Scarves Scarf Of The Day - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking for a little, enjoying everyone's posts. But this week's theme brought me out of the shadows. I too love the detail of the contrasting hem. For me, part of the appeal is simply how they do it (I am clueless about sewing). Anyways, here's a Folklore. Terrible selfie but at least you can see the contrast blue hem. (Oh - and I love this design).

Subtle and beautiful with your yummy cashmere.

What a fabulously moody dark Jardins D'Hiver , and huge congratulations on your lovely new Parures Precieuses

Lime/absinthe drive me insane…with joy ! Paperoles has an orange contrast hem too.:heart::heart::heart:

Like many I'm loving the Mediteranée wisp of gorgeousness!

Love the history of this one and an elegant contrast hem rarity from the olden days!

I note that Dragonflies seems to have a rather crazy colouration for the contrast hem, love it !
And so nice to see your Tour de Clés too.
Ah, the olden days. Thank you, frou frou!

You know I love your vintage scarves and this one in particular! I was going to ask that very question---about the origins/earliest date of contrasting hems…good to know and be on the lookout for older ones.
Thank you, my dear. How about that rose one I linked to??? I am insane now thinking about it. I have the ivory/green and the green/green also. Without contrast hem the border is actually wider. I think it's @seton who finds it the most annoyingly large border of any scarf ever, LOL

I must not strangle myself trying to imitate Pautinka and her gorgeous knot! :hrmm:
View attachment 3664312
I must not strangle myself trying to imitate Pautinka and her gorgeous knot! :whut:
View attachment 3664310
I must not strangle myself trying to imitate Pautinka and her gorgeous knot! :wtf:
View attachment 3664311
I must not strangle myself trying to imitate Pautinka and her gorgeous knot! :rolleyes:

Well, I may not be able to master this knot, I may be too tired to find a matching shirt, but at least I am brave enough to post stupid selfies.
Shown: Torana, with a nice contrast hem.

Those three parallel tails with your Panthera scarf make me happy.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I'm so glad you did not strangle yourself trying to imitate Pautinka and her gorgeous knot!

Also, thanks for showing that cw of Torana tied! I've always been drawn to that one and it's as gorgeous as I thought it would be!

Reactions: Pautinka and scarf1
Thank you, my dear. How about that rose one I linked to??? I am insane now thinking about it. I have the ivory/green and the green/green also. Without contrast hem the border is actually wider. I think it's @seton who finds it the most annoyingly large border of any scarf ever, LOL

Well, YESSSSS, that one is gorgeous---1951! So French with the bordeaux border and the bright blue…I can see how you are insane about it! Did you ask the price? I noticed it was not listed…mmm…one of those "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" things?

I have so many contrast hems I'm editing down to types:

Standout golden contrast hem on ExLeCam against the black

yellowblk_zpsekgh0oqa.jpg

to the more unusual subtle blue agains purples and reds of ABdlM

DSC_0164_zpsqc9stv0g.jpg

Coordinating to highlight on MT

NOscarfMT2_zpstes7z1mz.jpg

Almost as if part of the design on Tatersale

DSC_0143_zpsrjvhsfv0.jpg

DSC_0144_zpsirvdtbx1.jpg

Provides a 'frame' on a busy scarf CduC

DSC_0723_zpsi6ex8tgg.jpg