonil is a German product, and I have really good experiences with German chemical products (like the stain remover, it can remove the cherry drop on my light pink sweater without bleaching the color of the sweater :smile:

Reactions: Mariapia
Anyone else have used this as well and can give me more details on it? I wrote an article on my blog about products I'm using to protect my bag (as of now) and would love to give this a try and add this on the list or write a separate post about it or maybe even review it for myself. But would like to hear more testimonies from you ladies before going forward with it.

Reactions: musk_plus
I ordered both collonill leather gel (in a tub) and the waterstop spray.
Should I apply the gel, air dry, and spray the waterstop spray to 'maximise' the effect?
Thanks!

Yes that's what I usually do. It's better to use 2 types of product. One for conditioning leather, one for water proofing. They have different purposes.