Thoughts on the Mini Shoulder Bag in Intrecciato Madras

Dec 17, 2013
Dear all, I have been thinking about this bag but had not seen it in person. Has anyone seen or tried it on? Any thoughts and opinions are very much appreciated.

What I like about it:
- madras leather is sturdy and wears well. Slight sheen of the leather.
- the dimensions are in fact quite close to the small Iron bag, which I find roomy. The dimensions are 23cm (W) x 16cm (H) x 12cm (D).
- double chain straps allow two ways of carrying it.
- casual dressy vibe. I really like the small Olimpia and nearly purchased it on so many occasions. What always stopped me was the curling of the flap. If only BV did a reinforcement of some sort to prevent the curling.

My concerns:
- the folding sides. My country is hot and humid so I imagine I will need to store it with the folding sides all stretched out, to prevent leather sticking together and peeling. Is this concern valid at all for Madras leather?
- general practicality. I wonder how easy it is to get into and out of the bag whilst the bag is on the shoulder, with the folding sides cinching the bag closed.

http://www.bottegaveneta.com/hk/shoulder-or-hobo-bag_cod45290101df.html

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts.
45290101df_14_fp.jpg45290101df_14_rp.jpg45290101df_14_ep.jpg45290101df_14_dp.jpg45290101df_14_ap.jpg45290101df_14_lp.jpg

Reactions: ksuromax
I like the leather a lot. I have this leather in the Bella style. I have seen this bag in person. I think it's easy to get in/out BUT it easily loses its shape as soon as it's SLIGHTLY overstuffed.
I saw your thread on it and it is the only thread I found on the Madras leather. I did ponder whether the magnetic closure might slip open if I had too much within. Thank you for sharing about how it potential might lose its shape. That is surely something for me to think about.

It looks great and reminds me of my Chanel accordeon
it's a lovely bag for a casual night out, fits enough but not too big/bulky
i think design should work for you (judging basis your recent score of Disco) and leather looks dreamy, too
i haven't touched the Madras irl, but i love textured leather and can guess it feels great :hbeat:

Attachments

• downloadfile-105.jpg
    downloadfile-105.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 352
Reactions: frenziedhandbag
It looks great and reminds me of my Chanel accordeon
it's a lovely bag for a casual night out, fits enough but not too big/bulky
i think design should work for you (judging basis your recent score of Disco) and leather looks dreamy, too
i haven't touched the Madras irl, but i love textured leather and can guess it feels great :hbeat:

My thoughts exactly with its capacity and intended purpose (casual nights out). Your Chanel gives me the inkling that it is easy to get into as there is no flap cover. I am very pleased with my Disco, it is very practical and convenient for me in terms of reaching for my cards or lip balm or keys. I have not had an accordion style bag before and really pondering in terms of practicality, which is key to me (spoilt by the cervo loop and campana) [emoji5].

It is funny when one is looking at this style and I suddenly see a lot of options available at the outlet and preloved market. Thank you for taking time to snap a picture of your Chanel and sharing your thoughts. It helps a lot!

My thoughts exactly with its capacity and intended purpose (casual nights out). Your Chanel gives me the inkling that it is easy to get into as there is no flap cover. I am very pleased with my Disco, it is very practical and convenient for me in terms of reaching for my cards or lip balm or keys. I have not had an accordion style bag before and really pondering in terms of practicality, which is key to me (spoilt by the cervo loop and campana) [emoji5].

It is funny when one is looking at this style and I suddenly see a lot of options available at the outlet and preloved market. Thank you for taking time to snap a picture of your Chanel and sharing your thoughts. It helps a lot!
Welcome any time :flowers:
actually there's a flap, but it has a magnet inside and doesn't flap over

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
The bag is cute the way the website photos show it, but if the folds along the sides tends to flop out instead of in, it changes the look of the bag. As its photographed, it doesn't look much different from the Olimpia. Did you see the Nero one on the Fashionphile website? It looks like a more broken-in bag and the shape is totally different.
Goatskin is great though, it wears nicely and as you mentioned, has a nice sheen.
Personally, two or more "cons" would make me rethink the bag. For me, a bag has to work exactly as it is without training or modifications, but I know everyone has a different tolerance level - mine is very low. :flowers:

The bag is cute the way the website photos show it, but if the folds along the sides tends to flop out instead of in, it changes the look of the bag. As its photographed, it doesn't look much different from the Olimpia. Did you see the Nero one on the Fashionphile website? It looks like a more broken-in bag and the shape is totally different.
Goatskin is great though, it wears nicely and as you mentioned, has a nice sheen.
Personally, two or more "cons" would make me rethink the bag. For me, a bag has to work exactly as it is without training or modifications, but I know everyone has a different tolerance level - mine is very low. :flowers:

Thank you Von! Your input is valuable to me. I just saw the bag listed on Fashionphile last night and was dismayed to see the sides flopping out. It definitely made me rethink the bag as a slouchy look is pretty but an out of shape look is not (at least to me). All other pictures I had seen of the bag prior were of a new bag and looked perfect.

A night's sleep and more thinking made me conclude a no-go for this bag. I will still like something in goatskin though, perhaps an SLG instead.

Reactions: V0N1B2
Thank you Von! Your input is valuable to me. I just saw the bag listed on Fashionphile last night and was dismayed to see the sides flopping out. It definitely made me rethink the bag as a slouchy look is pretty but an out of shape look is not (at least to me). All other pictures I had seen of the bag prior were of a new bag and looked perfect.

A night's sleep and more thinking made me conclude a no-go for this bag. I will still like something in goatskin though, perhaps an SLG instead.

Congrats on making the decision! [emoji4]

I think we should celebrate good decisions, as much as we celebrate new purchases... and this forum is amazing in giving fair thoughts on any purchase!

Congrats on making the decision!

I think we should celebrate good decisions, as much as we celebrate new purchases... and this forum is amazing in giving fair thoughts on any purchase!

[emoji4] Thank you! I agree wholeheartedly with you. This forum is amazing but only so because of the ladies here whom made it so. I think the BVettes here make me love BV even more.

Reactions: HereToLearn

thanks a lot also, Von! i was also very interested in this bag but maybe it is not good for a longterm bag for me